Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Cooking Thanksgiving Day Turkey  (Read 7959 times)

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Cooking Thanksgiving Day Turkey
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »

Hey BigNutsMan,
WAKE UP!!!! You were having some kind of fantasy, hallucination or something while you were posting on the site here. There ain't no such woman like that anywhere. Are you sure you ain't dreaming???  If so can you hook me up with some of those drugs you must be on???
However, if it is all true then yes...you are a Very Lucky Bastard!!!
...and does your Ms. have a filthy rich, hot, good looking, twin sister you can hook me up with???
It appears you will have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Yes I am making all these things for my man, he always get homemade food, when we first met I used to Mail him homemade apple pies I made :drink: from NY to LA, one a week, cost over $10.00 just to mail them, I have spoiled him rotten, but I wouldn't change a thing, he loves to eat, and I love to cook, so we get along fine.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, if anyone is near us, stop by for some holiday cheer... :drink:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »

Our Thanksgiving Dinner will be held on Saturday this year due to scheduling issues getting the adult kids and other family together, but it's gonna be a good time.  :bananarock:

Paula and I have already prepared the Punkin' cheesecakes, Punkin' pies and Homemade wheat bread. Paula will roast the big bird in the oven on Saturday. We'll have us some sweet potatoes, scratch  made mashed taters (I get to do that), green beans and of course stuffing made with sausage,onions and rice, oh and don't ferget the cranberry sauce  :2vrolijk_21:

On Thursday the actual holiday Paula will watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on the TV while I get ready to watch some football and just generally just relax. Don't look for us anywhere near a shopping mall.....personally I don't buy into all that "black Friday" hype...besides most of our Christmas shopping is done, therefore it's to late to get on the list, sorry......

hey Phato I will make you a worthwhile trade for a punkin cheese cake, man that sounds good. :2vrolijk_21:
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »

Home made punkin cheesecake? I have to get in on this too. I love cheesecake. Never heard or tried a pumpkin one though. My wife makes some killer popovers..... wanna trade?  :orange:
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Deep Fry an injected turkey. I use Newman's Own italian salad dressing strained through cheesecloth for the injector. We do the conventional oven roasted as well. The deep fried bird is GONE at dinner while the sandwhiches from the oven bird last a week.

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »

We have the gear to fry a bird but will be traveling, although not far, so I reckon it will be an oven roasted turkey this year. Have much to be thankful for, my son/his wife added another daughter to the family last night...
congrats on the little one  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:22 PM »

OK, for those who wish to try this at home:
Punkin Cheesecake
10" pies
 Ginger Snap crust - you can use any crust you want but the Ginger Snaps are what makes it soooo good.

Ingredients per pie shell :2 Cups crushed Ginger Snap cookies, 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Butter
1. Melt butter in microwave (or any other method you prefer)
2. in medium bowl combine the crushed cookies and the butter
3. line the bottom and sides of pie plate
4. bake at 400* for 5 minutes

Cheesecake Filling (this will make 2 cheesecakes, 10" size)
ingredients: 8 Ounces cream cheese - you could use low fat but why bother - 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar
1. mix ingredients thoroughly in a suitable bowl
2. remove 2 Cups of the above mixture and set aside in a separate bowl.

Punkin Filling (again for 2 cheesecakes, 10" size)
ingredients: 1/4 Cup sugar, 2 Cups cooked and mashed Fresh(REAL not canned) pumpkin, 1.5 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Vanilla.
1. Mix it all up thoroughly in a big bowl
2. Add in the cream cheese mixture -(NOT THE TWO CUPS YOU SET ASIDE! - The other bowl of it)
3. mix it up good.
4.Pour the mixture into you 10" pie shells you prepared with those Ginger Snap cookies - be careful to leave a little room in them
5. Add 1 Cup of the cream cheese mixture you set aside when you made the cream cheese mixture (you did remember to do that right?) into each pie - swirl the cream cheese mixture around to make a fun pattern with a suitable utensil like a butter knife or fork.
6 Bake at 325* for 45 -50 minutes - you may have to adjust your cooking time until the center of the Pie wiggles a little bit like jello.

7. Let them cool a little so you don't burn your mouth then add some whipped cream (more fat) and enjoy...                   
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »

Oh and if you end up with a little extra Punkin Pie filling and that little bit of home made crust mixture (the ones below are traditional pie crust)and aren't sure what to do with it? a mini muffin pan is the answer  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

WOOP  WOOP   :orange:   :2thumbsup:

Punkin Cheesecake
10" pies
 Ginger Snap crust - you can use any crust you want but the Ginger Snaps are what makes it soooo good.

Ingredients per pie shell :2 Cups crushed Ginger Snap cookies, 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Butter

ingredients: 8 Ounces cream cheese - you could use low fat but why bother - 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar

ingredients: 1/4 Cup sugar, 2 Cups cooked and mashed Fresh(REAL not canned) pumpkin, 1.5 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Vanilla.
2. Add in the cream cheese mixture -(NOT THE TWO CUPS YOU SET ASIDE! - The other bowl of it)
3. mix it up good.
4.Pour the mixture into you 10" pie shells you prepared with those Ginger Snap cookies - be careful to leave a little room in them
5. Add 1 Cup of the cream cheese mixture you set aside when you made the cream cheese mixture (you did remember to do that right?) into each pie - swirl the cream cheese mixture around to make a fun pattern with a suitable utensil like a butter knife or fork.
6 Bake at 325* for 45 -50 minutes - you may have to adjust your cooking time until the center of the Pie wiggles a little bit like jello.

7. Let them cool a little so you don't burn your mouth then add some whipped cream (more fat) and enjoy...                 
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »

My favorite way is injected with Creole Butter and deep fried, which is how it will be done at my youngest Daughters house this year, I will be helping her Husband. 

Second is mesquite smoked.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »

Damn I've gained weight and had to loosen my belt buckle just reading the posts on this topic.  I think I will relax on the couch and watch some football...ZZZZZZZ....ZZZZZZZ......ZZZZZZZ........

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »

Punkin Cheesecake
10" pies

3. mix it up good.

Phato you dog, how could I not make this for my sweetie, I'm getting the stuff to make it today, and it is perfect because I baked our pumpkins this year and have the FRESH pumpkin all ready to use, THANK You for taking the time to post the recipe, buying Ginger snaps today, that sounds like it will be awesome.  WooHoo...  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »

I love fried turkey like everybody else, but I didn't like all that grease mess. Check out the Big Easy by Char Broil it's the best $79.00 you will ever spend. Just put the bird in for 2.5 hours and drizzle it with oil every 30 minutes and you've got the best fried turkey without all the mess!!
Letz Ride

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:11 AM »

I love fried turkey like everybody else, but I didn't like all that grease mess. Check out the Big Easy by Char Broil it's the best $79.00 you will ever spend. Just put the bird in for 2.5 hours and drizzle it with oil every 30 minutes and you've got the best fried turkey without all the mess!!

knothead, that's a great fryer if you are only frying 1 or 2 turkeys, but I am frying 6 Wednesday night and 6 Thursday. I do have 2 fryers and can cook 6 in a little over 3 1/2 hrs.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

Mikey, what are you doing with 12 Turkeys? Just wondering----
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »

Prolly takes a lot of the juice to be basting that many birds. :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 20 queries.