Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: HD dealer and HD corperate disagree on Use of Confederate Flag  (Read 5941 times)

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

hogasm

Re: HD dealer and HD corperate disagree on Use of Confederate Flag
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »

Wonder what Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg will do if they can not sell a tee shirt with a "Confederate Battle Flag" on it

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »

Wonder what Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg will do if they can not sell a tee shirt with a "Confederate Battle Flag" on it

Nobody commenting, huh hogasm?  :nixweiss:  They want to be PC, ya' think?  Phuck that!  >:( You comin' to the Gorge??  Please advise.  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hogasm

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:39 PM »

Nobody commenting, huh hogasm?  :nixweiss:  They want to be PC, ya' think?  Phuck that!  >:( You comin' to the Gorge??  Please advise.  8) Later--HUBBARD

It is a shame that politically correct and not  the REAL history is  taught in schools today

Want to really piss off the minority.....have them read up on what Lincoln was planning on doing after the war had he not have been executed

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »

The PC police and the spineless politicians and corporate leaders will be the death of this country.  Now we can't even make comments about the millions of people here illegally, lest we hurt their feelings and make them feel unwelcome.  And absolutely do not say anything to intimate there might be gangbangers and dope dealers and murderers among those crossing the border.   :o

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »

I would expect that could still sell shirts with a Confederate Flag on it, just not with a trademark of Harley Davidson on it.
The real problem is that most Dealers have a trade mark in their name.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 09:24:05 PM »

If they want to ban something ban the Korean made car the kid drove.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

My flag is flying and you can see it at NRG next week. I'll also have a T-shirt with the flag on it.
I don't do politically correct!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »

I don't know what the world is coming to...

A man that was on a Wheaties box with a slew of Gold medals is now "Oozing Couture" as a woman named Cait. I wonder which hole the couture is oozing from?

They teach kids that it's not important what 2+2 equals as long as they try to answer.

You can't watch reruns of looney tunes cause they are too violent, and some water head may try to jump off a cliff or heist a steamroller to run over his buddy.

Some 22 year old lights a mortar on his head and dies and his momma wants tighter laws on fireworks.

And now the General Lee is gonna get painted because some stupid kid that wasn't taught right from wrong killed a bunch of people. The families of the people killed should be allowed to beat the living chit out the kids parents.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:50:39 PM by SHRADER »
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 12:10:16 AM »

It is a shame that politically correct and not  the REAL history is  taught in schools today

Want to really piss off the minority.....have them read up on what Lincoln was planning on doing after the war had he not have been executed
Sad but true. I believed what the teachers taught until I finally read for myself. That got me to read more including actual letters from the soldiers. What is taught is told to make the government wear the white hat. Teachers teach what the politically correct government curriculum presents them. Even some so called "historians" do the same. Lets face it its our nature to follow like sheep and drink the kool-aid. It has been taught this way for so long, it has been accepted. Try this book and you will see how we ended up where we are.
https://books.google.com/books/about/Was_Jefferson_Davis_Right.html?id=JANeYULcofcC
You can read a sample for free.

That army headed west when it was through in the south, to exterminate the American Indian......oh, sorry I meant to rid us of the savages. Looks like Custer's monument has to come down too?
RETIRED! :fireman:

hogasm

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

A man that was on a Wheaties box with a slew of Gold medals is now "Oozing Couture" as a woman named Cait. I wonder which hole the couture is oozing from?

They teach kids that it's not important what 2+2 equals as long as they try to answer.

You can't watch reruns of looney tunes cause they are too violent, and some water head may try to jump off a cliff or heist a steamroller to run over his buddy.

Some 22 year old lights a mortar on his head and dies and his momma wants tighter laws on fireworks.

And now the General Lee is gonna get painted because some stupid kid that wasn't taught right from wrong killed a bunch of people. The families of the people killed should be allowed to beat the living chit out the kids parents.

Grande licks someones doughnuts and then comments that she hates Amaricans and America.......then Susan Surrandon backs her up via twitter

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »

A close family friend owned and raced this car back in the day... 

Two years ago it sold for 2.86 million dollars at the Scottsdale Barrett Jackson auction...

I wonder what it's value is today?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:40:54 AM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »

People who don't work want a free ride, Desecrating our national flag is acceptable,
Cops are criminals and criminals are victims, being transgender makes you a hero,
A sniper is a coward, Government negotiate with terrorists,
Government supplies guns to drug cartels yet we try to disarm our own citizens,
People want to make more money flipping burgers that our soldiers who are risking their lives.

Change is moving quickly here in America and IMO not for the better.

My apologies to moderators if I took this to far.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:26:58 PM by LC110 »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 09:16:01 AM »

Those of you who are Facebook friends have seen me make the analogy that we should ban any dispay of the English flag because the English nobility enslaved the general populace from like 500AD on. When the colonies were settled the English were in the forefront of slave trade for the plantations as well as enslaving the white northern populace via Indentured Servitude. And then finally the tyranny of King George III. So we Americans rebelled, won our freedom and now we consider England our staunchest Ally in the world. So to ban the English flag would be a bit stupid. Now compare this to the Flag of the Confederacy. To begin you have to remember that the founding fathers did not envision a powerful central government. They envisioned a union of states with each state running it's own affairs. That was the basis for which the south seceded from the union even though people think it was purely because of slavery. 1/2 of the north still supported slavery. So the southern states formed the Confederacy and seceded and we fought a nasty civil war and one side won and the other lost. Throughout the 239 year history of the United States of America we have been respectful of our fallen foes. One of the only good things about Andrew Jackson was that he refused to allow the Congress and Senate to punish the Confederacy. In the end, one can compare the Confederacy to the English, to the French, to the Spanish, to the Japanese and to all of the other nation states with which we have engaged in conflict. To cherry pick one flag, one losing foe is stupid. The flag represents so much more than the issue of slavery.

B B

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 11:54:14 AM »

I thought the discussion of politics was a no-no in this forum.  Have the rules changed?  With the presidential race heating up might be a good time to restate the policy.  As I recall, it got pretty ugly last time.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 20 queries.