Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?  (Read 9195 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »

There's 4 different blue SERG's listed on moco's used bike section.  One has 36k miles and is in Colorado, but no picture.  There's also a black one listed, but it's not the low mileage one you've already found.  I only looked for 01's.

Articdude

I bought one of them. (sort of a back door purchase thru my dealer here for a great price)
The one in Colorado is at Thunder Mountain Harley and I asked Talon to investigate it.
He said it's rough (by his and my standards) so it was out. Especially at 18K.
I will look into the others.
Thanks !

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:32 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, thanks for the heads up. I have been watching ebay, but this hasn't come up with my search because it does'nt use glide in the search. Ripp :dankk2:

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 02:08:23 AM »

Off-Topic...

The claws are a really nice touch...
 :drink:

John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »

Ripp,

Any luck on finding another SERG? How did you make out with the insurance company? I had a buddy who had an FXR stolen out of his garage, and the insurance paid him the "fair market value" of the bike, whatever that means. I hear others only pay you a portion of what it is worth. I'm guessing no company pays for all the stuff we put on it though.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »

Somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted. I would love to get my hands on the sob who stole your bike. It has to be the lowest of low who steal from someone else & is a direct invasion of ones privacy.  I have never had a bike stolen but did have my shop broken into years back where they stole one service vehicle cube van & all the tools that they could fit inside.I hope you make out okay on your new ride.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »

Somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted. I would love to get my hands on the sob who stole your bike. It has to be the lowest of low who steal from someone else & is a direct invasion of ones privacy.  I have never had a bike stolen but did have my shop broken into years back where they stole one service vehicle cube van & all the tools that they could fit inside.I hope you make out okay on your new ride.

I did, back in the late 70s. It was the sickest feeling I ever had. I got it back though, the guys who stole were smart enough to bust the steering lock and hot wire it, but too dumb to turn the fuel on. They rode it till the carbs ran out of gas and then dumped it down hill near my house. So I never got to see what the insurance replacement policy/value was, I did get it repaired though.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »

I had only 2 leads on it and nothing came from either one >:(. (The insurance (Foremost thru Harley) paid off real nice :orange:. They said fair market value, after calling my local dealer, was $17,500 and they would pay up to $3000 more for upgrades. After all was said and done they cut me a check after my deductable for $19,400. I thought that was fair.
    I found several good 01 SERG's , but after thinking about it I decided to buy a new Street Glide FLHX. I liked the improvements (New Stereo, 6 speed trans, 96 cubes, and ABS brakes) and only cost me a couple more grand.
    I figure I can build the motor over the next couple years and after it's about 6 or 7 years old and starting to show some wear on the black pearl paint I can put a flame job on it like the last couple bikes I had before the Road Glide. Although I keep my bikes in good condition I put enough miles on them that after 6 or 7 years of normal wear from rocks kicking up and light scratches it would require a new paint job.
    If I could afford several bikes so I didn't have to put alot of miles on one I would love to have another SERG. It was my first bagger and I really loved that bike, but I have a feeling this FLHX will fill my needs just fine :2vrolijk_21:.
    As a matter of fact I ordered it in mid December and it just came in Saturday. They started to put it together today so I am expecting to have it tomorrow or Friday. I'll post some pics here next week some time.
     It was in the lower 70's here today so I took the day off and took my wifes 1200 Custom Sportster out for a long ride. It ain't the same as a bagger, but I can remember a time I would have given my left, you know what, for one.

Later Ripp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »

I had only 2 leads on it and nothing came from either one >:(. (The insurance (Foremost thru Harley) paid off real nice :orange:. They said fair market value, after calling my local dealer, was $17,500 and they would pay up to $3000 more for upgrades. After all was said and done they cut me a check after my deductable for $19,400. I thought that was fair.
    I found several good 01 SERG's , but after thinking about it I decided to buy a new Street Glide FLHX. I liked the improvements (New Stereo, 6 speed trans, 96 cubes, and ABS brakes) and only cost me a couple more grand.
    I figure I can build the motor over the next couple years and after it's about 6 or 7 years old and starting to show some wear on the black pearl paint I can put a flame job on it like the last couple bikes I had before the Road Glide. Although I keep my bikes in good condition I put enough miles on them that after 6 or 7 years of normal wear from rocks kicking up and light scratches it would require a new paint job.
    If I could afford several bikes so I didn't have to put alot of miles on one I would love to have another SERG. It was my first bagger and I really loved that bike, but I have a feeling this FLHX will fill my needs just fine :2vrolijk_21:.
    As a matter of fact I ordered it in mid December and it just came in Saturday. They started to put it together today so I am expecting to have it tomorrow or Friday. I'll post some pics here next week some time.
     It was in the lower 70's here today so I took the day off and took my wifes 1200 Custom Sportster out for a long ride. It ain't the same as a bagger, but I can remember a time I would have given my left, you know what, for one.

Later Ripp

Losing a motorcycle this way sucks huge, and yours was in my opinion a very special H-D, but it sounds like your insurance company did right by you and at least that part of it turned out well. Thanks for letting us know

b B

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 03:53:59 AM »

Ripp,

I'm glad it's working out for you. I'm glad they paid for some of your upgrades, however as we all know, there is no way we could ever get back what we put into them. How long did you have to wait for the check? I know some companies make owners wait up to three weeks in case the bike is recovered, even though they acknowledge that the bikes are usually stripped and parted out, or shipped over seas. Do insurance companies pay extra for for special edition or limited run bikes, or are they all the same? How did they decide "Fair Market Value", did you have to find same year SERGs for sale for them to work with?

Enjoy the new ride.

Mark

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »

Ripp,

I'm glad it's working out for you. I'm glad they paid for some of your upgrades, however as we all know, there is no way we could ever get back what we put into them. How long did you have to wait for the check? I know some companies make owners wait up to three weeks in case the bike is recovered, even though they acknowledge that the bikes are usually stripped and parted out, or shipped over seas. Do insurance companies pay extra for for special edition or limited run bikes, or are they all the same? How did they decide "Fair Market Value", did you have to find same year SERGs for sale for them to work with?

Enjoy the new ride.

Mark

What I've learned in talking to people over the years who've had a motorcycle (or car) stolen is the biggest delay is the Insurance Company getting a copy of the Police Report. My agent told me that in big cities like New York, LA, Chicago etc it can take 6 months or longer for the PD to send out the report. My advice here would be if this happens to you, go to the PD yourself a few days after you've talked to the officers who do the report and get a copy yourself to give your insurance company. As the victim, I believe you have a right to the report as soon as it's completed and on file.

B B

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 01:32:15 PM »

At my PD we provide you with the your report case number and you can get a copy of the report within a couple days. Before we were computerized you could have gotten it that day. Ah, progress.....aint' it great. I showed a picture of Ripp's scooter to my guys at roll call.  When the TT races are in town, I do it again.  You never know!

JW

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

Ironhorse, I got a copy of the police report and sent it in and had a check within 3 weeks of the theft. They even called me first and said that they were sending the check that day and let me know the amount over the phone, which I thought gave it a personal touch.

To find fair market value, they called Topeka HD (my local dealership) and Riverfront HD in nearby Lawrence, Kansas, which both know me and gave them the $17,500 figure not including upgrades. The insurance co. also said they used HD Trader magazine or something like that.

Thanks Black Diamond, but if they find it now I would guess the insurance company would own it, but I would love to see the scumbag that stole it get busted. I still wonder why my house was picked. If it was totally at random or if there was some kind of connection. I will probably never know.
   I should have my new one this weekend, but they are calling for rain :divers009: Friday turning into snow  :smilie_daumenneg:by Saturday morning.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2008, 05:29:17 AM »

It's this sort of thing which makes tou want to fit a tracker system to the bike.  Then again would you want it back after it hasd been stolen - in my case I'm not so sure.   I think bike thieves over here in the UK tend to strip the bikes down and sell them as spares although not knowing any thieves I can't say for sure.

I really am sorry for your loss, you must be absolutely devastated.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »

Then again would you want it back after it has been stolen - in my case I'm not so sure.

That is a good point, getting your bike back with the fork lock, and ignition all busted, and who knows what else they may have done to it.

As for the tracking device, now days the more "sophisticated" theives take stolen vehicles and leave them in known neighborhood streets or in parking lots to "cool down", meaning if it is going to be tracked and recovered, it's usually done within the first 48 hours. That way they can keep an eye on it. If no one gets it within a few days, they pick it back up and take it to a chop shop or shipping location. Regardless how it's done, I can't imagine theives being real careful when they boost your bike toss it into the back of a truck and quickly drive off.  Well it sounds like most insurance companies give you what it's worth on a private party sale as opposed to what the dealer will take it on a trade in. That would be adding insult to injury.

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2008, 10:53:28 AM »

I like the idea of a tracking device. That way you not only find the bike fast, but maybe catch the guy that stole it.
I got my new FLHX yesterday about 3:00 and although the high here was 40 I managed to get about 70 miles on it. What a great ride. I put my clearview windshield on it this morning and am anxious to try it out today. It's about 3 or 4 inches taller than stock and about the same color ( I ordered the dark grey) so it doesn't change the looks to much, but I'm hoping that the recurve in it well help direct the wind over my head.
   Smiler, I think devastated is the wrong word here. Really pissed off and angry would fit me better. I grew up in the city of Detroit and saw a lot of devastation. I don't know if you know much about Detroit, but it was a tough blue collar city back when I was growing up. I was working on summer vacation during high school 4 blocks from where the riots broke out in the late sixties. Brother, that was devastation. I'm sure you have cities like that in the UK. Glad them days are over. The funny thing is my wife (from Kansas) didn't like Detroit so we moved here to get away from that kind of life and have 6 acres out in the country here. I never had my place broken into until we moved here. Kind of ironic isn't it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 20 queries.