Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Another New Member Introduction  (Read 3551 times)

jel66

Another New Member Introduction
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »

Thanks very much for the welcome!  The only bike presently owned is a new 2000 FXR4 in yellow.  This has unintentionally become one of those time capsule deals... it has never been dealer-serviced, registered, ridden, fueled or fired.  I helped remove it from the crate - even kept the Harley tiedowns.  No changes whatsover have been made - the only bolts ever turned were to remove the battery.  One (1) mile shows on the odometer - maybe a test of the electronics in the speedometer assembly??  An aviation protectant was sprayed into the cylinders while turning the engine, and a thin layer wiped onto chrome bits.  There was no actual plan for this to happen, just had some other stuff to ride at the time.  The bike is sitting in an enclosed trailer and an actual pic is hard to get, so the one posted is the stock Harley image.  It is not for sale... you might say this bike could be a good reference some day for restorations.  Of course, all of you have better stories with your trips and personalizations than my goofy one.  Safe riding to all!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Another New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:07 AM »

Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: That's quite the story on your FXR4.

BTW - Since this was your first post I split it off from the other thread so members could officially greet you.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »

Thanks very much for the welcome!  The only bike presently owned is a new 2000 FXR4 in yellow.  This has unintentionally become one of those time capsule deals... it has never been dealer-serviced, registered, ridden, fueled or fired.  I helped remove it from the crate - even kept the Harley tiedowns.  No changes whatsover have been made - the only bolts ever turned were to remove the battery.  One (1) mile shows on the odometer - maybe a test of the electronics in the speedometer assembly??  An aviation protectant was sprayed into the cylinders while turning the engine, and a thin layer wiped onto chrome bits.  There was no actual plan for this to happen, just had some other stuff to ride at the time.  The bike is sitting in an enclosed trailer and an actual pic is hard to get, so the one posted is the stock Harley image.  It is not for sale... you might say this bike could be a good reference some day for restorations.  Of course, all of you have better stories with your trips and personalizations than my goofy one.  Safe riding to all!!

Welcome aboard jel66! Interesting story on your Yellow4! Can't say that I could ever bring myself to owning such a great bike, and NEVER ride it! But at the same time, you'll have a new classic anytime you decide to roll her out into the world. I just hope it's not ONLY for investment purposes. That would be a shame that this thing got bought, and never appreciated! ;)

Go over to the FXR Section and say hi. The guys over there rarely venture out of that section, but I'm sure they'd love to hear more of this story. Enjoy this Great Site man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:24 AM »

Welcome to the site.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »

Welcome from Salem, Oregon! I don't think I would ever have the willpower (or desire) to just let the bike sit.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »

Cool story! Everybody has their reasons for doing what do with their stuff. Glad you found the site! Hope to see you on the road on something with two wheels!

Dyna mite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "07 FXDSE
    • CVO2: "11 FLHTCUSE 6
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »

Welcome to this great site from central Ohio  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
USMC 81-85 Combat Vet.Lebanon "83

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »

(...)  One (1) mile shows on the odometer - maybe a test of the electronics in the speedometer assembly?? 
(...)

Welcome to the site! Nice bike and only nine years old ;-). I bet it'll be a classic sometime. The mileage on the speedometer is easy to explain. When fully assembled the Moco tests most bikes, and they are run a short distance. To have the mileage at zero, the counter is typically installed at -1 or so. Of course it does not work out perfectly at all times. Nothing to worry about!  ;D :D ;D :D

Ride safely!
Louis
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:03:19 PM by Louis »

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

BOUBOU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »

Welcome from Brussels capital of Europe.

SE-Randy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

Welcome from Alabama. Be sure and check out the CVO National Gathering May 10-13 in Eureka Springs, AR.

Hope to see you there,

Randy
Don't worry about life...you'll never get out of it alive!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

Interesting story.  Welcome to the board from Nor Cal. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »

Holy crap! :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:  That would be neat to see!  I thought about buying a Blue 3 that hadn't been sold yet, but I knew I'd wanna ride the bike and then there goes the inherent value and uniqueness.  Still, having been in the car restoring and showing hobby for many years, I can certainly see how a low-production, "zero" mile, perfectly preserved piece of motorcycle history could be enjoyed and appreciated as such.

Welcome to the site! :beerchug:

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »

Good morning jel66

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the   :welcome_005: from FRANCE

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Willpower is right!... How do you resist the urge to ride that scooter without another bike around  :confused5:

elvislee

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »

First...Welcome to the site jel66  :2vrolijk_21:

Second....We have an Fxr board as Howie stated; come and see us and say hi  :2vrolijk_21:

Third....I BE FRIGGIN JELOUS MAN!... ;)... ;D

Great story and without a doubt a sure classic in the future if stays as is  :2vrolijk_21: Maybe...Just maybe...Like PLEASE get us some real pics of the real deal if ya can  :nixweiss: Seriously man; congrats and thanks for sharing with us...Best to ya  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.