Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Rineharts  (Read 5178 times)

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
Rineharts
« on: June 19, 2005, 08:31:01 AM »

Picked up my Yellow SEEG on Tuesday. Put 500 miles on it by Friday. Put Rineharts on it Friday morning. All I can say is Rineharts Suck. The bike lost a great deal of the low end torque. I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right? I have the Rinehart quiet baffles coming. We'll see what they do.  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  BTW HD, Cox's in Rock Hill
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 08:31:41 AM by osmacat »
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Rineharts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 09:18:10 AM »

Question is......what other mod's have been done to justify the need for Rinehart's?  Without the mod's to build a performance package, putting on the Rinehart's is like "puttin' earrings on a pig"......might look a little better, but it still is what it is.     [smiley=laugh.gif]

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 10:03:32 AM »

Picked up my Yellow SEEG on Tuesday. Put 500 miles on it by Friday. Put Rineharts on it Friday morning. All I can say is Rineharts Suck. The bike lost a great deal of the low end torque. I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right? I have the Rinehart quiet baffles coming. We'll see what they do.  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  BTW HD, Cox's in Rock Hill

Now SUCK is a relative term...'specially if your Michael Jackson's relative.....sorry....like others have said, what else have you done?  PCIII...Race Tuner...SE air cleaner?

Wouldn't give up on the Rineharts so fast.  The Freedom Cycles version of Rineharts MAY be marginally better at peak numbers, for what that's worth, but don't trash your Rineharts yet...we are talking 1-2 HP difference with the Freedoms, and no appreciable torque difference for similar mods on the dyno sheets posted here.  That difference could be attributed strictly to tuning/weather factors at time of dyno.....but don't get me wrong, Freedom does make an excellent pipe, just not sure I'd say it's that much of a difference over stock Rineharts...so lets ask Hubbard... [smiley=laugh.gif]  Still haven't heard the outcome of his conversation with Gerald Rinehart regarding the Freedoms...inquiring minds want to know... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Guess we gotta keep it clean, Hub, somebody is watching, so don't use his exact language, as I can imagine it was, shall we say, colorful. [smiley=stop.gif]

The bottom line is any true dual will decrease low end torque compared to a 2-1...it's all a trade off for the sound and look you want....the trick with true duals is to try to lose LESS torque and Rineharts, with some help from a good tuner can be made to do that, plus sound and look better than any pipe currently on the market, IMO.

elvis

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:19 AM »

Now SUCK is a relative term...'specially if your Michael Jackson's relative.....sorry....like others have said, what else have you done?  PCIII...Race Tuner...SE air cleaner?

Wouldn't give up on the Rineharts so fast.  The Freedom Cycles version of Rineharts MAY be marginally better at peak numbers, for what that's worth, but don't trash your Rineharts yet...we are talking 1-2 HP difference with the Freedoms, and no appreciable torque difference for similar mods on the dyno sheets posted here.  That difference could be attributed strictly to tuning/weather factors at time of dyno.....but don't get me wrong, Freedom does make an excellent pipe, just not sure I'd say it's that much of a difference over stock Rineharts...so lets ask Hubbard... [smiley=laugh.gif]  Still haven't heard the outcome of his conversation with Gerald Rinehart regarding the Freedoms...inquiring minds want to know... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Guess we gotta keep it clean, Hub, somebody is watching, so don't use his exact language, as I can imagine it was, shall we say, colorful. [smiley=stop.gif]

The bottom line is any true dual will decrease low end torque compared to a 2-1...it's all a trade off for the sound and look you want....the trick with true duals is to try to lose LESS torque and Rineharts, with some help from a good tuner can be made to do that, plus sound and look better than any pipe currently on the market, IMO.

elvis

Thanks Elvis! You are right. They look and sound great. I just didn't like loosing the low end. I have changed the air cleaner to the SE and did the Stage 1 ECM flash at this point.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 01:10:45 PM »

You may want to dyno the bike with an RT or PCIII.  With the exact same setup that you now have, my bike was waaaaay lean with the Stage 1 download......17-1!!!!!!    No good in hot weather.  At minimum, a fuel tuner and good dyno guy can get you some marked improvements.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »

Osma(cat) quote!
"I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right?"

Yep, that's what I said.
But that's the purpose of this site.
We all try different things.

But let me help on the Rineharts.
Get in touch with 04HD103. He has as fine a running SEEG as one could ask for. I think his setup is Rineharts, race tuner and S/E breather.
At Maggie Valley he was always there. His dyno #s are what you want. I'm sure he would help. That was the best running pumkin I ever had on my a$$. But then again, he might have been holding back. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Let this site help you help yourself.
Next time your at Cox, tell Chad and Jenna "Hi" for me.

And for my bud Elvis
The Freedom set up is more about bottom and mid range.
I don't think there are any claims about more top end.
Besides only time I need top end is when I ride with Tater and Otis.

And that's when I realize
"A man can never have to much horsepower"
All I want is enough to keep up with them.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 03:14:11 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 03:42:35 PM »

And for my bud Elvis
The Freedom set up is more about bottom and mid range.
I don't think there are any claims about more top end.
Besides only time I need top end is when I ride with Tater and Otis.

I know, just pullin your chain, HD... [smiley=laugh.gif]  You took almost 7.3 minutes to respond to a Freedom comment...been busy?

elvis

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 03:46:29 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 Whoa!  Hold on a minute there, allow me to put my 2 cents worth in this conversation!  IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage.  Maximum performance depends solely on a vast combination of modifications, with emphasis on how much air comes in, and goes out of the Engine.  I would wager the Freedom Pipes would perform in kind, or worse, with the same MODS.  Success lies in many counselors.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:01:11 PM by 103tHunDer »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:37:04 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
  Whoa!  Hold on a minute there, "Mr. I want somebody to ask me what the meaning of my handle is", allow me to put my 2 cents worth in this conversation!  IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage.  Maximum performance depends solely on a vast combination of modifications, with emphasis on how much air comes in, and goes out of the Engine.  I would wager the Freedom Pipes would perform in kind, or worse, with the same MODS.  Success lies in many counselors.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    

So Hubbard, What setup do you have as far as ECM.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 05:03:54 PM »

Quote from Tater
" IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage."

Phew! [smiley=cool3.gif]

Good thing Tater held back on that one!

And for you Mr. Elvis

I was busy riding. Nancy made me come in from the rain.
I will try to be more responsive next time [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:01:35 PM by 103tHunDer »

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »

And for you Mr. Elvis

I was busy riding. Nancy made me come in from the rain.
I will try to be more responsive next time [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

C'mon jes fess up...you were out sabotaging Rineharts!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

elvis

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »

I love this site!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 08:03:40 AM »

Will other brands of mufflers fit on the Rinehart head pipes? Also, will the exhaust escaping the pipes be the same on both sides? Or different due to the length and shape of the head pipes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:06:13 AM by osmacat »
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 08:11:24 AM »

OSMACAT

What comes out of the motor comes out of the pipe!

I'm not sure if the Freedoms and or the Rinharts are true "EQUAL" length pipes.

Have you ever seen a set of Bassani's?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 12:26:17 PM »

So Hubbard, What setup do you have as far as ECM.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 I have the SE Race Tuner at present.  I'm considering the PCIII, based on recent information from my Engine Builder.  Not that I need any more POWER currently, as [bgcolor=Yellow]my "Led Sled" has yet to be "DUSTED" by another Harley.[/bgcolor]  However, I do admit to choosing my competition, for the most part, in that I target "Baggers" as my potential "victims."  As the old addage states, "It's a lot easier to get to the Top, than it is to stay there!"  I realize my day IS coming, but it ain't today!  Ride Hard!  Later--HUBBARD          
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 21 queries.