Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: What's the most popular CVO model in your area?  (Read 5842 times)

WideOpen

• FLHRSEI.ORG
What's the most popular CVO model in your area?
« on: December 30, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »

I have 4 H-D dealers I haunt here on the west coast of central FL and I have seen both the SE Dyna and the SE Springer available at times in all of them. Today I was in one and a salesman told me he had a SEEG in stock that hasn't come out on the floor yet if I wanted to see it. But I have never seen a SERK on the floor, nor has any dealer had one in stock to show me.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the most popular model in their area. I read a thread on the v-twin forum awhile back that a dealer up north, I don't remember exactly what state it was, was selling the SERK for $3,000 off the msrp.  [smiley=confused5.gif] Not sure I believe that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:30:52 PM by WideOpen »

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: What's the most popular CVO model in your area
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:50:55 PM »

I find that hard to believe also. Snow or not, plenty of people would fly, drive, ship or whatever if they are listing $3000 under. To answer your question, I see a well mixed variety of SEs in Hawaii where I spend most of my time and in Alaska mostly SEUC's as those are the guys putting on the miles like me.  [smiley=pineapple.gif]
Kelly
I'm not broke, just badly bent!

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »

In the midwest my guess would be between the touring bikes.  All of them are sold before arrival, while I know the dealership I frequent most have in stock both dyna and springers.  BTW, this dealership is an MSRP dealership if anyone is interested in either a dyna or springer.

Jim

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »

Don't see too many CVO bikes around here.  I have a friend in Hazel Green, AL who has an EB/MGP SEUC just like mine.  Terry in Bham has a BCC/CS SEUC and a SEVROD.  I have three friends in lower Alabama with 2 SEEGs and one SERK, although it has been reported the SERK owner traded for a 07 SEUC.  I have two friends in Clarksville, TN with SERKs.  There is a guy running around Huntsville with a Haze SEUC.  I've asked him if he's heard of this forum.  He said he hasn't and wasn't interested...........sort of a snooty rooty poo hoity toity type, which definitly wouldn't fit in around here on cvoharley.com anyway.  I see the occasional "passin' thru" CVO bike.  That's about it to my knowledge for this area.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »

From my travels around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and in talking to several of the dealership folks, I would have to say the two most popular here are by far the Ultra and the RK.  I have seen a Springer and/or Dyna on the floor at several of our local stores.  Some are even at MSRP for these two models.  My buddy is actually getting a red Dyna in January from the same out of town dealer where I am buying mine.

Also, in another thread I mentioned my dealer (who sold me my Heritage) is listing CVO's at $2K over.  That does not apply to the Dynas and Springers.  He said they are not selling quite as fast as the two touring models, so they are  selling those models at MSRP.

Hey, I would take any of the four, but one of them has to go first ;D
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

dps4

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »

in Fort Wayne, the 2 dealers have between them- 1 Springer, 2 Dynas and 2 Road Kings. They have had the Kings for over 8 weeks.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 05:03:01 PM »

I have 4 H-D dealers I haunt here on the west coast of central FL and I have seen both the SE Dyna and the SE Springer available at times in all of them. Today I was in one and a salesman told me he had a SEEG in stock that hasn't come out on the floor yet if I wanted to see it. But I have never seen a SERK on the floor, nor has any dealer had one in stock to show me.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the most popular model in their area. I read a thread on the v-twin forum awhile back that a dealer up north, I don't remember exactly what state it was, was selling the SERK for $3,000 off the msrp.  [smiley=confused5.gif] Not sure I believe that.

We're nearly half way into the 07 model year and your dealership still has an model year 04 or 05 SEEG that hasn't been brought out onto the floor yet?  That's really hard to believe.  Why do you think they held it back for two years?

As far as what model is most popular.......here in Nor Cal it would have to be the SEEG.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »

We're nearly half way into the 07 model year and your dealership still has an model year 04 or 05 SEEG that hasn't been brought out onto the floor yet?  That's really hard to believe.  Why do you think they held it back for two years?

As far as what model is most popular.......here in Nor Cal it would have to be the SEEG.

I figured he meant a used bike  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] :-/ .

WideOpen

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 06:58:14 PM »

My Bad. :-[ I'm new enough at this to not quite have my abbreviations down for the CVO's. What I meant was they have a new 07 SE Ultra in stock. Sorry for the confusion. Guess I'm living down to my newbie tag. ::)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »

In central Ohio, the SEUltra is the hardest to find or stays on the floor the shortest time.  Most of the other models are available.  One small dealer still had two SE Fatboys in late November.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 01:48:15 AM »

My Bad. :-[ I'm new enough at this to not quite have my abbreviations down for the CVO's. What I meant was they have a new 07 SE Ultra in stock. Sorry for the confusion. Guess I'm living down to my newbie tag. ::)

No harm.  We, on this site, gave the CVOs our own set of nicknames for each model.  Screamin Eagle Electra Glide = SEEG; Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic = SEUC; Screamin Eagle Road Glide = SERG; Screamin Eagle Road King = SERK; etc. etc.

I think the baggers go first being the most in demand......nearly all are usually sold before they even arrive at a dealership.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 01:49:35 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »

SEUC is the favorite, do not see many on show room floors....I have seen Road Kings, a lot of Springers and several Dynas.....

SEUC RULE!!!!!!

napalm
napalm

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

We’ve discussed the demographics of the H-D CVO owner group in previous threads and if you’re in agreement with that information, it’s easy to explain why the SEUC wins out hands down. CVO owners, meaning mature adult males with adequate disposable income are who the MOCO depends upon to buy $24K to $35K motorcycles. Guess what our demographic group prefers to ride?
The SE Dyna and Springer are beautiful bikes and a tremendous value at MSRP but most of us prefer a few more amenities and more comfort in our rides. We tend to tour a little farther than the local pub and demand a machine capable of extended rides, often two-up with loads of cargo on-board. Customer segmentation is an important part of modern day marketing and trust me, H-D knows who we are - we’re SEUC and SERK riders. They’re hoping some of us will want a second ride for crusin’ around town and that will be the Dyna or Springer.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 12:51:02 PM by ezrider4 »
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

[highlight]Customer segmentation is an important part of modern day marketing and trust me, H-D knows who we are - we’re SEUC and SERK riders. They’re hoping some of us will want a second ride for crusin’ around town and that will be the Dyna or Springer.[/highlight]

Ain't that the truth and a reality!

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »

From what I have seen from the dealers in the midwest, the SEUC's and the SERK's are sold before they come in, but the springers and dyna take a while to sell.  My local dealer has had a springer on the floor since October, and they have had a dyna on the floor for about a month now.

JMHO, but I think it is easier to justify the paying $30k for a touring bike than $25k for a cruiser.  If I were going to get myself a second bike for riding around town, I wouldn't buy a new CVO Dyna or Softail.  I could fix a standard model up with lots of mods and still spend thousands less.  And I don't need the extra horses for daily commute riding.

My 2 cents.

Ghost
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.