Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: It's all about Traxxion  (Read 6120 times)

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
It's all about Traxxion
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

Project - 2010 CVO Ultra

AK-20
Bitubo

I prefer the stock height primarily for cornering. I'm 6"4' so reaching the ground at stops is not an issue for me. So stock height will remain.

I've got about 2500 miles on the bike so far. The install is scheduled in the middle of a 1300 mile ride on April 30th. I think I'll be able to make a pretty good comparison between stock and the mods by the time I arrive home. I'll post my opinion of my experience with Traxxion and the performance of their product as soon as I return.

Stay "tuned'.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: It's all about Traxxion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »

You will like it.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:27:37 AM »

You will like it.   :2vrolijk_21:

You were right fxr. I do like it. Full review coming next day or two. I'm on my way back to NC from a hotel in nowheresville Georgia somewhere of I-20. After this last 375 mile stretch, my opinion will be ready for post.

Stay "tuned".

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
THE RESULTS
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »

Traxxion is located in Woodstock Ga. I’d recommend staying at the Microtel there. It’s very very clean, comfortable big beds and a very friendly staff.

It’s about a 4-5 hour job. There's a break room at Traxxion and they've got a nice sofa you can crash on or catch up on your reading.

Lee was the installer for me and what a nice guy he his. Very careful with the gear and happy to answer any questions you’ve got.

My first impression upon leaving was the control. The AK-20 produces better control as well as a smoother ride. Paradoxical in a way, but absolutely true nonetheless.

When riding over a speed bump or other such obstacles you will here the shocks working. A squish sound is audible. According to Traxxion some dislike this sound. However, I like it. You will only hear it on slow severe bumps. I did not hear it one single time on my 375 mile ride back home. So for anyone to actually complain about this rare squish sound is quite frankly, beyond me. Like I said, on the rare occasion I do hear it, I like it because it reminds me that I have high quality gear in my front suspension working for me and actually doing something - as it should. It’s the sound of quality in my opinion.

Lee was concerned I might be a bit disappointed since we were unable to install the Bitubo rears. Oh ya, did I mention they didn’t have the rears in stock?! We were all surprised to found out they did not have any 330’s in stock. No biggie really. They’ll ship them to me and I’ll install them. Probably one of the easiest installs there is. He wanted me to have the full experience of a front and rear suspension upgrade. But the way I look at it is, I can judge the upgrades in steps observing the differences one at a time.

So off I went wondering if I’d just wasted circa 1.3k on a pair of front fork cartridges. It took me all of about 3 miles to know that these new shocks were no joke. The confidence in slow turns became evident immediately. As I traveled down the road I was really quite impressed at how much better the ride was. Smoother yet more control. You should expect more control and a better ride with high end suspension and the AK-20 delivers.

Holes and bumps in the road that would normally cause me to tense up and prepare for a shock treatment, were now absorbed into the Traxxion technology. It took me awhile to get use to this. I slowly learned the capability of the shocks as the miles went by. I found myself learning to relax letting the shocks carry the responsibility of decoupling me from the road. Overall, as the shocks continued to equalize the threat of the pavement anomalies, my confidence grew and I began enjoying the scenery whizzing by. This alone is worth the money fellas, but there’s more.

High speed low bank curves such as on ramps are more stable. Slow turns are more stable but the difference is less so. If you brake hard at a stop, the front end will not drop and bounce like a mid 60's Buick anymore. The stops are well mannered and smooth. Very controlled.

All of these improvements are what I’ve read about with AK-20 and are what I was expecting. However, to actually feel them is quite satisfying. You can’t truly describe a feeling. You have to feel it.

I’ve read a review or two where some did not feel vast difference from stock. I suppose some riders are more acutely aware of certain differences than others or just simply feel different things. But as for me, it’s night and day. Simply put… they work.

As for whether or not I would recommend these to a friend, well let me put it this way. I will never own another bike without them.

As for the Bitubo’s (pronounced By-too-bo). If they perform over the stock air shocks like the Traxxion performs over the stock damper rods, it will truly be quite the incredible ride. I will post my opinion on those when the time comes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:30:32 AM by jesse111 »

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:20:15 AM »

Jesse  ETA on the Bitubos ?

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »

Traxxion told me they've had them on order and should arrive anytime. Considering 2 days shipping to me and then the install and test ride, I'd say I should have something posted by the end of next week unless the shocks are delayed getting to me by some unforeseen occurrence.

Stay "tuned".

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 12:08:48 AM »

Jesse
Was reading your posts.  Any update on the rear shocks?  Thanks.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:37 AM »

Traxxion never contacted me back. Most likely they've got them in stock by now but after the money I spent there as well as the time, I was a bit disappointed that they have not followed up. They're not a bad company and their product is excellent but the sales guy their is a bit dry and slow to respond sometimes. And as you can see, doesn't seem terribly organized or interested in strong customer service. I've lost my desire to upgrade the rear shocks for now but am very happy with the front upgrade and stand by my opinion that I will never own another Harley without them.

So I might revisit the rear shock upgrade a bit later.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: THE RESULTS
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 01:13:24 AM »

As for the Bitubo’s (pronounced By-too-bo). If they perform over the stock air shocks like the Traxxion performs over the stock damper rods, it will truly be quite the incredible ride. I will post my opinion on those when the time comes.

Traxxion never contacted me back. Most likely they've got them in stock by now but after the money I spent there as well as the time, I was a bit disappointed that they have not followed up. They're not a bad company and their product is excellent but the sales guy their is a bit dry and slow to respond sometimes. And as you can see, doesn't seem terribly organized or interested in strong customer service. I've lost my desire to upgrade the rear shocks for now but am very happy with the front upgrade and stand by my opinion that I will never own another Harley without them.

So I might revisit the rear shock upgrade a bit later.

They do, and it is!  I agree their sales guy isn't the greatest, but don't let their lack of follow-up keep you from experiencing the difference you now have on half of your bike on the whole bike.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 01:22:11 AM »

Have to remember that TD is still basically a shop for locals, racers and a production facility.  Chasing individual sales isn't what they're built for.  It's not that the guys there don't care.  They've been great to talk to every time I've needed or wanted to.  But it is true one might have to call them.  That's hardly a reason to punish oneself bv choosing not to take advantage of the products they offer.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »

Have to remember that TD is still basically a shop for locals, racers and a production facility.  Chasing individual sales isn't what they're built for.  It's not that the guys there don't care.  They've been great to talk to every time I've needed or wanted to.  But it is true one might have to call them.  That's hardly a reason to punish oneself bv choosing not to take advantage of the products they offer.

That is the most eloquent justification for less than stellar service I've ever heard. Excusing follow up sales due to the size of customer would have gotten you fired in the company I worked for. Furthermore, if they had a proper sales model they'd be on this forum with comments and interaction. Every busy owner wants his company to grow. Truly good sales talent is very hard to find.

Far from punishing myself I consider myself over indulged. As for the rear shocks, losing my desire to install them for the time being is just the way I feel. The front end is by far the most critical in my view so I'm in no hurry for the rear. This is no big deal to me, I was simply answering a members question.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:41:26 PM by jesse111 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 06:07:13 PM »

That is the most eloquent justification for less than stellar service I've ever heard. Excusing follow up sales due to the size of customer would have gotten you fired in the company I worked for. Furthermore, if they had a proper sales model they'd be on this forum with comments and interaction. Every busy owner wants his company to grow. Truly good sales talent is very hard to find.

Far from punishing myself I consider myself over indulged. As for the rear shocks, losing my desire to install them for the time being is just the way I feel. The front end is by far the most critical in my view so I'm in no hurry for the rear. This is no big deal to me, I was simply answering a members question.
They are see this board - Traxxion Dynamics and were last online "May 25, 2010, 06:11:45 PM".

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »

You will not be disappointed in the bitubos. I did the front first, put on about 3k then did the rears. After the install I felt like I cheated myself for 3k miles.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »

That is the most eloquent justification for less than stellar service I've ever heard.

You say "justification" as if you mean rationalization.  Actually don't waste time with either. Just a description of my experience of who they are.  In my experience they were good intentioned and did good work. Period.

That is, unfortunately, a rare combination anymore. And one worth the effort of an extra phone call to be friendly with when that's all it takes.  Especially when the alternative is simple public posturing.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »

I guess you'd be just as happy with one speaker unplugged, on flat tire, or the motor running on one cylinder, then! :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.