Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Happy (Freaking) New Year  (Read 1498 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Happy (Freaking) New Year
« on: December 30, 2006, 01:32:21 PM »

I know, it's just a calendar thing.  And depending on which calendar you're using it may not even be New Year.  Hell, it's not even New Year by the standard calendar when you take all the historical revisions in to account.  But it is party time.  That's a good enough reason for the acknowledgement.

I shall be leaving any desk later this afternoon to start the New Years Holiday celebration.  And, no, we're not starting the party unnaturally early.  All New Years parties should last this long.

So let me take this opportunity, while still able to type effectively (as, while there might be later attempts at the keyboard they will likely be, well..... um... attenuated [i.e., screwed up, chit faced, lacking in a certain clarity or coherence and could potentially seem somewhat obscure]) to wish everyone a happy and festive New Year.  May your roads be clear, your tires be good, your throttle grip be firm, your loved ones be safe and your life be prosperous and full.  As the thing we knew as 2006 becomes artifact and that we'll know as 2007 takes breath take in joy wherever you can.  

I personally look forward to many things.  Not small among them will be times on the road with some of the people here.  Thank you all for having shared part of what is now our history, for having expanded the vistas of things already so enjoyed and for being part of the tapestry yet made for our future.  Happy New Year everyone!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Happy (Freaking) New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »

I know, it's just a calendar thing.  And depending on which calendar you're using it may not even be New Year.  Hell, it's not even New Year by the standard calendar when you take all the historical revisions in to account.  But it is party time.  That's a good enough reason for the acknowledgement.

I shall be leaving any desk later this afternoon to start the New Years Holiday celebration.  And, no, we're not starting the party unnaturally early.  All New Years parties should last this long.

So let me take this opportunity, while still able to type effectively (as, while there might be later attempts at the keyboard they will likely be, well..... um... attenuated [i.e., screwed up, chit faced, lacking in a certain clarity or coherence and could potentially seem somewhat obscure]) to wish everyone a happy and festive New Year.  May your roads be clear, your tires be good, your throttle grip be firm, your loved ones be safe and your life be prosperous and full.  As the thing we knew as 2006 becomes artifact and that we'll know as 2007 takes breath take in joy wherever you can.  

I personally look forward to many things.  Not small among them will be times on the road with some of the people here.  Thank you all for having shared part of what is now our history, for having expanded the vistas of things already so enjoyed and for being part of the tapestry yet made for our future.  Happy New Year everyone!

I'll drink to that [smiley=drink.gif] (but I'll drink to anything ::) ). Seriously Don, thanks for everything and a very Happy New Year to you and the family! Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »

Happy New Year to all of my CVO Friends

jeffj

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »

Yeah, what Don said so well....as always [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Happy 2007 to all!
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 11:19:36 AM »

[smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=bananarock.gif]May everyone have a safe and prosperous New Year [smiley=bananarock.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

Happy Trails to you all :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:20:18 AM by GROVER »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »

Don et al, Happy New Year to each and everyone.

This has been a good year in many ways, found this site, met many new faces in CC and now I look forward to meeting even more in Nelson in 2007.

We all have plenty to be thankful and grateful for.

Let 2007 bring health, happiness and peace to each of you and the planet we all share.

Bagger

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 11:34:05 AM »

[smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=bananarock.gif]May everyone have a safe and prosperous New Year [smiley=bananarock.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

Happy Trails to you all :)

Happy Flippin' New Year!  My in-laws are visiting.  The new year will be happy when they LEAVE!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »

I would like to wish all of you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year. Celebrate and enjoy but above all, BE SAFE. My resolution is to ride smarter and my wish is that each of us be here repeating this for 2008.

Happy New Year,
Mark

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 12:14:21 PM »

This site has enabled all the people who are members of it ,to be the counterbalance of good, in todays world of technology that is ever trying to poison mankind.  It is the human passion and compassion that will always outweigh the sadams and osama's and world-bank greed we face as a race.  Thank everyone here for a small screen of sanity and joy and trust.  Happy New Year   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »

Happy New Year everyone! [smiley=drink.gif] Thanks to everyone for this place. We should all be thankful we have each other to lean on and learn from! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] We're all better because of it! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »

We must all have so much to be thankful for and I trust the New Year will be in kind  ;D. A big hoorah to 2006 and let the pre-party for 2007 begin  [smiley=drink.gif]. I pray for our troops. Happy New Year everyone  [smiley=pineapple.gif].

Kelly
I'm not broke, just badly bent!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 07:52:58 PM »

While we are a few hours away and the over-whelming majority of you are at parties and having some fun...Happy New Year and I trust it brings you all that you desire.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 07:58:46 PM »

And a Happy New Year to you and yours also, Jock.  (and TwoLane for starting this thread) and to all the CVOers out there in this wide world web of ours~  Har!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:02:18 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:51 AM »

WooooHooooo

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 03:25:45 AM »

WooooHooooo

Yes!  The West Coast folks get to watch the New Years roll in from Austrailia, Japan, Russia, Europe, The East Coast, Mid West and then.............  Happy New Year to you too!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.