Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project  (Read 189231 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project
« Reply #960 on: June 30, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »

When I put that near quarter size divot in my bag a few years ago I was a bit pissed. But, I have two sets of bags in the basement so not a big deal.

When I took the parts up to Toon Town for paint I gave him the divot bag to practice on.
That bag is back on the bike and the basement parts never came up.

I still have the big dent on the cowbell and that will stay until I finally pull the forks and send back for rebuild.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #961 on: June 30, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »

When I put that near quarter size divot in my bag a few years ago I was a bit pissed. But, I have two sets of bags in the basement so not a big deal.

When I took the parts up to Toon Town for paint I gave him the divot bag to practice on.
That bag is back on the bike and the basement parts never came up.

I still have the big dent on the cowbell and that will stay until I finally pull the forks and send back for rebuild.

During all the parts collection for the Road King spare painted parts weren't a likelihood.  I've got a set of side covers and when the bike was done had two right saddlebags.  But two of the brethren here had actual need of saddlebags to correct deficiencies of their on so I passed the good paint on forward to each of them.  So I'd never had a spare left bag anytime before needing one. 

No one locally wanted to touch a touch-up on the three colors and multi-stage paints on the candy brandy SERK short of $400 minimum.  It wasn't worth it to me when I could hide it (mostly) with touch up.  But now it's better.... 

I had tons of spare SEEG painted parts also.  Ended up moving all of it forward to guys with some need too.  Mostly before I sold the bike.  Still have a good pile of SERG parts though.  That stuff will hang around it for as long as it might serve a need.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #962 on: July 01, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »

Don

Nice to see her all spiffed up, she is a beauty.  Got the Glide Pro's in mine, really helped the problem.  Now to send the Ricor's in for a rebuild.

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #963 on: July 02, 2014, 02:36:24 AM »

Don

Nice to see her all spiffed up, she is a beauty.  Got the Glide Pro's in mine, really helped the problem.  Now to send the Ricor's in for a rebuild.

JW

Remember the old line from Saturday Night Live that it's "better to look good than to feel good?"  With a swinging ass end I think it's even better to ride good than to look good :2vrolijk_21: .

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #964 on: July 02, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »

Just imagine how cool it would look with those custom Croc/Ostrich/Scottish leather 103 Screamin Eagle logo bags and seat a certain good friend of yours has We put the bags on Beagle's red bomber and they go fabulous with the red. And the seat obviously fits since it's an RK Then you'd have less paint to worry about scratchin and a seat that is like riding on a cloud.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #965 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:08 AM »

Just imagine how cool it would look with those custom Croc/Ostrich/Scottish leather 103 Screamin Eagle logo bags and seat a certain good friend of yours has We put the bags on Beagle's red bomber and they go fabulous with the red. And the seat obviously fits since it's an RK Then you'd have less paint to worry about scratchin and a seat that is like riding on a cloud.

B B

Thought about that several times during construction Brian.  That's an awesome set of bags and seat.  This bike doesn't have the 103 but for something that looks that good this fact wouldn't necessarily stop me.  That was nice stuff.  After Elvis went through you then Mark Z I was always a bit disappointed seeing that bike remade and separated the way it was.  Everyone has their own tastes and take on a bike of course.  Mark kept it a very nice bike.  But the original Elvis was a special ride.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #966 on: July 03, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »

Thought about that several times during construction Brian.  That's an awesome set of bags and seat.  This bike doesn't have the 103 but for something that looks that good this fact wouldn't necessarily stop me.  That was nice stuff.  After Elvis went through you then Mark Z I was always a bit disappointed seeing that bike remade and separated the way it was.  Everyone has their own tastes and take on a bike of course.  Mark kept it a very nice bike.  But the original Elvis was a special ride.

Which is really what's stopped me from trying to clone it.
Mark had offered to contact me if he ever sold it but he got pissed with H-D in general and from what I was told dumped it for $12,500 in trade on a BMW. That's his perogative but I could not have written the check fast enough to buy it back at $12,500. Water over the dam I know but every time I've looked at another 03 SERK and ticked off in my mind every change that would have to be made to clone Elvis, I just haven't had the time, money and patience to deal with it. So the bag/seat set sits boxed up wrapped in bubble wrap, recently treated with Lexal, out of the sun and in a cool dry environment. I expect I'll take them out of the wrapping once a year and go over them with the Lexal. Someday when I'm like pushing 90, American Pickers MCMMXXIV will come along and buy them. There's only three or four people I'd sell them to now and everyone has passed.  I've tacked on a picture of me and CVO JOE and Elvis

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #967 on: July 03, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

I've thought about them more than once Brian.  Even to the point of calling Alligator Bob and asking what it cost to make a backrest to go along with the set.  The guy got a little snippy in saying that's not something he'd be interested in doing.  Once a set was done it was done and he didn't duplicate.  That I wasn't asking about duplicating but, instead, potentially adding to didn't seem to make any difference.  Oh well......

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #968 on: July 04, 2014, 07:47:58 AM »

I've thought about them more than once Brian.  Even to the point of calling Alligator Bob and asking what it cost to make a backrest to go along with the set.  The guy got a little snippy in saying that's not something he'd be interested in doing.  Once a set was done it was done and he didn't duplicate.  That I wasn't asking about duplicating but, instead, potentially adding to didn't seem to make any difference.  Oh well......

When I was "building" Elvis I called Alligator Bob and asked him the same question. He was a total and complete asshole. I can understand the man being true to his customers and not making a duplicate set for anyone but to deny the owner of an orginal set a seatback ?  That's just piss poor in my book. The man is a true artist.  Absolutely amazing what he does with the hide of almost anything, he is no ka oi as the Hawaiians say. But his customer skills SUCK huge and this isn't the first time I've said it. One of the things that led me to buy LD was the lack of a backrest on Elvis. Seriously, as dumb as that may sound, my back would not take more than 100 miles of riding with no support. And you know me, while I build em for show I also ride em. So I bought LD for a long miler and then got carried away with modifying it. (when haven't I ?) And then the burden of having two perfect bikes got to be a bit much with two kids in world class A level colleges and I sold E to Mark thinking that he'd tire of it in a couple years and I'd buy it back. Well, you know if you love something, hang onto it like your life depends on it. So anyway, long winded story here in support of your opinion of Alligator Bob as a customer relations guy. I should however add a caveat although since we're talking motorcycle bags and seats it is a bit of a stretch. I would not ask Borglum to alter Mount Rushmore nor DaVinci to  alter the Mona Lisa.  I guess Aligiator Bob sees his work as true art (it is marvelous) and as such, you take it as it was done originally and that's that.

B B
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:49:49 AM by Spiderman »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »

The Road King got a little upgrade today.  Bigger (slightly) brakes in the rear.  Took off the stock chrome caliper and installed a red Brembo caliper and 11.8" rotor from the newer bikes.  It's better not because it's bigger.  It's better because it's red  :apple: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

I sure understand the feeling of a scratch or ding, even if your the only one who knows it there.

Glad you able to get a good bag, at a fair price.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #972 on: August 01, 2015, 12:56:48 AM »

I sure understand the feeling of a scratch or ding, even if your the only one who knows it there.

Glad you able to get a good bag, at a fair price.

Have had those same thoughts more than once since scoring that bag.  Sometimes we just get a little lucky :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #973 on: September 26, 2015, 12:20:23 AM »

The Road King got a little love today.  Re-worked the saddle.  Always like the general look/shape of the solo I settled on.  The front to back placement was really good as was the up and down.  But it was uncomfortable.  Whomever made that saddle did it for some person with a itty bitty tiny round butt.  The seat pocket was small and surrounded by other saddle so the the hips, thighs and "the boys" all got some upward and uncomfortable pressure that didn't make it an all day saddle.

At BBBQ rally in Arkansas today got Master Lugos to rebuild the seat.  He resculpted the seat to my ass's tastes and added just a little foam.  It's not sofa soft like many might think they want.  It's still a firm saddle like I prefer.  But it's not rock hard either.  It's like Corbin level firm but down just a small notch from there.  And it's comfortable now.  That's the best part.

Of course while this artisan had the seat all apart I had him dress it out too.  I like this A LOT.   

Before it was just an all black solo saddle that didn't look bad on an otherwise nice bike.  But it didn't jump to catch your attention either.  Now it does its own part to help keep up with the rest of the bike:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #974 on: September 26, 2015, 12:22:16 AM »

Here can be seen why the saddle re-work kept the black band in the middle.  The bike has red and black leather on the spoons, footboards and the windshield bag.  So was maintaining the look.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 25 queries.