Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 07 Hawg Wired With Detach TP - But First ???  (Read 10035 times)

Rhino

07 Hawg Wired With Detach TP - But First ???
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:11:38 PM »

Hey,
Sitting on the computer dreaming up morre stuff to accumulate while waiting for the CUSE2 to arrive... So wondering if anyone with an 07 CUSE has made the leap yet to the full blown system upgrade to the 4 channel...AND made a detachable tourpack with it?

My motivation seems to be that detachable TP for local rides.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: 07 Hawg Wired With Detach TP - But First ???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:06:49 PM »

What have you acquired or plan to so far? I'm 23 days from the ship date of my B/O and I already have them doing the inner primary and dash mount oil temp. AJ

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:09:45 PM »

Your '07 can be made detatchable just like any other Glide with a tourpak would be, nothing special except the Amp.  And I'd do the Hawg Wired System (cause it eliminates that amp), looks to really be a nice setup.  But we need to push em to come out with a 5th channel for subs in the Lowers GloveBoxes.  Now that would be the way to go.  There is already a SubOut on the main Amp, it just needs to be utilized, along with the new glovebox speaker mounts for the biggest subs that'll fit.  No matter what you replace the stock speaker locations with, they'll always suffer in the bass arena, 5.25" just ain't much woofer.....some dedicated subwoofers in the gloveboxes would really make it sound ALOT better.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:24:12 PM »

Your '07 can be made detatchable just like any other Glide with a tourpak would be, nothing special except the Amp.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:29:33 PM »

Rhino;

In my (biased) opinion as a Hawg-Wired dealer I say "F" go for it and don't look back!  
The HK system is pretty good however and you may be happy with it. What you will gain with the HW system is more volume and much much clearer sound at the higher volumes.

Check out this thread. Its an 06 but all parts are the same for your 07.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1154277483

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »

You can do the 5th channel now! 75 watt add on amps are available for the 2 channel expandable kit and the 4 channel kits.

What about the speaker mounts for the Lowers GloveBoxes??  And do they know of or have a set of SubWoofers to go in there??  I'm gonna start puttin my pennies in a jar I guess. ;) Just bought a truck, so I can't do it now, but if this setup will fly look for me in the March/April time frame.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:35 AM »

What about the speaker mounts for the Lowers GloveBoxes??

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »

The production speaker mounts for the lowers will be out very soon. They will hold any 5.25" speaker. The CX series speakers could be used as the sub.

Something a litte bigger and dedicated sub would be better.  I know they make 6" subs and 8" subs, dont' know what'll fit in the glovebox though.  If it has to be modified a little picking up a spare set of boxes might be a good idea, and ain't very expensive.  I definately be looking to upgrade the system come spring time.  Once the Christmas and new truck damage has been corrected.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 06:32:26 PM »

The production speaker mounts for the lowers will be out very soon. They will hold any 5.25" speaker. The CX series speakers could be used as the sub.

Sorry Dude, I didn't realize the CX were component speakers....yeah they would do the job pretty good.  Any chance they can be seperated from the tweeters and crossovers??

Rhino

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:58 PM »

What have you acquired or plan to so far? I'm 23 days from the ship date of my B/O and I already have them doing the inner primary and dash mount oil temp. AJ

I am gonna wait untill I actually take delivery and do 1k before any changes. I already have Zippers stuff which is a for sure mod.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 10:09:09 PM »

.....  Considering the chrome primary but not made up my mind.......  For some reason I thought the oil temp was on the dash, or was that air temp. If so, I don't need no stinkin air temp thing. Gimme something important ;D
If you do decide to go w/chrome inner primary it would be a good time to do the Chrome Starter also (you can save a few pennies on labor because the starter will be off to install inner primary). Along w/that make sure you read up on this thread - Spun Aluminum Oil Temp Gaugue (which I'm sure you already have since  w/o a scooter you've got lots of time to read stuff here and find ways to spend your money ;D) it shows better way to install.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:10 PM »

Sorry Dude, I didn't realize the CX were component speakers....yeah they would do the job pretty good.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:51:43 PM by hd-dude »

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »

hd dude.

just sent you a pm
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 10:15:57 AM »

If you do decide to go w/chrome inner primary it would be a good time to do the Chrome Starter also (you can save a few pennies on labor because the starter will be off to install inner primary). Along w/that make sure you read up on this thread - Spun Aluminum Oil Temp Gaugue (which I'm sure you already have since

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »

Yep, you can remove the tweeter and not use the x-over. The tweeter will never go back on though [smiley=oops.gif]

To be honest the Big Bass is only for garage listening anyway. When your in the wind the way that the lower frequencies travel you really can't hear them much anyway. What I have found with mine is that when the cx's are thumpin' in the lowers I from time to time forget and wonder what is that vibration i'm feeling [smiley=confused5.gif], then quickly realise its the tunes ;D

I was talkin bout seperating before delivery, and dropping the price a little.....  ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.