Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Just another chapter in the same book  (Read 35346 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Just another chapter in the same book
« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

I had John Golden with Rolling Thunder Dyno re-tune my bike with the Power commander. At 5,000 RPM's the HP and TQ numbers hit a brick wall and drop to the floor. Seems the clutch is slipping. Not that I go to 5,000 RPM's often, but,...well you know. I ordered a variable pressure clutch Monday. I'm hoping it will be in before Friday. They say even a monkey can install it. I'm hoping I can this weekend. I suppose this is the weak link scenario. Does this mean next the belt will break or the tranny goes out? Do ya'll ever feel like a puppy chasing it's tail?

Very true - I installed a Tamachi VPC when I did the motor rebuild.  It was very simple - piece of cake...  :2vrolijk_21:

I have an appointment for a dyno tune with John and Sandy this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. - at the 105th in Milwaukee (actually in West Bend, WI where John is set up for the weekend....)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »

Ken,

I would suggest having someone look at your clutch disks before you just throw the aim product on top of it.    at lower speeds the ami slips a little until the weights are fully in place and if your disks have a lot of wear / scortching on them you may continue to have some issues.   You may want to just put in new disks while you add the aim product if they are needing it.   Just something to consider.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »

Ken,

I would suggest having someone look at your clutch disks before you just throw the aim product on top of it.    at lower speeds the ami slips a little until the weights are fully in place and if your disks have a lot of wear / scortching on them you may continue to have some issues.   You may want to just put in new disks while you add the aim product if they are needing it.   Just something to consider.

Harry,

I know lots of folks that have used the AMI Tamachi VPC for a long time and have never heard that before...  Did you experience this?  Why do you think this?

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »

Yes I have been through this already which is why I asked him to check it, better to be safe than sorry.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »

Henry was here this weekend, and we installed the VPC. They say even a monkey can do it. We got it installed, but, we were scratching our heads a bit. It's pretty simple, but, it works. Before installing it, the clutch would slip at 5,000 RPMs and up. Now it doesn't. Before, the speedo would be climbing fast, but, feel like you hit a brick wall at 115. It was the clutch slipping. At 122 MPH it was still climbing fast, but, that's when I hit the high speed wobble I've read about. I let off the accelator and it didn't stop wobbling until it coasted down to 90 MPH. Trust me here...High speed wobbles SUCK.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »

Henry was here this weekend, and we installed the VPC. They say even a monkey can do it. We got it installed, but, we were scratching our heads a bit. It's pretty simple, but, it works. Before installing it, the clutch would slip at 5,000 RPMs and up. Now it doesn't. Before, the speedo would be climbing fast, but, feel like you hit a brick wall at 115. It was the clutch slipping. At 122 MPH it was still climbing fast, but, that's when I hit the high speed wobble I've read about. I let off the accelator and it didn't stop wobbling until it coasted down to 90 MPH. Trust me here...High speed wobbles SUCK.

HeHeHe!!! Yeah it works!!! Now keep chasing that perfect setup!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »

HeHeHe!!! Yeah it works!!! Now keep chasing that perfect setup!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Eliminate the Fairing??? NA..I'll just cruise at 121 MPH.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

I told you it was scary!  :nervous:
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 21 queries.