Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: FXR3'S  (Read 16486 times)

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
Re: FXR3'S
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2003, 11:23:40 AM »

Thanks.   I'll see if I can make sense of this info sometime this weekend down at the shop.  If you've got a pic of your set-up without the bags (meaning, just the supports), that would be nice.  If you could circle where I'll need spacers, that would surely get you a gold star.  

FxXxR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2003, 03:02:50 PM »

The yellow arrow is pointing to the sidecover bolt that will need the spacers behind it.

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2003, 07:22:36 PM »

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

Thanks.

wileyking

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2003, 08:11:59 AM »

Hey just kinda stumbled across this site..so thought i"d chime in..Wife just got fxr3 this last march(blue) 239MILES 15K..already had forward controls..She has put on hooker 2-1 pipes..beautiful pipes(imho)and sound great.....ya need to check em out...went from 59.2 h.p to 63.7... from75.8 tq to78.5....It was dynoed wif very low miles so they were very very gentle with it...sure the numbers would be better when the motor is broken in....Wife has also added memphis shades windshield(blue) and pancea(sp) lights by Kuryakan..Ihad to quit riding it ..cause it made it alot harder to climb on my FLHRCI  

DOUG_in_PHX

• IgoLD
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 02:02:57 PM »

To the question "Are there any FXR3 owners here?" add a resounding YES!

Took possession of mine (blue) last Monday, and I am happy as a pig in mud. Have been thinking about an FXR for about 3 years, while I put a ton of miles on my '95 Sportster. Now I'll start riding the "III" and  do some fixup work on the XL to sell it.

I looked at a lot of 87-94 FXRs, but when I saw this one on the side of the road with a FS sign, I just had to have it.

It came with a Corbin seat, a 'Gambler" I think, and the stock 2-up seat. I put the stocker back on as soon as I got home. That Corbin is not for me. (But itmight be for you, it is a sleek looking seat. Drop me a line if you are interested in it) And, it has short drag bars which I will change out pretty soon. Thinking of putting the bars from my Sportster on it, and putting these drag bars on that; they are very comfortable for me, after 35,000 miles behind them... It also has Vance& Hines shorty pipes on it, which I probably will remove also. Too loud for me -- I'll most likely go for a 2-into-one for more power. Anyone have suggestions for what you've done re: pipes?

Other than that it is pretty much stock.  Id' post a picture, but it looks just like yours, if you're one of the other 287 folks who have a blue one <G>

DOUG in PHX

DOUG in PHX

IgoLD

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 05:17:36 PM »

Welcome Doug. I've got a V&H 2 into 1 pro pipe I've been satisfied with it. Had it on about a year and a half.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »

HeHe!!! Seems to be a whole bunch of em these days, and growing!!! Let's get all 64 BLUE3's here in the CVOHarley family!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

if anyone needs one of the above fxr3 or 4 brochures..i have a couple of each for sale.....originals....roger

Hey, Roger, still have any of the FXR3 brochures?!?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »

Hey, Roger, still have any of the FXR3 brochures?!?

Ditto! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

Another waiting list! ::) :huepfenlol2:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 12:38:09 AM »

ummmm, did you guys notice the date he posted he had some of those brochures....ummmm it goes back to 2003....

You guys are crackin me up......

:pepper:

Regards,

Tim

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »

Yep, that's why I said "still." :nixweiss: :2vrolijk_21:

SGW

• Whip's 99 FXR3,@ OHIO
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

Greeting's Brothers Of The Blue Flame 99 FXR3 ! Here in Canton,Ohio I thought that I was the only FXR3 Blue Flame rider,and yep,Iam. Glad to have found this web site by a friend from down south. I was not aware that there was onlt 64 made,I thought it was 900. Glad to hear that though. I love the new Mustang seat I got on it now. I am saving everything that is replaced with aftermarket. That is limited too,so far the seat and snap on windsheild,and Metzger rear tire (NICE! and big as I could get to fit ). 5,525 miles on her so far.
Whip

RedFXR2

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »

SGW, welcome to the FXR board.  Always glad to see another FXR guy.  :2vrolijk_21:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2009, 01:18:06 AM »

SGW....

Welcome to CVO Harley and the FXR Section....I hope you find it interesting here....and helpful as well......be sure to introduce yourself over at the FXR CHATTER Thread here in the FXR Section......

Regards,

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 25 queries.