Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Where have you guys purchased your heated gear from?  (Read 8859 times)

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
Re: Where have you guys purchased your heated gear from?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »

Just bought a jacket liner and gloves, HD stuff, from my local dealer - got a 15% discount.  Got the dual control thermostat, too. 

Decided to install the dedicated wiring harness to the battery instead of trying to use the battery tender lead (book said not to use battery tender lead).  At 8.6 amps max draw, it might have been okay.  I put a 15 amp fuse in the holder - don't want a erroneous fuse blow on a cold day.

The installation process went fine: I followed the recommendations on this forum so not to have the alarm siren go off (have the key fob on the bike, turn on the ignition, pull the Maxi-fuse).  Worked fine....putting things back in, I turned the ignition switch to off BEFORE installing the Maxi-fuse....worked fine.  No alarm.  Had to reset the clock, but that's all.

Now, need a cold day to try this all out!

I hope it's like next November  :coolblue:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »

Very happy with the HD heated jacket liner. It has built in cords for heated gloves. With a two-control thermostat (also HD) you can set separate temps for gloves and jacket liner.

Awesome piece of gear. We are very happy w/ the MoCo heated jacket and gloves w/dual control T/S.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »

Strange time to discuss heated gear BUT...my comments are:
  • A MUST is to try it on; jacket liner should be slightly snug over a T-shirt (that's all you want under the liner) - my other apparel are gloves, try some on, too....makes internet sales difficult unless you 'do the obvious'
  • I bought HD cause they had a 20% off sale...HD heated stuff is made by Gerbing and comes with a lifetime warranty on the electrical part....can't beat that!  :bananarock:
T
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.