Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Need wiring help  (Read 3127 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Need wiring help
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »

Jerry, you may be remembering a conversation that came up on the sensors that work with the Thundermax.  They're a Bosch 17014.  That one had a lot of VW cross reference.
Ah, yes you are right Don.  Thanks!  :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »

Ah, yes you are right Don.  Thanks!  :2vrolijk_21:

I'm still interested in the 12028 suggested previously here Jerry.  It was $20 at O'Reilly's or Autozone or Summit.  That number happened to be what Harley would describe as the short version of the three it offers for the 07-09 bikes.  But if worst came to worst with a poor running bike in some little town somewhere a guy could extend some wire leads.

It was also interesting to read in Mastertune's documentation that the 05-06 ECMs worked with the o2 sensors.  Just requiring an appropriate matching map to be loaded.  Leads to the assumption that the system was in development by HD at least immediately prior to 05 for them to have started rolling out at least the nascent capability inside the 05 ECMs.

Still can't help but be amused, however, that for a (by Harley standards) "modern" engine monitoring system they deliver to riders in 2007 they deploy sensor technology that GM (not itself a paragon of modernity in the 1980s) rolled out in 1979 and had generally moved beyond by the mid 80s.  Hey, at least we don't have to regularly grease speedometer cables at the wheel anymore....

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »

I'm still interested in the 12028 suggested previously here Jerry.  It was $20 at O'Reilly's or Autozone or Summit.  That number happened to be what Harley would describe as the short version of the three it offers for the 07-09 bikes.  But if worst came to worst with a poor running bike in some little town somewhere a guy could extend some wire leads.

It was also interesting to read in Mastertune's documentation that the 05-06 ECMs worked with the o2 sensors.  Just requiring an appropriate matching map to be loaded.  Leads to the assumption that the system was in development by HD at least immediately prior to 05 for them to have started rolling out at least the nascent capability inside the 05 ECMs.

Still can't help but be amused, however, that for a (by Harley standards) "modern" engine monitoring system they deliver to riders in 2007 they deploy sensor technology that GM (not itself a paragon of modernity in the 1980s) rolled out in 1979 and had generally moved beyond by the mid 80s.  Hey, at least we don't have to regularly grease speedometer cables at the wheel anymore....

Guess they did not want to be on the cutting (or bleeding) edge of technology.  They wanted something tried and proven, lol.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 22 queries.