Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Son leaving for the Navy  (Read 4246 times)

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
Son leaving for the Navy
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »

Hey all,

I see lots of people asking for a quick prayer for loved ones and I am requesting the same.  My middle son leaves next Monday to go to Great Lakes for boot camp and then to Charleston for Nuclear Power Training.  Please if you have a moment ask the big guy above to keep an eye on him. 

Thanks
Very Proud Parents

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Son leaving for the Navy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »

Gator, we will keep your son in our prayers.  He will be fine.  Is he going to be assigned as a bubblehead or ship duty.
Hoping he will get what his heart desires.

Greg
USN 1978/1982

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »

Prayers go out for him and thanks go out to him for his service.

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:21:11 PM »

It takes a special sort of man to volunteer to defend his country.  God has already blessed him and your family.  He is starting the adventure of a lifetime, may he have calm seas and a following wind

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »

Gator, we will keep your son in our prayers.  He will be fine.  Is he going to be assigned as a bubblehead or ship duty.
Hoping he will get what his heart desires.

Greg
USN 1978/1982

Not sure which they will assign him to.  I think it depends on grades.  He is 6'3" tall so hope he ends up somewhere with some head room...  LOL..  Thanks for the prayer.

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:42:26 PM »

Hey all,

I see lots of people asking for a quick prayer for loved ones and I am requesting the same.  My middle son leaves next Monday to go to Great Lakes for boot camp and then to Charleston for Nuclear Power Training.  Please if you have a moment ask the big guy above to keep an eye on him. 

Thanks
Very Proud Parents
Yes-  may God watch over him, keep him safe as well as comfort his proud parents –

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:09:46 PM »

Nice to here we will send many Prayers to him and your family.
DND

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

TXGator,  You have the right to be proud of your son.  I wouldn't worry, if your son scored high enough for Nuclear Power Training he is in the very top percentile wise in the smarts department and he'll do just fine.  Take it from a Navy vet with 32 years of active service (1966-1998) who joined as an enlisted man and served in paygrades E-1 through E-8 and then in year 13 was commissioned to ensign from senior chief and went on to retire as an LDO Commander (6330); trust me.........with his smarts and your good looks (just guessing), if your son does his best he will have a very rewarding career.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:51:10 AM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:29 AM »

Congratulations!!  I just retired (fully) after 30 yrs in the military, age 48.  Not too many careers where you can do that anymore! 

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »

Thanks Fly..

I am sure he will do fine as well but I always think that well wishes from fellow vets and non-vets go a long way to raise his spirits and give motivation.  I am relay each message that come in from you all to Justin as well as Hollie my wife.  Actually I am as concerned for her as him.  She is starting to realize that one more son to go (he is ROTC as well) and she will be stuck with just me..  Poor old TX girl.. LOL!!  Anyway, it means a lot to us all...
PS.  I hope he got his looks from his mother or he isn't gonna' get far depending on those.  LOL!!

God Bless..

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 12:02:03 PM »

Congratulations!!  I just retired (fully) after 30 yrs in the military, age 48.  Not too many careers where you can do that anymore!

You entered in '84 with me.  I did 13 active, got out for 15, and am now back as a weekend warrior to try to finish up and get my 20..  I have figured out that I am not as young as I used to be..  Aren't going to be any more 5 minute mile runs coming from me..

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

TxGator as has been said it takes a special man to enlist, you and your family have a right to be proud. I was lucky enough to spend over 23 active in two different branches and did things most people can not even fully wrap their head around and had the time of my life doing it. We also understand the concern and worries as our oldest son did his Combat Tour as a medic with the Cav Scouts, that gave me a much greater understanding of what I really put my wife through. Your son is in the top of the class by going in and clearly has done very well to be headed into the Nuclear program. I heard Great Lakes isn't bad expect for the wind, cold, chow and basic training, lol - He will do great!  Payers being sent and please pass on our heart felt thanks for his service to all of us.

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 08:29:02 AM »

It takes a special sort of man to volunteer to defend his country.  God has already blessed him and your family.  He is starting the adventure of a lifetime, may he have calm seas and a following wind

I will whole heartedly second that statement from Gank and add your son to my prayer list.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »

TXGator, Also to mention I did boot camp at Great Lakes starting Jan 1966; yes it was cold (-10 a couple days). In the warmer months they did the drills outside on the grinders (parade fields and/or paved lots), but because it was winter we did all our drills inside of enclosed hanagars and the only time we spent outside in the cold was marching to and from classes, chow, or to the hangars for drills in the form of marching, formation drills, rifle drills, and calisthenics -lots of calisthenics. You mentioned your son being tall and thin.  In boot camp, as I recall, all the skinny guys gained weight and all the fat guys lost weight and everyone graduated at the desired weight.  Your post brought back a lot of fond old memories for me, I even dug out the graduation book from the time I spent at Great Lakes boot camp, I sure looked young back then.  :o
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:03:34 AM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »

I sure looked young back then.  :o

Didn't we all... I went in September of 84.  6' and a buck 20 but it was the heat of South Carolina so I fit right in..

Thank you so much for all of the well wishes.  God bless you all...

Wayne
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.