Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Which SE bikes for 2006?  (Read 38068 times)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
Re: Which SE bikes for 2006?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 11:16:42 PM »

BLM777

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2005, 03:27:31 AM »

I have actually penciled up specs and started "negotiations" for a 2005 Big Dog Chopper, which now has 117" of right side drive and 11 years of production experience behind it.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »

What are the resale values of theses bikes?
That would be my biggest concern since the title doesn't say Harley.

Percentage of value dropped per year as opposed to a Harley would be interesting to find out. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »

What are the resale values of theses bikes?
That would be my biggest concern since the title doesn't say Harley.

Percentage of value dropped per year as opposed to a Harley would be interesting to find out. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

That's an odd measure to define why you buy a bike though.  It is a (generally) recreational purchase after all.  If it's a bike that costs so much that we really have to be concerned about it's resale value in a few years it's probably a bike that's a little too expensive.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2005, 03:04:23 PM »

That's an odd measure to define why you buy a bike though.  It is a (generally) recreational purchase after all.  If it's a bike that costs so much that we really have to be concerned about it's resale value in a few years it's probably a bike that's a little too expensive.

Why is that an odd measure? do you like throwing money away? I will send you my address so you can just send the money to me OK? LOL!!! I don't see anything odd in making a "recreational purchase" that holds it value!!! as for these non harleys (Big Dogs, Titans etc. etc.) they depreciate more. [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Oh yeah you heard it here first SE Road Glide in 2010 tenth anniversary!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 03:08:32 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2005, 05:02:41 PM »

I will send you my address so you can just send the money to me OK?]

Thanks, but no thanks.  Not just throwing it away is one of the things that allows making a recreational purchase and being able to do it recreationally, i.e., without having to be too hung up on resale value.

Don't get me wrong.  I want there to be some resale value.  But I'm not buying something like an SEEG because it might have 20 % more or less value some number of years down the line.  Taking that fine a pencil to what is recreation removes a bit of the recreational value.  I buy something like an SEEG because I wanted it and could afford it.  I wouldn't have not bought it in 2005 just because the resale value might not be superb in 2009.  We have to think and work too hard on the important stuff.  Toys aren't (or shouldn't be) that important.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2005, 06:40:49 PM »

as for these non harleys (Big Dogs, Titans etc. etc.) they depreciate more.

I think you might want to look at those numbers again.  I don't have any personal experience with Titan, but can speak from a first hand basis on Big Dog and American Ironhorse bringing a much higher percentage of purchase price than does a 2 to 5 year old HD.  In computing depreciation most HD owners tend to forget the 3 to 5 grand that they added on their purchase just to acheive acceptable appearance and performance.  That aftermarket investment is valueless on trade in or wholesale value.  Any HD dealer that tells you he is allowing you anything for this investment is blowing smoke up your...tailpipe and/or peeing on your leg and telling you its' raining.  

Quality manufacturers, such as those mentioned sell a completed, near custom bike to a rapidly growing customer base.  Ironhorse gross revenues are up over 1500% in three years.  Must be a reason. Big Dog has not posted any numbers in the past 24 months that I'm aware of, but their retail resale numbers have been averaging approximately 10% of purchase price depreciation per annum.  Take a look at the book for a 1 year old SEEG.  

My opinion, based upon conversations with management in several "start up" bike manufacturers, is that a full custom bagger will not be far down the line.  An HD wakeup call on value may be in the making.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2005, 09:23:48 PM »

My DAD told me once "It's not what you put in it, it's what you will get out of it".

I agree with O' Fender, I see no problem in buying something I want especially if it holds it's value better than others that are similar.
I just like to have a good idea of depreciation before I make the purchase.

Daddyschog

• Junior CVO Member
  • git er dun
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2005, 05:41:46 AM »

I think we can all be glad the Moco did that first Road Glide, else we wouldn't be talking at all.  My vote goes for another Road Glide and a Sporty, but not because I'm in the market for either one of them.
let Daddy tell ya a little story

rasmusmi

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2005, 08:04:04 AM »

Guys, we can vote all we want, but the fact is the MoCo is all about tradition and conservative forward movement. If you look at their CVO progression, they've typically run a model in CVO for 2 years, then dropped it to move on to another model to offer.

Sure they want to sell their CVO's, but if they really wanted to sell a mass quantity of CVO bikes don't you think they'd offer more than 3000 - 3500 of each model? That quantity just represents a "taste" in the Harley world of manufacturing...something to whet your appetite.  [smiley=drink.gif]

I think their goal is to introduce each (most) of their models through a CVO variation, run it for 2 years, and move on. When all the various models have had a CVO shot in the arm, I expect they'll kick this division into high gear and start cranking out larger quantities and more models, thinking the industry and market's headed towards more custom, high end bikes.

Part of the reason they offered 3 CVO's this year, in my opinion, was to bolster the sagging sales of the Fatboy and V-Rod (while we're on that subject, whose brainchild at the MoCo was it to offer a 15th Anniversary Special Edition, Limited Run Fatboy IN ADDITION to the CVO Fatboy this year??....go figure! [smiley=confused5.gif]).

Wow....having said all that, I'm going back to sleep! [smiley=confused.gif]

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2005, 06:10:16 PM »

I think their goal is to introduce each (most) of their models through a CVO variation, run it for 2 years, and move on. When all the various models have had a CVO shot in the arm, I expect they'll kick this division into high gear and start cranking out larger quantities and more models, thinking the industry and market's headed towards more custom, high end bikes.

I don't think the history of the CVO bikes bears this out.  Which one of the bikes was   introduced as a CVO bike?   [smiley=confused5.gif]
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2005, 07:01:08 PM »

I heard roadglide for 06 i canceled my 05 fatboy till i see whats up for 06 if there is a roadglide i,m in -AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 01:39:42 AM »

I heard roadglide for 06 i canceled my 05 fatboy till i see whats up for 06 if there is a roadglide i,m in -AK

They all ready did Road Glides, so I don't think they'll be doing them again, at least not this soon.  Maybe a Heritage.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 08:14:26 AM »

They all ready did Road Glides, so I don't think they'll be doing them again, at least not this soon.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 09:44:15 AM »

im seeing the street rod advertised for 2006  cvo v-rod
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.