Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: It's all about Traxxion  (Read 6094 times)

stutz76

Re: It's all about Traxxion
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 11:05:59 PM »

Traxxion never contacted me back. Most likely they've got them in stock by now but after the money I spent there as well as the time, I was a bit disappointed that they have not followed up. They're not a bad company and their product is excellent but the sales guy their is a bit dry and slow to respond sometimes. And as you can see, doesn't seem terribly organized or interested in strong customer service. I've lost my desire to upgrade the rear shocks for now but am very happy with the front upgrade and stand by my opinion that I will never own another Harley without them.

So I might revisit the rear shock upgrade a bit later.
Have the same experience.Email them about bitubo shocks and they replied that they were expecting it that week and they will let me know me now when it comes in.Its been 3 weeks and no update so decided to go with ricor. Called ricor but did not leave any message so I was surprise when they called me back telling me they miss my call.Talk to Brian and decided to order their HD touring shocks that will be customize for my weight. 

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »

I guess you'd be just as happy with one speaker unplugged, on flat tire, or the motor running on one cylinder, then! :)

Now that would be funny, but the Harley engineers are already using that "One Cylinder " trick... and is anyone "Happy"?
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »

Have the same experience.Email them about bitubo shocks and they replied that they were expecting it that week and they will let me know me now when it comes in.Its been 3 weeks and no update so decided to go with ricor. Called ricor but did not leave any message so I was surprise when they called me back telling me they miss my call.Talk to Brian and decided to order their HD touring shocks that will be customize for my weight.  

Now that is what I consider good service. Going above and beyond. Kudos for Ricor.

Stutz, I look forward to a few words of opinion from you when you install them. Keep us posted. Curious though, did you consider Progressive Suspension?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:06:47 PM by jesse111 »

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »

Well, I drank the cool aid and ordered the AK-20's and Bitubo rear shocks today for my 09 SERG.  I did order through our local TD installer here in So Cal and he "assures" me that the order will be in by this time next week, front and rear.  I scheduled an install for a week from this Friday, so hopefully I will not have a lack of communication that some others have had from TD.  I think my installer will make sure they arrive on time and stay on top of this.  The Bitubos are being discounted $200 by TD which makes them only moderately expensive vs. extraordinarily expensive :-*  The discount is on their website.

If all works out, I will have a pair of chrome, 13" Progressive 440's in great condition on the selling board next week.

Will post results/opinions asap.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »

Will post results/opinions asap.

Looking forward to hear how the full package gets along with the new frame. Sometimes getting the best is worth a little extra energy.  :huepfenlol2:

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »

If all works out, I will have a pair of chrome, 13" Progressive 440's in great condition on the selling board next week.

Where do you hope to find improvement with the Bitubo's over the Progressives?

stutz76

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »

Now that is what I consider good service. Going above and beyond. Kudos for Ricor.

Stutz, I look forward to a few words of opinion from you when you install them. Keep us posted. Curious though, did you consider Progressive Suspension?
Did not considered progressive suspension.Been reading a lot about them and some have good review but others seem not happy with it. Some of the comments from forum members say that after awhile the shocks starts leaking.
The good thing is they warranty it for life.I just don't want to deal with it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: THE RESULTS
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »

They do, and it is!  I agree their sales guy isn't the greatest, but don't let their lack of follow-up keep you from experiencing the difference you now have on half of your bike on the whole bike.

With the off road business they do they are right in the middle of their high season, understandable they are slammed I guess, same every year.

I agree with 103, I have AK's with 440's on my 06 and Ak's with bi-tubos on my 05, great set up with either but I like the bi-tubos a bit better, more responsive and less harsh IMO.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:09 AM »

Where do you hope to find improvement with the Bitubo's over the Progressives?

The 440's are just fine for me when 1 up.  BSR has a bad back, and Progressives just seem to rebound very harshly even though I've tried several adjustments.  Many people on the is Forum love their Progressives and I don't have anything bad  to say other than if wife is not happy, it's not fun.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »

The 440's are just fine for me when 1 up.  BSR has a bad back, and Progressives just seem to rebound very harshly even though I've tried several adjustments.  Many people on the is Forum love their Progressives and I don't have anything bad  to say other than if wife is not happy, it's not fun.

Never saw a followup on the results of your install of the AK20's and the Bitubos. Everything you hoped for?

DesertHOG

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »

traxxion is okay, for 2k+,  :-*  i expect more but then i settled for a CVO

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »

Never saw a followup on the results of your install of the AK20's and the Bitubos. Everything you hoped for?

DesertHOG

DesertHog
This was pricey, but imho, the best investment I made for the bike.  Wife felt the improvement immediately, with no bottoming and MUCH improved ride even on rough roads.  Handling is excellent.  Made a 3600 mile ride to Sturgis this summer and loved it.

rebelhoop

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »

Is the squeek over bumps a Hydralic action or the springs rubbing inside the housing?  I see posts that seem to mention both...

rebelhoop

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »

Can anyone tell me what the squeek is about when hitting bumps?  Some posts think it's hyduralic while others mention the springs rubbing inside the tubes?  I'm considering buying a set... thanks

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

Can anyone tell me what the squeek is about when hitting bumps?  Some posts think it's hyduralic while others mention the springs rubbing inside the tubes?  I'm considering buying a set... thanks

I've had Traxxion forks for close to 3 years and do not have a squeek...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.