Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?  (Read 9140 times)

pripp

Re: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words. We are fully insured with replacement cost but is just the thought of someone in our home.

I know that I have extra eyes through this board all over the country so imagine the party we will have if we find it through this board!

I realize the chances of finding it at this time are less than one percent.

However, if you do see it call your local police. The info here is for the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office in Topeka, KS case #07-07345, phone # 785-368-2200 ext. 2535.

Thanks!

Ripp

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 11:05:48 PM »

Sorry!  That is one good looking RG.

I'm in central Okla., so not too far away from y'all.....I will keep a look-out.

I hope they catch the horse thief.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »

I'll keep an eye out in Colorado. May the thief have very bad things happen to him/her. Definitely pond scum in a dried up pond!

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 04:48:26 AM »

pripp sorry to hear of this  :bigcry:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »

I am so very sorry for the invasion into your home and privacy.

Thank you for reminding us that even if we are slipping down the road for a minute, to arm the security alarm.  We have a guard dog who guards our house ................ from inside.  She has access to the outside, but I guess she just feels braver with a sheet of glass between her and the intruders.  Our non-attached garage concerns us.  We made sure that the Brinks alarm guys ran wire to the garage, even though they did not want to.  We want the security system to guard what is in our garage, as much or more than what is in the house. 

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 08:45:07 AM »

Sorry for your loss, hope they catch the low life before they do something to your bike.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »

Ripp,sorry for your loss brutha,,man, right out of the garage,,a nitemare I have often,,, keep a close watch on  ebay ,,,usually parts will apear on there,,, good luck,I will say a prayer for her safe return,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

MikeD

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »

Pripp-
Start checking alot of different for sale sights, hd trader, ebay.  But dont look for the bike, look for parts, there's less of a chance that they can get caught this way.  Check pawn shops as well, most states require to Pawn shops to file what they have pawned or purchased from clients to the police via computer networks. Therefore it will show up if there is any pawn activity.  Did they just target the bike and take some other stuff as an oppurtunity or did they target the whole house.  Chance are the local PD probably has an idea on if they are local thugs or transients.  If they're local, in time they will get caught.  If they are transients, start doing your own searching for the items.  I.E. Craigs list, ebay, trader mags.  Most thugs are not computer savy, but they will sell the stuff to people who are and will try to resell it for profit.  They can also be charged for receiving stolen property.  Good luck, if I can do anything for you let me know, former Detective.  But I'm in GA so there's only so much I can do from over here.
Michael

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »

Well it's been two weeks today and no Leeds. I just got a new computer and am back on line to search ebay and other sites for my bike or parts. I believe the punks were there to burglarize the house (where they got a 50 inch LCD TV, computer, stereo, and jewelery) and when they found the keys to my bike on the dresser they decided to take it also. My wife's 05 1200 custom sportster was right next to it and not touched.
  We now have a monitored alarm system set up in the house.
     If anyone knows of an 01 SERG for sale, perferably Blue, let me know. I sure would like to replace it with another one. At least the weather is starting to get cold here in Kansas so I can take some time to find what I really want.   Later Ripp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »

Sorry for the loss of your bike...  There is a beautiful 01 SERG at Wild Boar HD in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It is not Blue - it is Black/Silver.  It has about 5000 miles on it and I believe it was at around $19000.  The bike belonged to the dealership owner and looks like a new bike.  There is a thread somewhere on the site that has a bunch of photos of the bike.  I saw the bike in person a few weeks ago when traveling thru Grand Rapids and can vouch that it looks like new...  It looks to be substaintally stock with very few add ons or alterations.  If the price isn't too steep, it would be hard to imagine a better example of an 01 around.

later...Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 10:21:50 PM »

Weird that you mention the things other than the motorcycle being stolen. Professional Bike Theives steal motorcycles - - - -period. One of these guys had to know bikes to steal it, but grabbing the other stuff doesn't make sense. Here's my guess. The real thief saw your husband riding the bike, decided he wanted it and followed him home. Wrote down the address and then maybe checked out your house for a couple of nights. Ask your neighbors if they saw a strange van in the neighborhood over the past couple weeks. Vans are the most common method of stealing bikes, two or three people load the bike in the van wheels locked and all. Once the thief figured out when he had a good chance at you not being home, he talked a buddy or two into helping him load the bike in the van and in exchange told them they could take whatever they could grab as payment. What you want to do is have your husband and any of your friends put out the word to all of the indy shops within driving distance of you to let you know if anyone comes looking to buy a twin-cam FLH style frame. Sorry to say,there's several places you can buy em. Next the guy will be looking to buy a set of engine cases, a tran case and if he knows his business, a lower triple tree. Most of these scumbags don't know about the number sequence on the lower triple tree, so if you see the bike a few months down the road, that will probably be the thing that does him in. Wish I could say something more positive, but I doubt you'll see this bike again until it's reborn and when it is, the orginal VIN numbers will be long gone and the value of the bike with em. At that point, let the insurance company keep it. It won't be what you lost believe me. Again my condolences on losing such a sweet ride.

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words. We are fully insured with replacement cost but is just the thought of someone in our home.

I know that I have extra eyes through this board all over the country so imagine the party we will have if we find it through this board!

I realize the chances of finding it at this time are less than one percent.

However, if you do see it call your local police. The info here is for the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office in Topeka, KS case #07-07345, phone # 785-368-2200 ext. 2535.

Thanks!

Ripp

Hey Ripp, so sorry to read this thread.  :( Glad they didn't hurt your Lab and that no one was home to possibly get hurt.  I'm afraid BB is right on w/ the dismal outlook of finding your scooter, but maybe you'll get lucky.  I will definitely have a eye out for anything that might lead back to this scooter.  Luck to ya.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »

sadunbar, Thanks for the heads up. Only having 5000 miles on a 6 year old bike is rare. I have emailed them and requested a quote and asked some questions. I went to there web site and they have a picture of it on the showroom floor. I am origanally from Michigan and have driven back or flown back several times. It would not be a problem for a bike like this as long as the price is reasonable and it doesn't have a fuel injection problem like so many of these do.
 I would rather have the blue, but with only 4,875 miles on it, I think I could get to like the black and silver. It appears to have a different rear seat set up then the one I owned and it doesn't appear to have the luggage rack on the trunk that I thought was stock.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »

sadunbar, Thanks for the heads up. Only having 5000 miles on a 6 year old bike is rare. I have emailed them and requested a quote and asked some questions. I went to there web site and they have a picture of it on the showroom floor. I am origanally from Michigan and have driven back or flown back several times. It would not be a problem for a bike like this as long as the price is reasonable and it doesn't have a fuel injection problem like so many of these do.
 I would rather have the blue, but with only 4,875 miles on it, I think I could get to like the black and silver. It appears to have a different rear seat set up then the one I owned and it doesn't appear to have the luggage rack on the trunk that I thought was stock.

Somewhere on this site there are a bunch of pictures of the bike.  Maybe dOOd can help point out where the thread is...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 10:35:39 PM »

Somewhere on this site there are a bunch of pictures of the bike.  Maybe dOOd can help point out where the thread is....

Scott
Don't remember the thread and couldn't find anything when I searched. However this bike is showing up on the dealers website - 2001 SERG.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.