Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Winter Storage  (Read 8047 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
Re: Winter Storage
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »

If they really do change the oil and filter when you drop it off and then again when you come to pick it up, they are dumber than a box of rocks.  There is absolutely ZERO reason to do that, the oil and filter don't deteriorate or get dirty just sitting in the dealership or your own garage over the winter.  If we give this dealership the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't really dumber than a box of rocks, I'd say that the person who explained the program either misspoke or thinks lying about something like this will convince more people to use their storage deal.   :nixweiss:

Jerry

Hey Jerry,
My harley or for that matter any motorcycle mechanical knowledge I may have is next to zero...and maybe less than that if I was truly honest with myself. My "wrenching" experience is limited to replacing the mirror once when I did not fully engage the kick stand...what a god-awful sound that is. Surprisingly it hasn't fallen off yet.
I don't disagree with you...and maybe the service rep. was mistaken. Maybe an argument can be made to change the oil because it was sitting for four months, I wouldn't understand why but as unknowledgeable as I am they could probably convince me. But there would be no reason to change an unused oil filter. Maybe they just change it once...but how would anybody know the difference anyway? And maybe my old sorry ass heard more than what he was really saying. I think I will investigate a little more when I pick it up next spring.
Thanks,
john
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:07:24 PM by 2 ROSE »

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 07:11:01 PM »

If you're worried about looters messing with your bike, just hang a pair of work boots or work gloves off the handlebars...they won't go anywhere near it.

You are bad...funny and truthful...but bad. :)

Sorry...modifying to also say I agree. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:14:36 PM by 2 ROSE »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

And maybe my old sorry ass heard more than what he was really saying. I think I will investigate a little more when I pick it up next spring.
Thanks,
john

You are going to wait till next spring to make that determination? You sir are a dealerships dream.

:o

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »

You are going to wait till next spring to make that determination? You sir are a dealerships dream.

SBB

Ok SBB,
Now you went and did it...you really pissed me off. I am getting off my sorry ass and going down there tomorrow and get the story straight.
Thanks... :)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:55:02 PM by 2 ROSE »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »

SBB

Ok SBB,
Now you went and did it...you really pissed me off. I am getting off my sorry ass and going down there tomorrow and get the story straight.
Thanks...

That's what friends are for!
We watch out for you even when you don't want us to!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »

SBB

Talked to the man incharge of service. They change the oil and filter only once...a misunderstanding on my part. They do clean it when I drop it off and again when I pick it up. Also includes fuel additive, state inspection and battery tender connection as I stated previously.
Thanks you guys for setting me straight.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 04:09:29 PM »

Talked to the man incharge of service. They change the oil and filter only once...a misunderstanding on my part. They do clean it when I drop it off and again when I pick it up. Also includes fuel additive, state inspection and battery tender connection as I stated previously.

We here for you!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 04:14:54 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:    I'm sorry if my comment stirred up a hornets nest over nothing.  I probably should have just assumed it was a misunderstanding and kept my mouth shut, but there have been so many other dealership issues involving BS and lies that I sometimes assume the worst.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.