Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: BL in Daytona  (Read 1836 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: BL in Daytona
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 06:46:47 PM »

[smiley=zroflmao.gif] Good one, [highlight]never thought [/highlight]about that.  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

No w0nder, who could think after 18  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 10:05:09 PM »

the law here in NY is .04 with a CDL,  and they take your license away on the spot.

needless to say,, I very seldum drink anymore.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 08:30:09 AM »

the law here in NY is .04 with a CDL,  and they take your license away on the spot.

needless to say,, I very seldum drink anymore.
Similar here, hence the reason I avoid drinking while driving. On top of that I'm an EMT and will also loose that license for a year for a DUI. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:02 AM »

Similar here, hence the reason I avoid drinking while driving. On top of that I'm an EMT and will also loose that license for a year for a DUI. [smiley=nervous.gif]
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

Washington State regular driver is .08 the CDL is federal at .04.....Roger's personal BAC limit [size=24].00[/size].

It totally makes no sense to be on the road after drinking.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:47:37 AM by Rjob749 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:45:11 AM »

Washington State regular driver is .08 the CDL is federal at .04.....Roger's personal BAC limit [size=24].00[/size].

It totally makes no sense to be on the road after drinking.  My one time incident on a motorcycle was after one beer, not sure it had an influence on the event, but fortunately I didn't go down and after getting 40 stitches in my right forearm that got hung up on the back of an ElCamino, I went home.

Can't say I have never had a drink and driven since that was nearly 40 years ago, but now that I am a bit more mature (only a bit) I have begun making every effort to not have even a drink before driving.

If you maintain this policy you won't have to worry about a ticket that puts you on the borderline.

On top of the possible tragedy that may occur from bad decision making or bad driving, I would rather spend the $5k that some attorney would get on my OCD. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Don't Drink And Drive should be everyone's rule........even if you are capable of it (sure you are) [smiley=soapbox.gif]
Very good rule that you have. My one time incident on two wheels and too much drinking wasn't as lucky as yours. I was young, dumb, and full of ...., and had gone to a night club on my bike. I had drunk Jack Daniels, and chased it w/Budweiser all night long. Had forgotten to change my shields on full face helmet from dark to clear before I left home for the evening (another mistake). When I left the club for the night I just thought I'd ride w/the shield up until I got home and things would be alright. Well as I was exiting the highway the shield decided to flip down and I was driving in the blind. Due to fact of all the alcohol in my system and my slow reaction I didn't get the shield up before I found the concrete median. By the time I finished sliding and looked up the bike was still sliding down the road. The first thing I do is jump up (luckily I could) and start chasing the bike down. I was able to get it up, straighten the handlebars enough to get home. Once getting home and assessing my injuries I then went to the hospital. Injuries were stitches in finger (could see the knuckle on index finger) a lot of road rash (no leathers, dress shoes, jeans, t-shirt). Needless to say after that incident I have a lot of respect for the outcome of drinking and driving and avoid it.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »

Reading you guys' stories about getting smart before it's too late is good to hear.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:01:18 AM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.