Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody here modified their stock baffles on a non bagger like a dyna  (Read 2816 times)

firedawg24

I keep reading about modifying stock baffles but they all seem to be referring to baggers. Does anybody have any experience with modifying or replacing there stock baffles on a non bagger, I have an 07 FXDSE and just looking at options. It seems there is a ton of success with the Fulsac option on baggers and I have yet to find a similar story for dynas or softtails.

Thanks for any replies.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Anybody here modified their stock baffles on a non bagger like a dyna
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »

Fullsac does Touring model mods, might contact Steve at Fullsac, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.fullsac.com/contactus.html

firedawg24

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

Fullsac does Touring model mods, might contact Steve at Fullsac, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.fullsac.com/contactus.html

Sorry for the vague question, I knew they did baggers. I guess what I meant was, is there a company out there that does what Fullsac does but to non-baggers?

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »

Sorry for the vague question, I knew they did baggers. I guess what I meant was, is there a company out there that does what Fullsac does but to non-baggers?

There maybe, Steve may know someone who does, still might check with him, he's also on this site "Fullsac Perf".

firedawg24

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »

I have emailed him through fullsac I'll wait a few days before I contact him on the site.

The Barrels

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »

Hi,

Not sure if they will fit the FXDSE but I'm currently running my 07 springer on baffles made by Dennis Corso and I'm pleased with the sound as well as the seat of the pants dyno...

I got the info from this thread: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=9860.0

I also have a set of Big City Thunder SE QQ baffles for softail but they are a little bit to loud for my taste (I'm only using these in special occasions). They fit in the stock system if you extend the tube about 1 1/2 inch since the SE slip ons are not the same as the stock CVO:s. Here is a link to their site: http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/screamin-eagle.html

It's very easy to switch between the different baffles including the stock ones which is very convenient for me since I have to pass the mandatory vehicle inspection every second year here in Sweden. Just make sure that you change the tamper proof screw to a non tamper proof one.

The Barrels 

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »

Firedawg24, My friend  has an 03 Dyna with SEII slipons. The baffles are easily removed. We took them out and drilled out each hole slightly larger. I believe it was an increase of only about 1/8th inch on each hole. The result was that he got the sound he was looking for. Deeper rumble and lost the barking sound that some of the SEII mufflers have. I did this to my 95 Heritage also and got the same result. I don't know about more power, but they sound a lot better for a little work and no money. Good luck. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

firedawg24

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:10:42 AM »

thanks for all your replies so far, Fullsac said sorry so I assume they dont make one for the dyna. I have emailed Corso and wait with baited breath for his reply. I am still loking at all my options so anymore replies will be much appreciated.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »

So you don't want to consider a set of slip-on's?

firedawg24

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »

So you don't want to consider a set of slip-on's?

I am eventually going to put on a full system so I am trying to spend as little as possible in the interim.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 06:52:04 PM »

I too am going to change pipes, air cleaner, and add a Tuner. I just don't want to rush it. I'm still trying to decide on the exhaust system. In the meantime, to keep my 2010 FLSTSE from sounding like a Pussy Sewing machine, I removed the baffles.....Too loud, Re-installed without wrap...too quiet. Pushed out the middle baffle flapper....still too quiet. Started drilling holes through the 'Honeycomb' looking thing on the engine side if baffle...too quiet. Finally drilled as many holes as possible, took a 1" bar and sledge hammer and knocked it out! Prpblem is now I like the way it sounds! Quiet at idle, but damn beefy going down the road. STILL SOUNDS LIKE A SEWING MACHINE!!!!
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »

I haven't modified my stock mufflers but got extremely good results from a D&D Fat Cat exhaust system along W/ a few other mods.-------------Well worth the money ! ( I had them try other exhausts but all others cost a lot of hp and/or tq according to the dealer dyno)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:54:09 PM by Tabatha »

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 06:36:46 AM »

I keep reading about modifying stock baffles but they all seem to be referring to baggers. Does anybody have any experience with modifying or replacing there stock baffles on a non bagger, I have an 07 FXDSE and just looking at options. It seems there is a ton of success with the Fulsac option on baggers and I have yet to find a similar story for dynas or softtails.

Thanks for any replies.

Check out bigcitythunder.com, They have a baffell called Thunder Monster, I have been running them for several years, Both on my Low Rider and now on my SE Road King. They are LOUD. Example Buddy of mine is running V&H Big Radius Pipes on his Dyna Wide Glide with the Monster Baffles his idles at 109db, I'm running V&H Big Shots with the TM"s mine idles at 107db, Stock HD are rated at 80db. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:45:04 AM by SERK3 »
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

rcodea

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »

has anyone else used the Dennis Corso baffles in the newer 110 CVO motors? i am curious to see how it would sound, particularly the volume level and hopefully a deep bass RUMBLE to them.

Specificly i am looking to use something like those in my stock CVO Fat Bob exhaust, with the cat gutted of course  :bananarock:

~Ryan

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.