Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Bitubo Shock Upgrade  (Read 89456 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Bitubo Shock Upgrade
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »

Chief, you were clear, Howie is just excited about his new shocks!! ::) Howie, man after you get these on, you should have one kick a$$ RK!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

Chief, you were clear, Howie is just excited about his new shocks!! ::) Howie, man after you get these on, you should have one kick a$$ RK!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I was joking Chief! I know what you did with the hose! ;D

Thanks Talon, I sure hope so. That's what I set out to do! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »

And I still sit here on the west coast waiting for the brown truck to show up... :-[ :-[
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »

I found the problem with your shipment!!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »

I found the problem with your shipment!!

That's cruel.

:indian_chief:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »

Yes it is!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »

Ok, here we go. I coudn't go upstate for the exhaust change and final tuning due to the humidity. I thought I'd use the time to install the BiTibo's. Here's some shots of the install. Don't know about the hard bags, but with the leather bags on the SERK, the reservoir must face forward and on the bottom. As you'll see from the pics, I tried them facing rear first because they looked cooler that way. But I couldn't mount the bags. So I spun them around and everything fits fine. It comes with sleeves for the inside of the shock's eyelets so you don't crush the rubber bushings in the eyelets. There are thin sleeves and thick ones. The thick on goes on the frame side of the top eyelet and one thin one on the outside. The bottom gets 2 thin ones, both inside and outside. Hopefully you can see all this in the pic. My shocks are 1" taller than stock SERK, 13". To do it easily, you should have a bike jack and raise the bike off the ground, high enough to get a floor jack under the rear tire. This way you can move the swingarm easily up or down to line up the bolts with the holes easily! Now I have to adjust them, but at least they're on now. To hot and humid now. I'll adjust them later! ;)

Hoist! 8)

First ones are shocks mounted with the reservoir facing rear.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »

A little further back

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »

Closer from the rear slightly.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »

Then I tried the bag. I hadn't tightened the shock bolts yet as I suspected that if I had a choice of 2 ways to do it, I'd get it wrong the first time. Murphy's Law, ya know! ::)

Here it is behind the bag after I reversed it. You can see clearance now!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:45:25 PM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »

Same right side shock from the front top. You can see the thick sleeve on the top frame side. You can see there's clearance between the bag.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:45:00 PM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

You see there's plenty of clearance now. This is the right side, further back, the whole shock.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »

Left side.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »

Left side, a little closer.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2007, 02:43:56 PM »

Shot of the rear without the bags on.

These things are night and day different just sitting on it. Preload comes too stiff. Gotta loosen the spring and adjust compression and extension!

I'll let ya'll know what I think of them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:04:22 PM by Hoist »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.