Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Who Has A Trailer and Where? Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers!  (Read 38625 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Who all has a trailer for towing motorcycles and what city/area are you located in? If you don't mind sharing this info to possibly help someone if they break down on the road somewhere. We can keep the list updated here.

You can PM people before you leave for a trip, those who you see will be on your route, and get their number/contact info, before you leave. Or have another member's number with you, and have them contact the person from the list that's nearest to you, when you need help on the road.

*If members would update their location in their Member Profile, and put a "TRAILER" location pin on the MEMBER MAP too, that would be helpful when planning a trip, and when trying to find someone on the road. Modify your profile and set ICQ to 9999999 (thats (7) 9's).

MEMBER MAP is here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=googlemap

***REFER TO THE ATTACHED EXCEL SPREADSHEET BELOW FOR CURRENT TRAILER LIST!!!***

***PLEASE CONTINUE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS THREAD SO WE CAN KEEP THE LIST CURRENT AND ACCURATE. THANKS ALL!!!***

UPDATE 1/15/09:

Glenn prepared the Updated CVO Trailer List and it's attached here. The following is our overview of how we see this. I hope it's suits everyone OK.

Now hear this all you “Kings of The Roads”, CVO “Trailers for Sell or Rent” (no not actually), but it’s an old catchy song by Roger Miller from 1965.  All who have a trailer: “hear the call of the wild” from a traveling CVO’er,  also because you have the “mind set”, a warm heart’s desire or (even a cold one) that would like to volunteer for trailering motorcycles near a city/area where you are located.  You can do so by sharing some or all of the requested information on this trailer list in order to help someone if they break down on the road near your location.

Please consider sending (PM) your information to Howie or myself, (Ozzie) and we will include it on this CVO volunteer’s trailer list. You are not obligated to respond to a call for help, nor should you be treated as such by any CVO member. Your service support is only to be available if convenient, safe and able for you to do so at the time of another member’s call for assistance.  We strongly recommend members to have other methods of towing support services such as: AAA, HD, AMA, etc. for Emergency services contacts in order not to inconvenient and unfairly burden CVO members with trailer.
Print this out and carry it with you on a trip.

Please note Trailer Kings: If you are not comfortable posting your telephone number on this list, let us know and we’ll remove it. But its very important info if we expect the list to be helpful on the road. A person in need can use your provided screen name to PM you if you have it removed. Or contact Ozzie or Howie and we’ll try to track someone down for ya. Neither of these methods would be nearly as effective as having phone numbers with you however. Also you can have your name removed at anytime by sending a PM to Hoist or Ozzie.

Members with Trailers can also declare their trailer availability and location in their Member Profile by changing your location pin color on the Member Map using the (7) “9”s in the ICQ code field. This will change your pin to pink; indicating that you have a trailer for emergency use. This would be helpful to other CVO members when planning a trip or who is trying to find someone while on the road.

There are many options to consider and privacy concerns that affect everyone’s convenience and safety. A Vital Note of Respect for all who have volunteered to work and should be the intended spirit from those of us who call upon our fellow CVO support members. We should all be appreciative and considerate of each other’s valuable time and effort in time of need.

Hoist and Ozzie are happy to keep this volunteer trailer list updated for all who dare to help someone in your time of urgent request for assistance.

TIA Everyone!

Glenn and Howie

***Copy of CVOHarley Trailer Support Master List (Attached Here Below)***

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:30:56 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Who Has A Trailer and Where?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:46:32 AM »

That would only be helpful if they posted their cell phone numbers with it.  That's something I'd be leary of doing in an internet forum open to outsiders.  It's a great idea though.  BTW, I live just off I-90 on the way to sturgis for you but I don't have a trailer.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Who Has A Trailer and Where? Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »

REFER TO THE ATTACHED EXCEL SPREADSHEET IN POST #1 ( http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18220.msg291163#msg291163 ) FOR CURRENT TRAILER LIST!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS THREAD SO WE CAN KEEP THE LIST CURRENT AND ACCURATE. THANKS ALL!!!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:27:58 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:08:47 AM »

That would only be helpful if they posted their cell phone numbers with it.  That's something I'd be leary of doing in an internet forum open to outsiders.  It's a great idea though.  BTW, I live just off I-90 on the way to sturgis for you but I don't have a trailer.
Posting any specific information (address other then city, phone numbers, etc) are not advised. Not only because of "Guest" that can visit this forum internet search engines will gather this information also.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »

Posting any specific information (address other then city, phone numbers, etc) are not advised. Not only because of "Guest" that can visit this forum internet search engines will gather this information also.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Agreed. Only provide your name (or screen name) and city. We can get each other's info privately, as needed. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:54:45 PM by Hoist »

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »

:huepfenlol2:  OK, I will start, Andy, Medina, Ohio (just south of Cleveland). Have four bike enclosed trailer with 2 & 5/16 hitch ball.
Andy

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

:huepfenlol2:  OK, I will start, Andy, Medina, Ohio (just south of Cleveland). Have four bike enclosed trailer with 2 & 5/16 hitch ball.

Thanks Andy. It's that simple folks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:54:32 PM by Hoist »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »

I have a  :trailer: and would be more than happy to assist ("if needed") a member of the site.

However, an investment in AAA Plus RV may be wiser than the time spent looking up the members on the trailer list if you are going to make a trip of any length.  

While we do have members in a lot of places it would be just my sorry ass luck to breakdown in Bumf*^k Egypt.  At least AAA will get you off the road and to the nearest repair facility (or any friends house within 100 miles) for no charge.

Just a thought.

Put me down for the 150 miles from Seattle to the Canadian border.  Trailer currently set up for 2 bikes but within a couple months it will haul 6 with Condor or similar chocks.  (and I don't need editorial about the 6 thing pls) 24 foot Featherlite enclosed with 2 5/16
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:36:16 AM by Rjob749 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 09:44:44 AM »

Count me in too I am 3 hours south of Orlando and 1.5 hours north of Miami on the east coast.
Enclosed Haulmark low hauler edge with bike pros for 2 bikes. 2 5/16, elec brakes, twin axle 14ft torsion.
Email or PM

Miker

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »

Ok, don't everyone get their guns out ready to shoot me, and I only suggest this because Bill (WFP) mentioned how the service helped him out this year.

Indeed it is nice that members are willing to help each outher out w/trailers, but more then likely they would be trailering you to a dealership for repairs. There is a service provided by H.O.G. called Roadside Assistance that will provide towing to the closest dealership also. The basic package comes free w/your H.O.G. membership and only offers one tow per year, but there are other upgraded packages that will provide unlimited towing/year plus lodging reimbursement. Maybe if Bill will see this and let us know what package it was he had.

Disclaimer - This is NOT an endorsement for H.O.G. only an option. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:54:58 AM »

Ok, don't everyone get their guns out ready to shoot me, and I only suggest this because Bill (WFP) mentioned how the service helped him out this year.

Indeed it is nice that members are willing to help each outher out w/trailers, but more then likely they would be trailering you to a dealership for repairs. There is a service provided by H.O.G. called Roadside Assistance that will provide towing to the closest dealership also. The basic package comes free w/your H.O.G. membership and only offers one tow per year, but there are other upgraded packages that will provide unlimited towing/year plus lodging reimbursement. Maybe if Bill will see this and let us know what package it was he had.

Disclaimer - This is NOT an endorsement for H.O.G. only an option. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Standard Package (included with full and full life memberships)
Even though you may not realize it, as an active full or full life H.O.G. member, you're already covered by the H.O.G. Roadside Assistance Program for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The Standard Package is included with your H.O.G. membership at no extra charge. It's one of your most important benefits – and one we hope you'll never have to use. Active full and full life H.O.G. members may use the program once per year, with a maximum of $100 coverage for that occurrence. Road America offers telephone support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as well as various communication options for the hearing-impaired.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 09:55:23 AM »

For a minimal fee, MAXIMIZE the Roadside Assistance Program to suit your needs – by upgrading to one of the following options:

Deluxe Package (optional – only US $19.95* per year)
Greatly reduce your traveling worries with the optional Deluxe P ackage, which adds the following benefits for up to two Harley-Davidson motorcycles:

Unlimited towing to the nearest Harley-Davidson dealership. (Please note that Harley-Davidson dealerships are not open 24/7.) 

"Sign and ride" benefit (all covered towing/roadside assistance costs are covered in full) 

If you are a full or full life H.O.G. member and would like to upgrade to this increased benefit level, please contact Road America to enroll. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

Ultra Package (optional – only US $29.95* per year)
For even more peace of mind, the Ultra Package option provides the same benefits as the Deluxe Package, plus emergency travel expense reimbursement up to the $1,000 maximum. You may qualify for the travel expense reimbursement if any of the following occurs: your covered motorcycle is disabled as a result of a mechanical breakdown of a warrantycovered component (still under the original Limited Warranty or Extended Service Plan) and is 100 miles or more away from your residence; or your covered motorcycle is disabled as a result of a collision, is 100 miles or more away from your residence and repair is delayed overnight due to the unavailability of required parts. Ask for full details when you sign up with Road America. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.**.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 09:57:44 AM »

I guess this should be the CVO package, evidently they know about Hoist's bike, see disclaimer at the end.

ULTRA PLUS PACKAGE (OPTIONAL – ONLY $49.95* per year)
Receive all the same protection and services the Ultra Package provides for up to two of your Harley‑Davidson motorcycles; PLUS extend coverage to up to three additional 'Covered Vehicles' (automobiles and trucks up to 1½ tons) for your family. •
 towing of your 'Covered Vehicle' to the closest authorized service facility (up to 35 miles)

service provided to replace the flat tire with a spare tire located with the disabled vehicle

emergency supply of fuel, oil, fluid and water will be delivered if you are in immediate need - you must pay for fuel/fluid when delivered

if keys are locked inside of the 'Covered Vehicle,' assistance will be provided in gaining entry to the vehicle (cost of duplicate keys, parts, labor or delivery is not included)

if a battery failure occurs to a 'Covered Vehicle', assistance will be provided to either jump start the vehicle or tow the vehicle to the nearest authorized service facility (up to 35 miles)

extrication assistance

certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.**

** Emergency Travel Expense Reimbursement benefit is not available by law to residents of New York and Tennessee.

Available to HOG members at the HOG site https://members.hog.com/website/protect_your_ride/prot_roadside.jsp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:54 AM »

For a minimal fee, MAXIMIZE the Roadside Assistance Program to suit your needs – by upgrading to one of the following options:

Deluxe Package (optional – only US $19.95* per year)
Greatly reduce your traveling worries with the optional Deluxe P ackage, which adds the following benefits for up to two Harley-Davidson motorcycles:

Unlimited towing to the nearest Harley-Davidson dealership. (Please note that Harley-Davidson dealerships are not open 24/7.) 

"Sign and ride" benefit (all covered towing/roadside assistance costs are covered in full) 

If you are a full or full life H.O.G. member and would like to upgrade to this increased benefit level, please contact Road America to enroll. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.

The only reason that I joined national HOG.  Is there another reason? :nixweiss:

As far as the road service goes........I was sure happy to have it when I was in po dunk, Idaho last year, on my way home from Sturgis when my cam chain tensioners decided to take a dump.  Called the road service and they sent out a flat bed and hauled my bike about 80 miles to the closest dealership.  That would have been a hefty little tow bill, otherwise.  So I guess that $19.95 was money well spent.

Equally glad that I had the extended warranty on the bike! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 24 queries.