Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29709 times)

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

Dustingaunder,

I agree. Steve knows what he is doing.  The problem is I have a setup with 2-3" funneled cores (CFRs) that he has not had any time on a dyno. I am currently running a map he sent me a few days ago but it still is not dialed in.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »

Old Harley Dude,

I've used Will up at Pokerville Ironworks in Blue Mounds, WI for all my work.  He has a Dyno guy that he uses on the east side of Madison that he swears by.  Call up Will at 608-437-2453, or stop by his Trailer at Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesday nights and tell him I sent you to him.  I've got the only 2010 FLHXSE that he's worked on, so he'll know who you're talking about.  Otherwise, you can send me an email off line if you want to talk further.

He's a great guy and really will work hard to keep your business.

Mike
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Thanks Mike.  I'll give him a call.  OHD

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »

Has anyone else had problems with the gauge nuts coming loose and falling out of the fairing?  I had 3 of them laying in the cover that is just below the fairing above the fork sliders. This piece is the color matched piece I have no clue what it is called.  Anyway, I took it in today and they said that there was another one missing and that every single gauge nut was loose.  I had them blue loc-tite them all back in place and they replaced the missing nut.  I love my dealer, but the people that built my bike have more than pissed me off a little.
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

eismcc

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 09:57:27 PM »

Read through this and it might answer the question about the sixth gear light. Doc

http://onlyharley.net/2010_model.pdf

From the PDF:
•Upgrading to helical 5this Not Retrofitable
–Results of upgrading to the helical 5thgear
•Vehicle Speed slower than indicated by speedometer
•The 6thgear light may not function correctly
•No plan for new calibration

That is a warning against upgrading an earlier transmission to the new 5th gear.

Has anyone gotten any answer on why the 6th gear light works intermittently and the cruise control quits when the light goes out?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:26:22 AM by eismcc »

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »

Here's a new one...how about the license frame wires rubbing against the rear tire!  That's right, nothing between the wires and the rear tire, found out when I put on the new Kuryakin frame.  Classic!

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »

Here's a new one...how about the license frame wires rubbing against the rear tire!  That's right, nothing between the wires and the rear tire, found out when I put on the new Kuryakin frame.  Classic!

I can understand that.

I decided that when I did the Kury frame I would reroute the wire over to the right tail light and make a small wiring harness with a zip tie.

I just am not comfortable with the stock wire route as you are/were OR with that cover box with a long screw in it. I have visions of the stud going through my rear tire.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:50:15 PM by CVOStreetglide »

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »

Read through this and it might answer the question about the sixth gear light. Doc

http://onlyharley.net/2010_model.pdf
They way I read it, it applies to non oem gears or transmissions.
My 6th gear light does not work.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »

Just started working (after I started a new thread) while riding into work this morning! I'm gald but would like to know the reason why it self fixed itself!!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

Just started working (after I started a new thread) while riding into work this morning! I'm gald but would like to know the reason why it self fixed itself!!

Before you get too excited, see if it continues to work every time for a significant amount of time, such as weeks or months.  It's pretty rare for something to fix itself permanently; much more likely that a poor connection started making better contact due to something moving.  If that's the case, and that something moves again, you could be back to square one.  Fortunately, it's a pretty simple circuit so tracing it shouldn't be a huge deal, even for a Harley shop.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

Before you get too excited, see if it continues to work every time for a significant amount of time, such as weeks or months.  It's pretty rare for something to fix itself permanently; much more likely that a poor connection started making better contact due to something moving.  If that's the case, and that something moves again, you could be back to square one.  Fortunately, it's a pretty simple circuit so tracing it shouldn't be a huge deal, even for a Harley shop.

Jerry
Now Jerry, you know these CVO scooters are MAGIC.  Ya just got them negative vibes going and that's only going to inject the reality that'll kill the magic.  :drink: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »

:nixweiss: You have to ride it fast enough????  :nixweiss:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »

My bike is driving me crazy >:(  The cruise control cuts out on its own, the 6th gear light goes out at the same time.  My left blinker doesn't work, and all the while that we have been going back and forth with the dealer on these issues they NOW inform me that my clutch pin was broken somehow during the 1000k maintenance.

I wonder if any of the other electrical problems have anything to do with some bad wiring in the left side handlebar?  The dealer has been blaming all the electical problems on the Power Commander, and Power Commander keeps telling them that there is no way their system can be causing these problems

I just want to ride...

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »

The short in the left turn signal is a known issue (I had it too)...can't say much about the rest. However, highly unlikely it's the Power Commander.
However, that's why I chose a Pro SERT and had the dealer do the dyno tune. No way to point fingers.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2010, 03:17:43 AM »

with all that I have read here about the SESG,  I'm glad I held on to my 04.    hmmm,,,  no issues...what do I do now? ::)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.