Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Switched from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals  (Read 11206 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

As I have mentioned in the past, I have not been completely satisfied with my choice of exhaust, D&D Fat Cat with the Quiet Performance Baffle. I really missed the sound of my Rinehart True Duals. Besides, I still perfer the look of two pipes on a bagger. I'm also not going to clean a pipe that performs no function other than hanging there. JMHO.

I've been relucant to make the switch as I did not want to lose my bottom end torque or suffer with the famous RHTD dip. I also started looked into the BUB 7 True Duals. These also have a stepped header. Rineharts have three steps,  1 3/4" - 1 7/8" - 2". The BUB 7 have two, 1 3/4" - 2".

I was chatting with 04se103 (Greg) who informed me he is using the BUB 7 TD. He seemed satified with his results. I asked for a copy of his dyno sheet which he provided me. This sheet compared the BUB 7 TD, Rinehart TD and stock exhaust. I was impressed with his results. Thanks for sharing Greg!  :drink:

I talked with the guys at my shop. They had recently put a set of BUB 7 TD on a 96". No dip in the lower rpm on that size motor.

I purchased the BUB 7 and had em installed today. The mufflers can be mounted slant up or down. I really like the look of the slant going with the angle of the saddlebags. This is the only pics I have at this moment. They are not very good. I can post some more tomorrow if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:12:35 AM by Black Diamond »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Switched from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:12:00 AM by Black Diamond »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

After install and some dyno time I got the word. I lost 3 hp after 5250 rpm and gained 1 ft tq. However the torque comes on faster with the BUB 7 TD than with the Fat Cats and remains higher to around 4200 rpm. The green line is the Fat Cat and the blue line is the BUB 7. The results were from the same dyno but not the same day so the change is minimal either way.

However, I'm thrilled to have the look I want, with the sound I love without having to take a loss.

Also note, this dyno is very conservative. This same build with the Fat Cat showed 121 ft tq / 115 hp. I can never get those numbers here. However, I use this same dyno to attempt to compare apples to apples as much as I can control.

FWIW

JW

04se103

Jeff glad i could help out  :drink: looks good  :2vrolijk_21:
                                                               Greg

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

Jeff glad i could help out  :drink: looks good  :2vrolijk_21:
                                                               Greg

Thanks again, owe ya some beers!

Your right also in how the pipes sound. Lower and more throaty than the Rinehart's without the bark. They do not seem as loud and the RHTD when cruising either. I really like em!  ;D

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

Of course my scooter had to have her minute in todays good news. The odometer / trip meter decided to ghost on me as soon as we took Lexi into the dyno room. The electrical gremlin is reminding me, it is still around somewhere, just waiting.  :o  >:( Time for my third (or fourth) speedo!

JW

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Jeff, number 1, those pipes look fabulous your bike! :beerchug:  I love the "slash up" look.  When my SEEG was new, I ran a set of the old style, one-piece SE slip-ons that had the slash following the line of the bags.  I actually got a fair amount of negative comments about that look, but it always seemed right to me! :nixweiss: :2vrolijk_21:

Number 2, your talking about the RHTD infamous "dip" made me go back and look at my dyno run from earlier this year (as you know, also done at Gutterridge H-D).  Holy crap!  Take a look!  That area from 2,000 - 4,000 rpm is ridiculous compared to yours!  And on top if it, I can't believe those pipes make more TQ in that range than the much-ballyhooed for low-end torque D&Ds!  Sweet!!! :coolblue:

Thanks. >:(  You've managed to get me thinking about spending money. ;) ::) :P

Sorry to hear about the electrical gremlins still rearing their ugly heads, though.  Pretty bad when you've lost count of the number of speedos! :-\  Best of luck getting it straightened out, hopefully once and for all!

MKW

• Elite CVO Member

Black Diamond,

Looks great.  I'm interested in more pictures of both sides of the bike to see how the "overall" exhaust looks.  I am taking delivery of a FLHXSE in 40 days or so and am in the market for different exhaust.  Thanks in advance.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold

Pipes look great and the power difference is negligible

CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)

Hey Jeff,

How is the sound difference with the new pipes?  Louder, quieter?

Rich

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Switching from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »

Jeff, number 1, those pipes look fabulous your bike! :beerchug:  I love the "slash up" look.  When my SEEG was new, I ran a set of the old style, one-piece SE slip-ons that had the slash following the line of the bags.  I actually got a fair amount of negative comments about that look, but it always seemed right to me! :nixweiss: :2vrolijk_21:

Number 2, your talking about the RHTD infamous "dip" made me go back and look at my dyno run from earlier this year (as you know, also done at Gutterridge H-D).  Holy crap!  Take a look!  That area from 2,000 - 4,000 rpm is ridiculous compared to yours!  And on top if it, I can't believe those pipes make more TQ in that range than the much-ballyhooed for low-end torque D&Ds!  Sweet!!! :coolblue:

Thanks. >:(  You've managed to get me thinking about spending money. ;) ::) :P

Sorry to hear about the electrical gremlins still rearing their ugly heads, though.  Pretty bad when you've lost count of the number of speedos! :-\  Best of luck getting it straightened out, hopefully once and for all!

Hi Brian

I really like the slash up look. That was another thing about the FC's I did not like. No choice at that time, the slash ran down opposite the bags.

Maybe you could get a set of BUB 7 head pipes and use the RHTD mufflers? This site has cost me so much money, I just wanted to spread the love!  ;D

At the shop we actually just looked at each other with a "can you believe it" look once we discovered the speedo is acting up, again!

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »

Hey Jeff,

How is the sound difference with the new pipes?  Louder, quieter?

Rich

Hey Rich

The Fat Cats always sounded like glass packs on a small block to me. They always sounded better listening to them as an onlooker / in the group than when as the rider. I couldn't understand why they sound so good when someone else is riding her than when I'm on her.

The BUB's are very low, throaty. When you get on em, they stay low and throaty, no RHTD bark. Not knocking the bark, just is what it is and I do like the RHTD sound.

I think the BUB's are a little quieter than the Rinehart's. At cruising speed they are low and mellow. My neighbors will not mined em at all. However, when you get on em, it sounds like a Harley on steriods. JMHO. None of these pipes is quiet!

Pipes look great and the power difference is negligible

Thanks, I agree

Black Diamond,

Looks great.  I'm interested in more pictures of both sides of the bike to see how the "overall" exhaust looks.  I am taking delivery of a FLHXSE in 40 days or so and am in the market for different exhaust.  Thanks in advance.

I'll see if I can get that done today for ya!

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

MKW

The following pics as requested

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

#

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »

#
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.