Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: NEW FEATURE ON THE 2009'S  (Read 25920 times)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Re: NEW FEATURE ON THE 2009'S
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

:confused5:What a joke !!! They need to just liquid cool the motors rather than design stupid features like this on motors that should not be idleing for any prolonged periods !!! All this EPA compliance along with larger displacement motors (96 and 110) needs liquid cooling. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out  :confused5:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »

potato potato

:2vrolijk_21:

:huepfenlol2: I knew you'd have the answer, Tommy! :P :2vrolijk_21:

nightstern8

• CVO1: 2007 1200NSE1
    • CVO2: 2006 FXDI35
    • CVO3: 2003 FLSTFI
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »

I Agree. Put the Revolution engine in the road glide (or any touing model) and I'd buy one. yeah yeah, it may be smaller, only 1250cc's, but it would walk away from the stock 110 that is currently found in the CVO touring lineup...It only makes sense with one of the CVO main selling points is performance that they would actually put the best performance motor they have into a CVO bike... BUT in typical MoCo lightning fast product introduction this won't happen till 2015 or so when they run out of colors to change and parts to chrome... .
I'm excited about the day when this happens... hell, time to make a spot in the garage!

Think about this, a CVO road glide or Ultra (Whatever your fancy) with the radiators built into the lowers on the engine gaurd... the revo engine can be reworked cosmetically (install longer cooling fins on the jugs and engine case) to simulate the look of air cooled VT... they can run the cooland line in what are usually pushrod tubes and will all the space they save they can put a 7 gallon gas tank under the seat to lower the center of gravity... keep the same tank except have all the gauges that are usually on the fairing built flush into the tank, this would allow 4-6x9 speakers in the front fairing with a navigation screen directly in front of you for long distance hauls! Now we are talking about a touring bike....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »

Y'all who want the water cooling on a V-Twin complete with fake cooling fins to make it look like something it isn't - check out the Japanese manufacturers - they got your bike! :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

Y'all who want the water cooling on a V-Twin complete with fake cooling fins to make it look like something it isn't - check out the Japanese manufacturers - they got your bike! :2vrolijk_21:

That would be right......sounds kinda like a bike honda already builds.......  There is a reason I don't ride a goldwing - JMHO ;)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »

That would be right......sounds kinda like a bike honda already builds.......  There is a reason I don't ride a goldwing - JMHO ;)

Why? 

U should try a Wing!  It's kinda nice not having oil stains on your jeans!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

Why? 

U should try a Wing!  It's kinda nice not having oil stains on your jeans!

I might consider it, but the "cool factor" is pretty much non-existant with a goldwing and I really need all the help I can get ;D

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

Tommy

Look at this thread,

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25536.msg413398#msg413398

Your question about heat management is addressed.

Post # 6 I believe!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »

Hmmmmm, wonder what that sounds like? :nervous: :nixweiss:

Brian a Briggs & Straton would most likely sound better.  ;D or pull a wire off next red lite. :-\
Yea I know. ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Babkis

• CVO1: Krypto
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

I Agree. Put the Revolution engine in the road glide (or any touing model) and I'd buy one. yeah yeah, it may be smaller, only 1250cc's, but it would walk away from the stock 110 that is currently found in the CVO touring lineup...It only makes sense with one of the CVO main selling points is performance that they would actually put the best performance motor they have into a CVO bike... BUT in typical MoCo lightning fast product introduction this won't happen till 2015 or so when they run out of colors to change and parts to chrome... .
I'm excited about the day when this happens... hell, time to make a spot in the garage!

Think about this, a CVO road glide or Ultra (Whatever your fancy) with the radiators built into the lowers on the engine gaurd... the revo engine can be reworked cosmetically (install longer cooling fins on the jugs and engine case) to simulate the look of air cooled VT... they can run the cooland line in what are usually pushrod tubes and will all the space they save they can put a 7 gallon gas tank under the seat to lower the center of gravity... keep the same tank except have all the gauges that are usually on the fairing built flush into the tank, this would allow 4-6x9 speakers in the front fairing with a navigation screen directly in front of you for long distance hauls! Now we are talking about a touring bike....
Congratulations, You have been selected (by me only, so far) as the next HD designer.  :bananarock:
Can you please think of something that will stop me from putting me feet down at stop lights (other than extra wheel at the back)
Oh, and the BEER DESPENSER!!!! :drink: :2vrolijk_21:
"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true." Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)

Babkis

• CVO1: Krypto
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

On a more serious note: I just got out of a very expensive love affair with an air cooled Porsche. I had all kinds of problems, but heat was not one of them. It needed 13 quarts of oil to cool an amazing 3600cc powerplant. And if I could afford to own another Porsche, I would prefer an air cooled model. And you can ask any Porsche enthusiast, get the same answer. I am surprised that HD does not utilize their current and past relationship with Porsche to design a better engine for our bikes like they did for UROD (which is Russian for "hideous" or "very ugly" by the way - not to diss anyone, I love the Nightrod).
"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true." Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)

nightstern8

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »

There is always resistance to change.. and I'm not saying I don't love the air cooled motors, cause I do. Hell, I have three of them... It's just kinda gonna happens so you all might as well warm up to the idea. I mean the touring line already has the VROD's brembo brakes and abs shared...
I'm not saying everyone in this forum complains about the heat, but working in a dealership I know there are a lot of yuppie 'whiners' out there... and so far the MoCo is listening to them by altering the ECM to shut down the rear cylinder and rerouting the exhaust (albeit that was two part to save on production costs required for this due to the frame change necessary to produce the tri glide)... I'm just saying.. the 'aging hardcore' harley riders may just be whining themselves into a liquid cooled motor next.. and sooner than expected for all of us. Think about it before you pop off with a smart a$$ response...

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »

There is always resistance to change.. and I'm not saying I don't love the air cooled motors, cause I do. Hell, I have three of them... It's just kinda gonna happens so you all might as well warm up to the idea. I mean the touring line already has the VROD's brembo brakes and abs shared...
I'm not saying everyone in this forum complains about the heat, but working in a dealership I know there are a lot of yuppie 'whiners' out there... and so far the MoCo is listening to them by altering the ECM to shut down the rear cylinder and rerouting the exhaust (albeit that was two part to save on production costs required for this due to the frame change necessary to produce the tri glide)... I'm just saying.. the 'aging hardcore' harley riders may just be whining themselves into a liquid cooled motor next.. and sooner than expected for all of us. Think about it before you pop off with a smart a$$ response...

Which one of us would make a smarta$$ response?

OK......besides TwoLane.............

The enviable will come and just like 2 stroke bikes the air cooled bikes will be eventually impossible to manufacture one of these

days...............but until then I am not buying into it.......just plain stubborn

might as well buy metric........
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

nightstern8

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »

Hey look, I'm probably the biggest smart a$$ in here, but the reality is that eventually something like thi is the reality.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2092742660049669364fHormn?vhost=rides

or this...

it's really not that far of a stretch. Still pretty much looks like a 'badass' bike to me for those that are worried about your image more than having a great performing bike to ride...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 11:42:43 PM »

Don't disagree that maybe sometime in the future that there will have to be a watercooled bike in the touring lineup, but I hope they find something that will be on a frame that will fit those of us over six feet. I've ridden a VRod and nothing against them I just don't see myself on one for long periods of time at their present configuration. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 25 queries.