Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Jan 2009 Ride to Monterey, Ca..........  (Read 15656 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Jan 2009 Ride to Monterey, Ca..........
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

Terrie and I got up with intentions of doing a decent day ride today.  We left the house at 10:00 a.m. in 38F weather but very sunny.  We still weren't sure where we were going as we headed to the freeway.....we'd discussed several options.  By the time we got to the freeway we decided to head for Monterey Bay, where it was forecasted to be 70F today.

As we went over the pass by San Luis Resavoir going up over Pacheco Pass, I decided to stop by Corbin in Hollister to talk to somebody face to face to get a name and phone number for Spyder so that he can get that heated seat that he's been getting the run around on.  So when we got near Hollister we took the necessary turn and headed to Corbin.  Much to our surprise, Corbin was closed!.  I've never known it to be closed on a Sat. and I couldn't help but wonder.  As Terrie and I headed back to the hiway towards Monterey we discussed it and decided it must be due to the economy.....hitting the after market manufacturers also. :nixweiss:

As we came over Pacheco Pass it warmed up quickly and we had to stop and start shedding the heated gear.  Unusually, the closer we got to the ocean, the warmer it got.  Soon, we stopped in Sand City, Ca. where I finally shed the jacket and continued on in a long sleeve t-shirt.  This is where I again became conscious of how appreciative I am to live in this great state and wish I were rich enough to just fly Gary, Neal and others out here to be able to enjoy this with us. 

Here we are in Sand City as Terrie is shedding the heated gear and the layers......
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:43:02 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Jan 2009 Ride to Monterey, Ca..........
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »

someday i'll get out there. thanks for sharing your day with us
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »

Between the two fairings....Terrie sitting on the breakwall of Old Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey taking in the view.......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »

The hotels in the background are the hotels that now line the street for the two blocks of Cannery Row.  Cannery Row is where John Stienbeck wrote about and in the Grapes Of Wrath.......a historical area.  The tide pools always have interesting sea life (star fish and all kinds of little critters of the sea) that always attract a crowd.......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »

Side by side......in the parking lot out on the wharf......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »

And another view of the two......

(**this photo really shows the curve of the Windvest windshield that we put on both bikes a few weeks ago)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:11:28 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:13:48 PM »

She had to get one of me.  Just realized I'm gonna have to go on a diet when I turn 19! ;D

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »

Parked on the street at Cannery Row.  For those who've never been here.........a lot of people all over this country are familuar with Cannery Row, thanks to John Steinbeck but did you know it's only two blocks long.  You can see the cross over in the background, of one of the original canneries.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »

And looking the other direction.......you see the new four star hotels that have dominated the area now.....

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:05 PM »

Great pics thanks for sharing. :2vrolijk_21: Looks like a great day to be riding, and like Neal said I too hope to make it out there one day to ride w/you'll.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »

This photo was just as we returned to our bikes to find the meter-reader with his little electronic ticket machine in motion.  I saw what was going on and figured it was futile to say anything so I just went about the business of getting ready to go.  Terrie asked the guy "what's going on?" and he said curtly "red flag" as he continued working his machine.  She the said "so we're getting a ticket?" as she started to dig into her saddle bag.  He said "that yours?".  She said "yes".  He lowered the ticket machine to his side and said "feed the meter!".  It didn't take me a split second as I straightened up and started to take a step to towards the meter and she said "but we're leaving".  He said "I can finish writing before you leave?".  I finally spoke up "oh no, we're feeding that hungry little machine as I dig in my pocket to pull out a pocket full of pennies (thinkin "oh crap......no quarters").  I said how much do I feed?  He said drop a dime in it.  I thought "wow, you've got to be kidding me.......we're in the very high rent district tourist trap and they have ten cent parking meters.  I just laughed to myself as she asked the valet guy for change for a buck.  He didn't have it so she went in to the front desk.  The guy told her "the meter reader came in and asked if those bikes belonged to any of our guests".  I thought that was nice.  The guy talked very gruff but he really was very nice.  Gave us a play on the parking tickets and even tried to go find us.  We were happy.......it was a good day..........

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 10:31:29 PM »

And another of Terrie.  Her excitement about this SG hasn't worn off..........she still talks about it..........just about every hour. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 10:33:22 PM »

Terrie down on the beach........her search for sea shells......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »

It's my job just to follow her around and take picutures........ :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 10:36:17 PM »

The plates say it all, Terrie's and JC's!

It was a great day.......a great ride.......with a great lady! :2vrolijk_21:  We rode 398 miles and are looking forward to a ride tomorrow.

Terrie's getting really good.  She crankd it up over 100 mph a couple of times today and she's hanging with me in the sweepers, now.  She's finally found her comfort zone and is a pleasure to ride with.  I'm so lucky! :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:40:45 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 3.475 seconds with 25 queries.