Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Floorboard extensions  (Read 38000 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Floorboard extensions
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »

Having installed a set of Harley Goodies' Floorboard Extenders on both of my baggers, I am proud to say I love them.  Very good stuff, and a very welcome mod to both of my machines.  I'll be doing the same to the passenger floorboards as well........if for no other reason, they make cleaning the bike easier.   :huepfenlol2:  Seriously, they do let you get your hands into places you otherwise couldn't.......or ended up shredding them in the process, by the main thing is they are so much more comfortable than stock.

I don't know why I didn't think about it before.  I didn't see any reason to do the passenger boards and never thought about how that will make cleaning the left side case so much easier.  Anything that makes cleaning the bike easier is a good thing.  Does anyone have pics of both sides with the passenger boards moved outward?  I'd like to see what they look like.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »

Well.... now that you mention it...

My college degree is in Ancient Greek... no... seriously...

They do have a word for everything. For instance, for the most common uses of the English word "love", the Greeks had at least three separate words. The average English-speaking person has a vocabulary of under 2000 words. The average Greek-speaking person at the time of Christ had a vocabulary of some 6500 words.

So, when Homer used the word "rhododactylos", it is translated into English as "dawn". What you lose is that fact that the Greek literally translates "rosy-fingered" describing the rays of the morning sun breaking across the sky from behind the horizon.

Of course, it could also describe the hand of a teenage boy on a lonely Friday night...

:oops: ??? Did I say that out loud ???

I don't know who writes the material for you and Larry, but sign him to a contract.  Good stuff.  Franklin is beginning to sound like a very scary place to visit...or not!

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »

I don't know who writes the material for you and Larry, but sign him to a contract.  Good stuff.  Franklin is beginning to sound like a very scary place to visit...or not!

ThankYouVeryMuuuuuch! LarryB and I will be here all week!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »

ThankYouVeryMuuuuuch! LarryB and I will be here all week!

:ROFLOL:

REGGAB

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »

I don't know why I didn't think about it before.  I didn't see any reason to do the passenger boards and never thought about how that will make cleaning the left side case so much easier.  Anything that makes cleaning the bike easier is a good thing.  Does anyone have pics of both sides with the passenger boards moved outward?  I'd like to see what they look like.

Hi!
I don't have pictures, but if memory serves correctly, a couple years ago Terry (Midnight Rider) had some custom spacers made that moved his pax floorboards out like 5/8" or something like that.  Looked like an inverted tear drop.  Purpose was to establish proper clearance between his Rinehart headers and Kury pax floorboard transformers (again...working from memory, so that might be inaccurate).  Perhaps Gary (Fired00d) knows where Terry (Midnight Rider) posted those pictures, or you could send a PM to Terry (Midnight Rider) and ask him.  Either way, I'm certain Gary (Fired00d) or Terry (Mignight Rider) can help you out, so you can see the difference made by moving the pax floorboards out.

Henry (HML)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »

Hi!
I don't have pictures, but if memory serves correctly, a couple years ago Terry (Midnight Rider) had some custom spacers made that moved his pax floorboards out like 5/8" or something like that.  Looked like an inverted tear drop.  Purpose was to establish proper clearance between his Rinehart headers and Kury pax floorboard transformers (again...working from memory, so that might be inaccurate).  Perhaps Gary (Fired00d) knows where Terry (Midnight Rider) posted those pictures, or you could send a PM to Terry (Midnight Rider) and ask him.  Either way, I'm certain Gary (Fired00d) or Terry (Mignight Rider) can help you out, so you can see the difference made by moving the pax floorboards out.

Henry (HML)

Henry and 1abastarsmda...

We also have a vendor, Soos,  here on cvoharley.com who offeres both rider and passenger floorboard extensions for every year model including 2009. You can find information on his products at http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33919.msg545526#msg545526. Note that all forum members get a 15% discount.

The extension kit for the passenger Floorboards is SK-3.

REGGAB

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=10470.0

That's it.  I'm glad to see my memory is somewhat intact.......even for two year old material.  Looks like that solution added enough space to get a hand comfortably between the pax floorboard and the derby cover.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »

Hi!

Henry (HML)
I believe this is the thread Henry is talking about - Kuryakyn Passenger Pegs with the spacers.

Henry if this isn't the one you were thinking about let me know and I'll search a little deeper.

Edit to add: I see Neal has already provided the link... disregard.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »

Henry and 1abastarsmda...

We also have a vendor, Soos,  here on cvoharley.com who offeres both rider and passenger floorboard extensions for every year model including 2009. You can find information on his products at http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33919.msg545526#msg545526. Note that all forum members get a 15% discount.

The extension kit for the passenger Floorboards is SK-3.

But his are black powder coat.  That wouldn't look too good at the based of chrome brackets.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.