Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: TTS harley tuner  (Read 46889 times)

grahn1967

• FL

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
TTS harley tuner
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »

Guys
All,found this on HD forum from a guy named Steve Cole;
I just want to say thanks for all being excited but this is a product from a whole team of people at TTS Inc. We want it to be right prior to the public release. Beta test units will be shipped out later next week to some testers and we will see what they come up with. We've tested on just about every brand PC out there but you know there is alway some combination that comes along and bites you in the ass, so were just trying to cover as much as we can upfront. The first release will be upgrades for mainly O2 equipped bikes and a few tuning upgrades for all bikes. Later releases will include more upgrades for older non O2 bikes. All software upgrades for the product will be placed on the web site so any of you with units will be getting the upgrades as they come out for free. All the product will be for an end user to work with but a dyno does make it easier.
Thundermax ECM, Darkhorse Crank and rods, R & R Heads,D & D Fat cat,Feuling oil pump and camplate,S & S Gear drive,S & S 585 easy start, Progressive front and rear,WO577 CHUBBY, Hogtunes all over.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: TTS harley tuner
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:58:44 PM »

O.K.. I give,, what is the product

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »

O.K.. I give,, what is the product

So far it's called V-Tuner, MasterTune.   TTS is the company that made the previous SERT's for the MoCo.  HD went to Kent-Moore for the new Super Tuner so now TTS will be putting out their own product.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:44 AM »

hello grahn, i had heard something like this was in the mix and I'm very intrested. please pm me when it's available.  axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

grahn1967

• FL

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »

Axil,                                                                                                                  TTS's website is ,mastertune.net or Call TTS at 310-669-8101 to order your cable or software key today.KG
Thundermax ECM, Darkhorse Crank and rods, R & R Heads,D & D Fat cat,Feuling oil pump and camplate,S & S Gear drive,S & S 585 easy start, Progressive front and rear,WO577 CHUBBY, Hogtunes all over.

skidly

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »

could you tell us more about the closed loop auto tune

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »

Closed Loop Auto tune can be done on the dyno to make it quicker to tune or on the street with a laptop logging the data. You will need to use one of our new maps and set it up for auto tuneing then program the bike.. Use the V-tune data log feature in Data Master to log the data while you go for a ride. Try to run the motor in as many different conditions as you can by using different gears and riding the brake some to load it down. Save the logged data and then open the new V-tune program. It will have you load the . MT7 file you programmed into the bike and then load the data you collected in DataMaster. From that it will automatically create a new corrected map for you and show you the changes its making. Save the file then use MasterTune to program the new file into the bike again. Each time you log data and run V-tune on the data it will correct the map closer and closer for you until it's right where it needs to be. We find it takes 2 full runs on the dyno to bring the map right in where it needs to be. Once the V-tune data is done all that is left is the WOT runs to tune for full power. Everything is explained in detail in the on-line help files in both MasterTune and DataMaster so we tell you to start by sitting down and reading the help files and were here to answer an questions we can after that.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

TickTock

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »

The autotune sounds interesting.  Can you post the link to the on-line documentation?

I also have other questions, if you have a moment to answer it would be much appreciated.

1.) What is the upgrade price.
2.) I thought that the only effective method of getting correct values was through the use of wide band 02 sensors. Can you elaborate on how this works?
3.) If you have a tuned .mt6 file and you want to upgrade it to the new .mt7 file to use with autotune - what is the procedure.
4.) As the autotune feature learns and applies corrections to closed loop, is there any algorhythm that will apply something to the open loop areas?
5.) If the adaptive fuel table has the ability to make fuel adjustments and store them in a different set of tables and given that the new tuner can download a calibration from the ECM, why couldnt the autotune feature take advantage of what the bike has learned over time and apply the corrections from that table instead of needing datalogging to take place via a laptop?

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »

The autotune sounds interesting.  Can you post the link to the on-line documentation?

I also have other questions, if you have a moment to answer it would be much appreciated.

There is no link it's included with the product online.

1.) What is the upgrade price.

I do not have that information yet. I do not expect to have a price for an upgrade until we begin shipping product as all efforts are on getting production running smoothly.

2.) I thought that the only effective method of getting correct values was through the use of wide band 02 sensors. Can you elaborate on how this works?

No, let's just say we've got a few tricks up our sleeve.

3.) If you have a tuned .mt6 file and you want to upgrade it to the new .mt7 file to use with autotune - what is the procedure.

Open software and load your file, Open the software a second window and load the new .MT7 file and cut and paste.

4.) As the autotune feature learns and applies corrections to closed loop, is there any algorhythm that will apply something to the open loop areas?

You set the map to be closed loop everywhere only during testing and you can get 90 % of what is needed. All you will be missing is Decel and WOT.

5.) If the adaptive fuel table has the ability to make fuel adjustments and store them in a different set of tables and given that the new tuner can download a calibration from the ECM, why couldnt the autotune feature take advantage of what the bike has learned over time and apply the corrections from that table instead of needing datalogging to take place via a laptop?

No this cannot be done as the stock code storage is too coarse of an adjustment.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:00:18 PM by Steve Cole »

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

Steve is this for the Super SERT? I would love to have a better base map to do this and the software I have has delphi files. Do I need to download an upgrade?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »

Sorry but No. It gets confusing since HD has tried to keep the same name as our product we used to supply to them. We are the designers and owners of the original SERT, the Super Tuner was and is done by SPX/KentMoore

TickTock

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply Steve.  I just want to clarify - Will the autotune feature work with 07?  If so, what are the base differences in what you can and cannot do (feature loss) between the 08 and the 07 setups.

Thanks again.  I really appreciate your prompt replies and attention.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

Sorry but No. It gets confusing since HD has tried to keep the same name as our product we used to supply to them. We are the designers and owners of the original SERT, the Super Tuner was and is done by SPX/KentMoore
Steve,
You have a PM click on "My Messages" at top of screen (see picture below).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

At this point I have been asked by the Admin Team to stop posting about our upcoming product and as you can see post have been removed. If and when we are allowed to I will try and keep you updated.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

At this point I have been asked by the Admin Team to stop posting about our upcoming product and as you can see post have been removed. If and when we are allowed to I will try and keep you updated.
In order to keep the members informed and keep undue speculation down. We are in the process of working out something with Steve and his product that will fall in line with what we require of all vendors that promote their products on this site (=/> 10% discount to members). Hopefully we (Owner/Admin Team) will be able to work out an agreement that we all can live with.

Until such time Steve we appreciate you respecting our wishes.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »

Hello all,  I'm Doc, one of the Beta Testers and Dealer for Steve Cole's TTS V-Tuner. Steve contacted me this morning to see if I would be intrested in giving you all the required 10% discount you get for being a forum member. I inturn contacted the Forum Administrator this afternoon to see what we could set up to get you the product and of course get me the payment...lol. Anyway I'm waiting on a reply from your F.A. as of now.
Doc

HDMD Tuning Center
EFI Tuning Training
hdmd88@yahoo.com
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

Doc, i got your message. just let us know how you would like us to contact you to order with the discount and I'll post the instructions in our vendor discount board
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

skidly

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »

Steve,
    I have a 2008 FLHX, 96ci, SE AC, Bub7 slip-ons, stock head pipes with a stage 1 download from Harley. I'm installing Bub cross dresser tru dual headpipes.   With the TTS V-tuner would I be able to download the map that is in my ECM now, and install tru- dual headpipes, run data logger and tweak my map with auto tune program?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »

Steve,
    I have a 2008 FLHX, 96ci, SE AC, Bub7 slip-ons, stock head pipes with a stage 1 download from Harley. I'm installing Bub cross dresser tru dual headpipes.   With the TTS V-tuner would I be able to download the map that is in my ECM now, and install tru- dual headpipes, run data logger and tweak my map with auto tune program?

Skidly,

You can not pull the current map from your ECM. Sucks, but true. You'll need to start with a canned map and tweak from there. Sorry.

:indian_chief:

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »

Skidly,

You can not pull the current map from your ECM. Sucks, but true. You'll need to start with a canned map and tweak from there. Sorry.

I believe your tuner cann give you the current map on a memory stick for transfer.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

I believe your tuner cann give you the current map on a memory stick for transfer.

Only if you get it from them when they tune the bike, or afterwards if they can find your file on their computer. The file comes from the computer, not the ECM. There just isn't any way to pull the current map from the ECM like you can pull the Power Commander map from the PC on the bike.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »

Only if you get it from them when they tune the bike, or afterwards if they can find your file on their computer. The file comes from the computer, not the ECM. There just isn't any way to pull the current map from the ECM like you can pull the Power Commander map from the PC on the bike.

That is my understanding...from the computer used for your tune. I would hope they save the maps by customer name.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

That is my understanding...from the computer used for your tune. I would hope they save the maps by customer name.

But, that would make sense. ;)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »

Skidly,

With the New TTS V-Tuner you CAN retrieve and restore the map that is in your ECM before a canned map is installed. However you can not make any changes to the retrieved map....it only stores it as a MTE file to be restored at your will.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

But, that would make sense. ;)

I'm in the same boat with Skidly...  I want to mess with my SERT, but am afraid to lose what I know works!

I have a map from the maps section here, but man - I am hesitant to load it.  I have NO idea who did the tune when my dad owned it.

Sean

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »

With the New TTS V-Tuner you CAN retrieve and restore the map that is in your ECM before a canned map is installed. However you can not make any changes to the retrieved map....it only stores it as a MTE file to be restored at your will.

Doc, that's awesome news to have a safety net. Kudos to Steve for implementing that. Can you see the map so that you can manually put it into a new map to use going forward, or is it a black box restore?

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »

Doc, that's awesome news to have a safety net. Kudos to Steve for implementing that. Can you see the map so that you can manually put it into a new map to use going forward, or is it a black box restore?

The map stores on your computer as a MTE file, you can use the net or something else that will open it and view the file BUT no changes can be done. I'm not sure if a copy/paste can't be done because I never opened one yet ....I have however stored several stock maps before a tune was done with the TTS Tuner. The Store/Restore feature does not marry to the bike so it can be used on several bikes at will....ie...you can use the key (dongle) on any bike without danger of it locking to the ECM, Data Master can be used in the same manner.
Yes Steve went all out for us this time.....there is even a Speedo recalibration in the TTS Tuner that allows you to change gearing or tire profile without throwing off your speedo reading.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Sean M Cary

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 09:55:54 AM »

Doc, what about folks like me who have a SERT?  Will the upgrade path allow this capability as well??

Thanks

Sean

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 10:04:40 AM »

hey doc!! i bet you are wearing a floral print shirt and bermuda shorts??? eating a fruit breakfast?

thats right, these alabama rednecks have ESPn.

glad to see ya here.
dennis

oh you got PM

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »

Doc, what about folks like me who have a SERT?  Will the upgrade path allow this capability as well??

Thanks

Sean
Sean
Yes it's my understanding it will up grade evrything just as if it where a V-Tune unit ...BUT... it will still be locked to the existing bike (ECM) from which it came.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »

hey doc!! i bet you are wearing a floral print shirt and bermuda shorts??? eating a fruit breakfast?

thats right, these alabama rednecks have ESPn.

glad to see ya here.
dennis

oh you got PM

Yes Dennis you hit it.... but I'm doing that out by the pool.  Good to see you too!
Doc's Performance Tuning

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »

Back to the O2 sensors, from what I can gather here, you must be tricking the narrow band sensors, changing the voltage values to do other than what they normally do, because they usually work in the 14.7:1 range. Does this work as well as changing to a wide band sensor? I have a friend with an 07 looking to step up his ECU, and do some mods, this might be what he's looking for if it works well.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »

Back to the O2 sensors, from what I can gather here, you must be tricking the narrow band sensors, changing the voltage values to do other than what they normally do, because they usually work in the 14.7:1 range. Does this work as well as changing to a wide band sensor? I have a friend with an 07 looking to step up his ECU, and do some mods, this might be what he's looking for if it works well.
Well, believe me when I say there is no other tuner that will out perform the New TTS V-Tuner as far as the depth it will reach into the ECM for a perfect tune.
There are three types of 02 sensors, #1 wide band, #2 narrow band,#3 and a narrow band switching device. Harley uses the Switching device sensor that sends out a voltage that is programed to a AFR in the ECM. The Narrow Band Switching Device 02 sensor works in a range +/-.5, ie it works between 15.0:1 to 14.0:1 AFR. The advantages to the Narrow Band 02 sensor is that it toggles very fast in it's range so it's able to stay on the AFR requested target AFR much better and longer than the Wide Band sensor can do. The Closed Loop Bias Voltage Table can be set to a higher voltage that actually makes the AFR richer in the closed loop area, for an example: a voltage of .450 would be 14.7 to 14.6:1....a voltage of .550 will have a AFR of 14.5:1, a voltage 0f .650 might be close to 14.4, a voltage of .798 wil get you about 14.2:1.
   The TTS Tuner is not a plug and play unit like the TMAX ECM is ,you still have to take data with the TTS unit and use that data to synchronize the VE tables. Once the VE tables are done and the requested AFR is set in the Fuel Table the tuning is complete unless you change the configuration of your build again. The TMAX is consistently searching every time you ride it, to me this is unnecessary but with a plug and play self learn system this is what happens.
The V-Tune program will be a lot easier for you guys to find the correct VE settings for your riding styles as you collect the data as you ride....once the VE table cells have learned (where you ride) you will down load them into the V-Tuner program where they will generate a Master Tune file for you to enter into the ECM. If this V-Tuner Program is used on the Dyno under a load control more VE cells will collect data for a better and more complete tune, so a dyno isn't eliminated with this New Tuner....it will cut the tuning time in half which is a good thing plus it will allow the ''not so good tuner " to do a good job....lol.
Hope that answered your question
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:52:15 PM by Doc 1 »
Doc's Performance Tuning

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »

http://www.mastertune.net/
The TTS new web sit on the Master Tune Harley Tuner
Doc's Performance Tuning

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2008, 12:26:37 AM »

Doc,

2 things:

1) Is there a release date yet for the new product that you can give us I know quite a few are chomping at the bit to order them from you.  Are you taking early orders or have a list for when they start to be shipped?

2) Please let Steve know there is a bad typo on the ordering page for "single bike with cables" it says
Sign Motorcycle with Communication Cables

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »

Doc,

2 things:

1) Is there a release date yet for the new product that you can give us I know quite a few are chomping at the bit to order them from you.  Are you taking early orders or have a list for when they start to be shipped?

2) Please let Steve know there is a bad typo on the ordering page for "single bike with cables" it says

Yea I seen that type o too.
I understand they will be shipped out the 30th of July..(next Wendesday) I have and I am taking orders now so give me a call or email me with what you want now...and remember payment is with Check or Money Order....no Pay Pal or credit cards, sorry.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »

Doc,
I am one of those guys that is going to have to wait in the wings until Steve can do the upgrades on existing dongols, I have 4 of them ready to be upgraded though :) 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »

We have received a few phone calls about the cables on the market so I thought I would clear them up here.
The cables that came with a SERT tuner kit or the cables that were sold separately (32108-06) for the SERT work perfectly with our new product.

The new SEST cable kit(32184-08) can be used but you will need to get a serial port cable from Office depot, Staples or any other office supply store. The cable that goes from the interface to the bike is the same in both kits.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

Well, believe me when I say there is no other tuner that will out perform the New TTS V-Tuner as far as the depth it will reach into the ECM for a perfect tune.
There are three types of 02 sensors, #1 wide band, #2 narrow band,#3 and a narrow band switching device. Harley uses the Switching device sensor that sends out a voltage that is programed to a AFR in the ECM. The Narrow Band Switching Device 02 sensor works in a range +/-.5, ie it works between 15.0:1 to 14.0:1 AFR. The advantages to the Narrow Band 02 sensor is that it toggles very fast in it's range so it's able to stay on the AFR requested target AFR much better and longer than the Wide Band sensor can do. The Closed Loop Bias Voltage Table can be set to a higher voltage that actually makes the AFR richer in the closed loop area, for an example: a voltage of .450 would be 14.7 to 14.6:1....a voltage of .550 will have a AFR of 14.5:1, a voltage 0f .650 might be close to 14.4, a voltage of .798 wil get you about 14.2:1.
   The TTS Tuner is not a plug and play unit like the TMAX ECM is ,you still have to take data with the TTS unit and use that data to synchronize the VE tables. Once the VE tables are done and the requested AFR is set in the Fuel Table the tuning is complete unless you change the configuration of your build again. The TMAX is consistently searching every time you ride it, to me this is unnecessary but with a plug and play self learn system this is what happens.
The V-Tune program will be a lot easier for you guys to find the correct VE settings for your riding styles as you collect the data as you ride....once the VE table cells have learned (where you ride) you will down load them into the V-Tuner program where they will generate a Master Tune file for you to enter into the ECM. If this V-Tuner Program is used on the Dyno under a load control more VE cells will collect data for a better and more complete tune, so a dyno isn't eliminated with this New Tuner....it will cut the tuning time in half which is a good thing plus it will allow the ''not so good tuner " to do a good job....lol.
Hope that answered your question

Hey Doc,

I unserstand the narrow band o2 sensor voltage range only provides an AFR of 14.0:1 - 15.0:1, then how would the narrow band sensor stay in a selected AFR of 13.5:1 since this would be out of the o2 sensor voltage range? I understand you can set the ECM to the desired AFR but cant see how the narrow band 02 sensor is going to provide accurate AFR data to the data recording side of the software, Data Tune.

UNLESS
When you set your fuel tables to maintain a 13.5:1 AFR in given cells then the ECM is going to that based on the voltage it it see's at the 02 sensors when you set the fuel tables... Is this what i should be understadning.. ???????

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »

When you use V-tune to auto tune the closed loop bikes you are tuning with all the AFR values set to 14.6 which is where the O2 sensors work best. If you change the O2 bias value then you can let the system tune a range from 14.2 - 14.8 range. So let's assume for a moment you have set the AFR to 14.6 and the O2 bias values to 450mv. That would make the bike run about 14.68 AFR. Vtune will now correct the VE values so they are correct for the engine to get to that AFR. Once the VE values are set they do not need to be changed again. So since you have got the ve values correct the calculation for AFR is now correct. Now you dial the AF table to the values you want and that is what you will get out the tale pipe. Now if you set the O2 bias values to something other than 450mv your AFR will have an offset from the 14.6 value. So lets say you set the O2 bias to 650 everywhere, the tail pipe AFR will be about 14.3. Since you have the AFR table set to 14.6 you have put an offset of .3 into the system, no big deal. So if you change the cells in the AFR table after Vtune is complete you need to remember to subtrace the offset you put into the system. 14.3 table value - .3 offset gives you a true tail pipe of 14.0  All you need to do is adjust the AFR table to what you want and your done. Same goes for the PE AFR as well.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »

When you use V-tune to auto tune the closed loop bikes you are tuning with all the AFR values set to 14.6 which is where the O2 sensors work best. If you change the O2 bias value then you can let the system tune a range from 14.2 - 14.8 range. So let's assume for a moment you have set the AFR to 14.6 and the O2 bias values to 450mv. That would make the bike run about 14.68 AFR. Vtune will now correct the VE values so they are correct for the engine to get to that AFR. Once the VE values are set they do not need to be changed again. So since you have got the ve values correct the calculation for AFR is now correct. Now you dial the AF table to the values you want and that is what you will get out the tale pipe. Now if you set the O2 bias values to something other than 450mv your AFR will have an offset from the 14.6 value. So lets say you set the O2 bias to 650 everywhere, the tail pipe AFR will be about 14.3. Since you have the AFR table set to 14.6 you have put an offset of .3 into the system, no big deal. So if you change the cells in the AFR table after Vtune is complete you need to remember to subtrace the offset you put into the system. 14.3 table value - .3 offset gives you a true tail pipe of 14.0  All you need to do is adjust the AFR table to what you want and your done. Same goes for the PE AFR as well.

your speaking a lot of rocket science here and i will need to do some reading to understand your theory of operation how and why this works. I'm still not comfortable if i can set my AFR's to 13.5 and have V-Tune maintain that AFR with the Narrow Band sensors. On my 2008 Ultra, I'm currently using the SERT with DTT Twin Scan and wide band sensors and extremely comfortable setting up the AF tables based on the Twin Scan data. I assume i can continue to use the wide bands and this process if i choose with TTS? Just wanting to know if i can do this so i have something i feel comfortable with until i fully understand your program. I sent my check to Doc and he should get this by Friday. In the meantime can you PM me your manual so i can get  a head start on studying your package and operation. I wish i was about 1400 miles closer to Doc. After speaking with him today I think i would be hard pressed to find a tuner with his talent in the Sacramento area. I've had better luck doing the tuning on my own then throwing my money away to the folks I've ran into so far. I look forward to you package and cant wait to play. 

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »

Steve, you said "Now if you set the O2 bias values to something other than 450mv".

question: how many Mv can we alter? uh, what range in mv is used to adjust 02 bias? am at a loss of words here, so can we adjust from 0 mv to 1 volt for example, or is the range much narrower---300mv-750mv for example.

if that made any sense at all, thanks , i can do the math. lol

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »

Steve, you said "Now if you set the O2 bias values to something other than 450mv".

question: how many Mv can we alter? uh, what range in mv is used to adjust 02 bias? am at a loss of words here, so can we adjust from 0 mv to 1 volt for example, or is the range much narrower---300mv-750mv for example.

if that made any sense at all, thanks , i can do the math. lol

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »

To start with the O2 bias table or tables depending on which bike you have can be adjusted in our software to a larger range than you should use. That said a switching sensor will work from about 400 mv - 650mv range. This will get you a 14.8 - 14.2 AFR range. Let's forget the Air Fuel ratio value of 14.6 and just think of that value turns the Closed loop system on. So you set AFR to 14.6 (closed loop on) and then set O2 bias to 450 mv. This tells the system you want a Air fuel ratio of about 14.68. So now you adjust the VE values to get you there. Once completed the VE values are set. Now you change the O2 bias value to 650 mv with the Air Fuel Ratio table still at 14.6 (closed loop on) you will need to reset the VE values to move the mixture to the new setting and you will end up with about 14.3 being you new ratio. Maybe this explains it better.

The AFR table just turns the closed loop system on at 14.6, any other value turns it off. In the real world you would set the VE table and O2 bias table so you got 14.6 and leave it alone. Then when you adjusted the AFR table the system would give you what you asked for. With the O2 bias we can skew or shift things by setting the bias value to something other than 450 mv.

You do not have to use the new Vtune program if you do not want too.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »

Steve Cole

Where are you located?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »

To start with the O2 bias table or tables depending on which bike you have can be adjusted in our software to a larger range than you should use. That said a switching sensor will work from about 400 mv - 650mv range. This will get you a 14.8 - 14.2 AFR range. Let's forget the Air Fuel ratio value of 14.6 and just think of that value turns the Closed loop system on. So you set AFR to 14.6 (closed loop on) and then set O2 bias to 450 mv. This tells the system you want a Air fuel ratio of about 14.68. So now you adjust the VE values to get you there. Once completed the VE values are set. Now you change the O2 bias value to 650 mv with the Air Fuel Ratio table still at 14.6 (closed loop on) you will need to reset the VE values to move the mixture to the new setting and you will end up with about 14.3 being you new ratio. Maybe this explains it better.

The AFR table just turns the closed loop system on at 14.6, any other value turns it off. In the real world you would set the VE table and O2 bias table so you got 14.6 and leave it alone. Then when you adjusted the AFR table the system would give you what you asked for. With the O2 bias we can skew or shift things by setting the bias value to something other than 450 mv.

So does a change to the closed loop bias table change the VE values to alter the AFR.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »

O.K. so i don't think i am as confused as i thought. The Narrow Band sensors are required to work with V-Tune data and will only provide a AFR range of 14.0- 14.8, within their capable range. For those of us that want to tune AFR's tables in the 13.0 - 14.0 range, V-Tune data is not going to work but we can still adjust these AFR's into the ECM with TTS. So it would be suggested we use something like Twin Scan to assist our turning in the 13.0 - 14.0 range... Right!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »

The closed loop bias tables allow you to tune from the low to the high of 14.2 in my experience to 14.8.  On a dyno jet I was never able to get it below 14.2 with the original SERT dongle.
You should use the closed loop bias table you set your VE's so that you can then go back in to your regular AFR table the main one and set your desired fuel there whether it be to follow the closed loop by leaving it at 14.6 to 1 which triggers the closed loop or go in and set it for whatever your desired A/F ratio is.

The whole idea here is to get your VE's set correctly.   Whether you do it with a Wego or dyno or closed loop data gathering.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »

cool, a no-hardware trim POT!!  J/K ::)  thanks for the answer Steve.   one more please. at what load/rpm/throttle position will closed loop typically occur?   how would one guarantee to stay in closed loop (if searching best economy) on a typical road trip?

thanks again

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »

Sunny Southern California

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 11:48:02 PM »

Sunny Southern California

it's dern smogy there....

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

it's dern smogy there....

Yes, it can be but being located on the coast solves most of that and the view walking down the beach in the summer is pretty nice.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »

was looking for a really good answer for the closed loop guys-----those that believe the new bikes actually run closed loop through mountains, across the city, passing semi, etc:

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »

was looking for a really good answer for the closed loop guys-----those that believe the new bikes actually run closed loop through mountains, across the city, passing semi, etc:

The bike runs in closed loop up to 90kPa...depending on the cam over lap, throttle position, and load 90kPa can be reached very quickly or all the way to 80% TP. In other words I can hit 90kPa at 5% throttle in first gear at 20 mph a lot quicker than I can at 50% throttle in 5th gear at 80 mph. Going up a hill at 60 mph might be in open loop vs going down a hill at 60 mph would remain in closed loop.
Doc's Performance Tuning

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:03 PM »

Once the VE's are properly adjusted using the AFR table to adjust the mixture is all you need to do. You can use a narrow band sensors if you like but it is really unnecessary. If you have a dyno and are going to adjust for peak power you move the mixture at WOT using the PE AFR table until you get peak power. Once there richen the engine back up about .5 AFR, this is to keep the engine from overheating and build in some safety. Without a dyno it is much the same. Open DataMaster and do a dyno recording. Ride the bike in 3rd or 4th gear which ever you have enough open road for. Lug the motor down to 2000 RPM and go WOT for as long as you can. If you can get to 6200 then back it down. Save the recorded data and view it in Datamaster. Find your acceleration run in the viewer and zoom in on it so you can see the start and stop of that area on the screen. Go under the "View" tab and open the "Dyno Graph" Select your bike and enter your weight in the Rider+ Payload area. Then select which gear you made you run in. Click "OK" when completed. Now on the main Graph click the courser to a position just after you started the run, click the "Set Start Rec" button. Now go to the end of the of the acceleration and move the courser to just before the end of the run, click the "Set End Rec" button. Now look at the lower right side of the Dyno screen and click the "Plot Data" button. This will give you a graph of the estimate torque and Hp of your combination. Now the numbers are close provided you have given the calculator all the proper information but to be honest it really does not matter for what we are trying to do here. Now that you have a baseline you can change the tune and then rerun the test again but make sure you use the exact same setup in the calculator and the exact same gear as before. If you have made an improvement it will show an increase and if you went backwards it will show that as well. If you point on the dyno graph and click on it you will get a line and it will give the HP and Torque at that spot. You can move the line just by clicking on a different spot on the graph. So you have the tools with our product to do a complete tuneup fo your combination.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

Any idea when the upgrade path will be offered?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »

Steve,, thanks for the tuning tips.. been waiting for that.  :2vrolijk_21:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »

The bike runs in closed loop up to 90kPa...depending on the cam over lap, throttle position, and load 90kPa can be reached very quickly or all the way to 80% TP. In other words I can hit 90kPa at 5% throttle in first gear at 20 mph a lot quicker than I can at 50% throttle in 5th gear at 80 mph. Going up a hill at 60 mph might be in open loop vs going down a hill at 60 mph would remain in closed loop.

thanks doc!

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 10:09:25 PM »

The upgrade system will not be done until next month most likely. Currently we are working on the 2009 bikes and have Mastertune just about done. Testing will start late this week or beginning of next week. Once it's finished then we will go back to complete the SERT upgrade to Mastertune product.

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »

Steve. Has the update been released for those of us who have existing dongles?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »

Steve. Has the update been released for those of us who have existing dongles?

Yup, the upgrade is available using the updater on your software package. Over 30 Meg. I've been trying to download and having a hard time with slow connections. Could you let us know what your download experience is if you download the upgrades.

thanks.. SG.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »

No, not yet. They are testing the software now but I do not expect testing to be completed for a few weeks.

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »

Steve, Would you keep us posted when the Upgrade system is available. I have a New Race Tuner I bought in for my 06 but traded the bike for an 07 before I installed the tuner. So I have a brand new tuner just waiting to be upgraded.
Thanks.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »

No, not yet. They are testing the software now but I do not expect testing to be completed for a few weeks.

Sorry about the miss quote there.. I thought your last upgrade included this.. Now if i was able to down load and check it out,, i wouldnt have mud on my face..  :confused5:

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »

I've been reading, and I just have to get one in my hand and work with it...

I'm sure it can be that complex

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

Steve Cole, Has there been any progress on the upgrade system for those of us who have existing dongles? It has been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I would just check in with you.
RC

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

It's still being worked out. I will be out next week and with the holidays coming up I really do not see it being completed until after the first of the year. I still have to update all the early calibrations for the added functions to work to go along with it. Since I do that part I know I will not be done before that, but, the software guys are still not done so I'm not in trouble yet. Sorry guys there only so many hours in a day.

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »

That sounds good. I'll check back with you sometime in January. Thanks for the up date.
RC

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »

Steve Cole,
 Has there been any progress on the upgrade system for those of us who have existing dongles? It has been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I would just check in with you.
RC

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »

Doc 1,
  I have been asking Steve Cole this but haven't heard from him so I'll try you.
Has there been any progress on the upgrade system for those of us who have existing dongles? It has been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I would just check in with you.
RC

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »

The update software has been fully tested now so that part is done. We are working on getting the calibrations updated at this time. Once that's finished we will be good to go. I'm not sure on a new date but it has not been forgotten about, just taking longer than we had hoped.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »

The update software has been fully tested now so that part is done. We are working on getting the calibrations updated at this time. Once that's finished we will be good to go. I'm not sure on a new date but it has not been forgotten about, just taking longer than we had hoped.

Cost - rough estimate at least?

Thanks...

cola

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »

Are the systems that Doc has for sale the full unit or will I need to down load other software later.
thank you, Mike

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »

All of our units require that you run the TTS Software updater to complete the  installation. This is how we handle the free updates that you get with the product.

KozyK

• Razor Red, Gold Leaf Flames

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2009, 08:57:40 PM »

This is what I was told by a local speed shop when I called to have a SERT installed and Dnyo tuned. They told me TTS was the original manufacturere for HD and now has a more advanced product that allows more specific mapping.Was hoping to have it installed in middle of March. Should I wait for this latest version?
RIDE 2 work, work 2 RIDE

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »

The updates that we make are free so there is really no difference in getting it today or in three weeks. As the updates are completed the new software is placed on the internet for downloading for all owners.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »

The updates that we make are free so there is really no difference in getting it today or in three weeks. As the updates are completed the new software is placed on the internet for downloading for all owners.

any update to the upgrade path?

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »

If you're talking about the TTS MasterTune program software, I updated mine yesterday using the updater that came with the package.  It worked fine. 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

Sean M Cary

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2009, 01:51:14 PM »

If you're talking about the TTS MasterTune program software, I updated mine yesterday using the updater that came with the package.  It worked fine. 

negative - the upgrade for those of us with original SERTS...

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

negative - the upgrade for those of us with original SERTS...

I hear that. Now that's what I'm talking about! When?!

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »

I hear that. Now that's what I'm talking about! When?!

I got tired of waiting for the upgrade...I've been told it's just a few weeks away everytime I asked, since early last fall. I just bought a new one instead. I'm sure that's what TTS would like all SERT owners to do but most SERT owners probably aren't as forgiving as me.

Randall

Sean M Cary

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »

I got tired of waiting for the upgrade...I've been told it's just a few weeks away everytime I asked, since early last fall. I just bought a new one instead. I'm sure that's what TTS would like all SERT owners to do but most SERT owners probably aren't as forgiving as me.

Randall
yeah, not much forgiveness is me... I'll wait, or I'll stick with my SERT if they don't come up with the upgrade.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »

It has taken much more time than we had thought it would but it is getting there. We have to finish updating all the old calibrations into the Mastertune format so the upgrade will have the calibration to work with. As soon as it done we will post it up. Sorry for the delay but it's got to be right before we let it out.

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »

Steve you are the man. Nice job on the cat removal! The TTS Mastertune and map you sent worked great and I also installed a set of Monster Ovals. The bike runs GREAT!! I can't thank you enough for your help. Fullsac is the way to go with your 09 CVO 
2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:13 PM »

Steve you are the man. Nice job on the cat removal! The TTS Mastertune and map you sent worked great and I also installed a set of Monster Ovals. The bike runs GREAT!! I can't thank you enough for your help. Fullsac is the way to go with your 09 CVO 

Too many "Steve's" makes life confusing, don't it??? HAHAHAHA>.........anyway, thanks to both of them for jobs well done!
My setup is also working great!
Mike
HOGMIKE

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »

Steve Cole from fullsac
2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2009, 07:25:02 AM »

Steve Cole from fullsac

Steve Cole = TTS Mastertune

Steve George = Fullsac
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:30 AM »

Steve Cole = TTS Mastertune

Steve George = Fullsac

Confusing, right? Both good guys in my experience. Always willing to take the time to explain things. Products work as advertised!
Mike
HOGMIKE

RK2000

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »

It has taken much more time than we had thought it would but it is getting there. We have to finish updating all the old calibrations into the Mastertune format so the upgrade will have the calibration to work with. As soon as it done we will post it up. Sorry for the delay but it's got to be right before we let it out.

Steve Cole.
I thought I would check in to see if the upgrade to the existing dongles is going to be released anytime soon? Getting close to the full riding season and would like to get my bike cooled down before it gets hot again. Please let us know.
 RC

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »

Steve Cole.
I thought I would check in to see if the upgrade to the existing dongles is going to be released anytime soon? Getting close to the full riding season and would like to get my bike cooled down before it gets hot again. Please let us know.
 RC

Steve Cole, any new update regarding many of us with existing SERTs?

Thanks

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »

Hey  - how does all this affect us that "don't" have O2 sensors  :nixweiss:

I could go to one our local shops with dyno's but I have not talked to anyone that has been impressed yet. Was told by one dealer it would be 3-400 for a dyno tune and they would give me a copy of the SERT MAP.

Or I could got the TwinScan II+ route. The kit seems as though it works similar to the MasterTune, log data upload cut & paste download etc. The TwinScan II+ includes the necessary O2 sensors, data logger and O2 interface.

I am considering this route as I have new pipes coming that are ready for O2 sensors, so this seems to make the most sense.

What is the difference between MasterTune and TwinScan?

And from what I am gathering here - AFR's are setting our desired AFR across the board or is the tuner setting the AFR.

If it is user set how do you know you are setting the desired AFR correctly?

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »

Although you can't use this file can you copy and paste the tables into a MasterTune file?

MV 2013

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »

How do you get access to the tables in an mte file. I can't open it to see what is in there?

jb

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »

You can not open the MTE file this was the whole point....it's against the law to alter the map.
Doc's Performance Tuning

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »

You can not open the MTE file this was the whole point....it's against the law to alter the map.

Who's law?

MV 2013

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

EPA....
Doc's Performance Tuning

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »

I don't need to change an MTE file, I just want to know what settings are in it. Is that possible? :nixweiss:

jb

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »

EPA....

So - what about everything else we do to circumvent the EPA regs for noise and emission standards  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »

Hey  - how does all this affect us that "don't" have O2 sensors  :nixweiss:

What is the difference between MasterTune and TwinScan?

And from what I am gathering here - AFR's are setting our desired AFR across the board or is the tuner setting the AFR.

If it is user set how do you know you are setting the desired AFR correctly?

Duane,

If you go the Twin Scan route you will still need SERT or MasterTune. IMO - If you haven't spent any money yet and you have SERT, (I'm sure you do) go get a good Dyna tune. Twin Scan is a good tool, but it is a PITA and requires a lot of time. I still use Twin Scan, but mainly to keep tabs on my current Dyna tune.

I recently had a good Dyna tune done and found that I was close with my Twin Scan tune, but the Dyna tune was icing on the cake. The tuner found about 4 more HP and I learned i was about 1 point leaner then i thought. Those BLM tables get a bit confusing.

Trust me, you will be a lot happier with a good Dyna Tune, the trick is; 'finding a good Dyna Tuner in your area'.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:17:36 AM by sportygordy »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »

SERT I got - good dyno tuner I don't  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »

Duane,

If you go the Twin Scan route you will still need SERT or MasterTune. IMO - If you haven't spent any money yet and you have SERT, (I'm sure you do) go get a good Dyna tune. Twin Scan is a good tool, but it is a PITA and requires a lot of time. I still use Twin Scan, but mainly to keep tabs on my current Dyna tune.

I recently had a good Dyna tune done and found that I was close with my Twin Scan tune, but the Dyna tune was icing on the cake. The tuner found about 4 more HP and I learned i was about 1 point leaner then i thought. Those BLM tables get a bit confusing.

Trust me, you will be a lot happier with a good Dyna Tune, the trick is; 'finding a good Dyna Tuner in your area'.

Sporty,

If he puts a dyna tune in his bike it may not run right.   ::)    :huepfenlol2:    Duane a good Dyno Tune should fix this, we dont want you running like and FXR or do we :)    Get a Wego and get it close till you find a good tuner you can trust or are in an area with a good one.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »

Well the head pipes came back today, so now I have something to stick an O2 sensor in.

Got the box today Harry, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:51:41 PM by porthole »

MV 2013

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2009, 12:16:49 AM »

Sporty,

If he puts a dyna tune in his bike it may not run right.   ::)    :huepfenlol2:    Duane a good Dyno Tune should fix this, we dont want you running like and FXR or do we :)    Get a Wego and get it close till you find a good tuner you can trust or are in an area with a good one.

dyna dyno... see what i get for running spell check :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 20 queries.