Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Thought I would try something different.  (Read 30968 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
Re: Thought I would try something different.
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2014, 06:37:54 PM »

Hmmm...if I wanted all of that gadgetry on my vehicle I would drive my car.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »

Ok, I see lots of nice comments about CHIP`s new bike, BUT the real question is will he be able to keep up the their mauto (well however it is spelled). YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HONDA.

;D

Well I suppose I would have a better chance of being stabbed in the head with a large fork by a guy riding a Harley as opposed by someone on a Goldwing...just saying. :nixweiss:

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »

Just wanted to make an observation: it took a Harley owner to improve the GW. Ergo, it's the rider and not the ride. So perhaps us Harley riders are in fact a different breed. More creative, perhaps. Just sayin'

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »

Chip,

Here is the one I had.  This picture was taken at 100,000 miles. Sort of went wild with chrome when I got it. lol

Jim

You strike me as one that likes a good deal. After a 100,000 miles I bet you did ok when you sold it.
When I went looking for mine the max mileage number was 50K and had to be in good shape. I was lucky, mine had 25.2K miles and had been serviced regularly.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »

Hmmm...if I wanted all of that gadgetry on my vehicle I would drive my car.

That's cool, make sure you have the windows down so you can get the same breeze I get.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »

That's cool, make sure you have the windows down so you can get the same breeze I get.

SBB

Yeah your right...I guess riding even a honda is better than driving a car.
I may have said this before but with a little more blue plastic and a lot less chrome the Road Glide is starting to look like a goldwing...just my observation.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »

Dave you are right.
If we (site members here) think the CVO Ultra has had a long run, the Wing has been basically the same since 2001.
I'm on a Wing forum and everyone was looking for that new 40th Anniversary Wing to have major upgrades. It didn't.
As good a bike as it is the new ones (say 06 and up) are getting long in tooth.
For Honda it appears the Wing is just a small part of their overall plan and unfortunately not a priority.
The desired upgrades are a 6 speed (yes Harley was there first) and an upgrade from 1800cc to 2000cc and up.
Mine is a fine bike that I got a great deal on. I love to ride and what I buy next will probably surprise everyone, including me.

SBB

I looked hard at a couple other brands this past year.  Had the CVO Road Glide not come out, I most likely would have added something other than a Harley to my bikes.  Really liked the Indian, but considered the Wing and BMW
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »

Jim

You strike me as one that likes a good deal. After a 100,000 miles I bet you did ok when you sold it.
When I went looking for mine the max mileage number was 50K and had to be in good shape. I was lucky, mine had 25.2K miles and had been serviced regularly.

SBB
Let's just say north of 10 k, which is a hell of a lot better than the return in a 9 year old Harley with over 100,000 miles would bring. I would probably buy another if the price was right. Although they are different they are fun and reliable. If you ever need a tire for the rear I found it cheaper to get a rim and tire from a trike shop and swap out, very easy to change. Also got my brake pads from the trike builders too.   I used to buy and sell a lot of parts for them. Still have a couple sets of saddlebags up in the attic. 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:34:17 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

At this time I own only three bikes and all are HD. I have been mildly interested in the BMW and the Indian but the Wing would at least third. Great bike for touring and a fine machine for sure but it is a bit cramped for me and the style does not appeal to me. Glad your enjoying the bike and the good natured ribbing.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »

When in Rome..... ;D
(Actually one of our bikes is a honda)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:42 AM »

Chip, the painted inner fairing looks great! Reading through this kinda makes me miss the '07 GW I had. Your color was my choice, but since they only had one new one left on the floor and I wanted out of my SEEG in the worst way I rode home on a silver one instead. The pics of that black/red were sharp!

I have a few freebies for ya while you're tinkering over the winter that I did to mine that I loved ...

1) Exhaust ... Your's still looks stock to me? I hated how mine sounded like a sewing machine in stock trim. I took both chrome caps off, got out my dremel and cut the ends of both mufflers off (which includes the tiny little exhaust choking downspout-looking pieces of pipe) and then put the chrome tips back on ... looked stock, but sounded and breathed better.

2) I hated the front-end dive and made it better by taking apart the valve in the left fork leg (I think, a little rusty and it's been a while) and again using my trusty dremel I cut part of the plunger off. If I remember right this made the anti-dive react faster so it doesn't feel as mushy if/when you hit the front brake. Read up on it before you attempt it ... I got the info from a GW forum since I wasn't the only one to bitch about the dive.

3) Wheels ... spend some time polishing and you'll be amazed what those dull, crappy aluminum wheels will turn out like ... mine looked like chrome when I was done. I pulled one wheel at a time, rotors too and went to town on them. Wish I had some pics, but that was before I had one of these new fancy picture phones, lol.

4) Does your's have the greeting on the screen when you first turn the key on? Mine did and I changed it to say "Hello Winger" ... always good for a laugh when all your buddies are ribbing you about being on a GW.

I loved that bike, but I eventually got bored with it and traded that and my Mustang GT in on a pickup and got into dirt biking for a couple years.   

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:16:58 AM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »

The more I think about it the more I think how nice that reverse gear has to be.  I suppose you don't miss what you don't have but I have put myself into situations that a reverse gear would be great for an old guy like me with a bad back, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.  Since you live so close are you prepping your Wing for a possible assault on the  Yellow -Wolf record on the Dragon. As far as I know his bike was stock with the exception of the Traxxion package and different tires.  Last fall I picked up a clean used 2012 FJR in Cobalt Blue with a heated Corbin seat, heated grips and raised bars.  I don't know how long I will keep it but when I take it out I'm continually looking for a 6th gear?  It's just something different.   I'm sure this is no surprise to you but when folks come over the first thing they say is how much they like the blue!   

Should we be checking YouTube for something like Blue Wing smashes the old time record set by Yellow Wolf! 

Enjoy the addition to your stable.   

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2014, 12:06:53 PM »

Might as well chime in too.  Chip , a couple of other things to do is take off the exhaust shields and color match them it makes a huge difference.  Also the cowl around the fog lights needs color matched as well.  You wont believe the difference it will make in the looks. One thing I always wanted to do was color match the wide silver frame piece that runs up the sides. I was going to buy the chrome cover and paint it but never got around to it. A lot of wings get the shakes in the front, I put All Balls bearings in mine, I could ride for miles hands free with no problem, I know not a smart thing to do.

isn't it great to have people help you spend your time and money.  :coolblue:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »

Hey Chip, here's what a little polishing on those wheels can do for you. These were just quickies on one of the dirt bikes. Lower fork leg before ...
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »

Lower fork leg after ...
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.