Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Who is the best dyno technician with the TTS Mastertuner in the Midwest?  (Read 19920 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint

If I was in Florida, I would go see Doc.  If I was in Arizona, I would see Steve George.  Is there anyone in the Midwest that is as proficient with the TTS as the two mentioned above?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member

I know a good TTS tuner in St Louis.  C&S Speed Shop in Alorton, Ill.  It's across the river from ST Louis.

Let me think on it and see if I can think of anybody else.  GMR is now in Fort Worth, if that would help?

The guy that tunes for Gails HD, in Kansas City is really good with a TTS, BTW.  His name is Robin.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Robin at Gail's on the south side of KC has a good rep around here.  He's been there a long time too. 

KC would be a little closer for you than Fort Worth and GMR, especially since Gail's is on the south edge of town.  But it can't be more than an hour difference for you. 

If you head to KC drop me a message.  If time allows you can collect me on the way and will ride with some that day.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint

Thanks guys, I'll give Robin at Gail's a call Monday.  KC is much closer than FW. 

Don, I'll be coming from Albany, MO but plan on a trip to Tulsa again in August.  I'll be coming thru your area then so I'll let you know and we can meet up.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Thanks guys, I'll give Robin at Gail's a call Monday.  KC is much closer than FW. 

Don, I'll be coming from Albany, MO but plan on a trip to Tulsa again in August.  I'll be coming thru your area then so I'll let you know and we can meet up.

Cowboy

:2vrolijk_21:

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down

strokerjlk in Mattoon il  and  vally racing   beechler  il

stroker did my bike  good results 
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

tjablons

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple

Anybody know of a reputable TTS tuner in Michigan?

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member

Stroker is a good tuner, but NOT using all of the variables of a TTS?  Nope.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member

Just make sure you talk with Robin. The other guys at the dealership will try and sell you more stuff and Robin will take care of you straight up.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

Stroker is a good tuner, but NOT using all of the variables of a TTS?  Nope.

Don't know anything about "all of the variables" but for a great tune, keep Stroker / Jim Kennedy in mind. 

JW

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member

I KNOW all of the variables.  Do you?  I KNOW Jim will tune, and USE a TTS, but he is NOT tuning WITH it.  He will use Twin Scan and just use a TTS for an input device.  Jim will only use PV and Twin Scan.  He has repeatedly stated TTS sucks and he has NO IDEA about it.  This HAS BEEN PUBLICLY STATED ON HTT numerous times.

The OP asked for a TTS technician and Jim is NOT a TTS technician.  Jim has stated publicly he will NOT v-tune.  He will NOT use MT8 files.  He will NOT use cam tools.  He will NOT use ANYTHING to do with how a TTS works.  He REALLY will NOT use VTune 3, and that's a fact.  I would wager both of YOUR TTS tuned bikes are tuned open loop and Jim told you that is the only way to go?  Not on your life.  Too many 120r and 124s running closed loop and running them fine, too.

So, in this, I really do NOT care that you THINK you got a good tune, the question is whether Jim can be proficient with TTS, and the answer is NO!

So, because he gave YOU a good tune, does NOT make him a TTS technician like the OP asked for....  I tune also, and I am giving examples of TTS technicians and NOT tuners in general.  As a tuner in general?  Jim is top tier. Just NOT with TTS.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:46:56 PM by wurk_truk »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

I KNOW all of the variables.  Do you?  I KNOW Jim will tune, and USE a TTS, but he is NOT tuning WITH it.  He will use Twin Scan and just use a TTS for an input device.  Jim will only use PV and Twin Scan.  He has repeatedly stated TTS sucks and he has NO IDEA about it.  This HAS BEEN PUBLICLY STATED ON HTT numerous times.

The OP asked for a TTS technician and Jim is NOT a TTS technician.  Jim has stated publicly he will NOT v-tune.  He will NOT use MT8 files.  He will NOT use cam tools.  He will NOT use ANYTHING to do with how a TTS works.  He REALLY will NOT use VTune 3, and that's a fact.  I would wager both of YOUR TTS tuned bikes are tuned open loop and Jim told you that is the only way to go?  Not on your life.  Too many 120r and 124s running closed loop and running them fine, too.

So, in this, I really do NOT care that you THINK you got a good tune, the question is whether Jim can be proficient with TTS, and the answer is NO!

So, because he gave YOU a good tune, does NOT make him a TTS technician like the OP asked for....  I tune also, and I am giving examples of TTS technicians and NOT tuners in general.  As a tuner in general?  Jim is top tier. Just NOT with TTS.

As I stated "Don't know anything about 'all of the variables'" So I hope that answers your 1st question.

I also simply stated Jim can do a great tune.  As for all the BS that occurs on HTT - I really could care less.  Just offering a midwest guy that can and does do good tuning.  Hope you have a happy Father's Day.  I'm going to go ride my bike which is probably poorly tuned and I just don't know it. 

JW 

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

As I stated "Don't know anything about 'all of the variables'" So I hope that answers your 1st question.

I also simply stated Jim can do a great tune.  As for all the BS that occurs on HTT - I really could care less.  Just offering a midwest guy that can and does do good tuning.  Hope you have a happy Father's Day.  I'm going to go ride my bike which is probably poorly tuned and I just don't know it. 

JW 

Maybe it would help if you capitalized (SHOUTED) some of that? ::)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

Maybe it would help if you capitalized (SHOUTED) some of that? ::)

Not interested in all that.  Got yelled @ for +30 yrs On The Job.

JW
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:38:02 PM by Black Diamond »

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down

Well stated Jeff. I agree with 100 percent. ...I as well will ride my poorly tune 110 cvo
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 21 queries.