Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Look What I did Today  (Read 5169 times)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
Re: Look What I did Today
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »

HML i see we are going to have to talk privately.....so i can talk you out of your money properly!!!  :huepfenlol2: seriously if i can help or give some guidance let me know.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

My last bike, I was impressing myself with how quickly the windscreen came off, and how bad a$$ my ride looked without the windscreen.  Then I went to put it back on....  
Windscreen+18 inch drop onto front fender=1 REALLY mad new bike owner.  Three chips on the front fender, but no dents....

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »

If there is no sharp crease you might get it out with the heat and ice method. I'd be careful with a heat gun, I'd get the wife's hair dryer on high and get the area pretty warm them use the dry ice. I've seen this done on hail damage before, but it was a nice smooth dent, not sharp creases.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »

looks like the fender has a crease in it. Sorry guys the dry ice trick wont work, in fact heat with the dry ice can damage the clear coat. Please dont try this at home!!!lol :D

Yep.  There is a crease.  Not a big one, but a crease nonetheless.

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

Oh and it will give you a nasty burn if you touch it... :'(

Don't ask me how I already know that.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »

A crease is doom...

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »

Unfortunately, we've all been there Henry.  I know your disgusted just the same as we all would be.  Wish I could help in giving you an idea to fix.  

Well.........I don't know about everyone else, but I do some really stupid chit alot!  Thought I was gonna get off easy since I had the fender protector on.  That thing is worthless.  Guess I'm gonna hafta start wrapping the bikes in bubble wrap, so they won't be victimized by my clumsiness.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

No biggie because of the meds for your bad wheel?   :P

:ROFLOL:

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »

Holy crap!!! This chit IS Rocket Science after all!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Yeah man.........Hoist's Law in reverse.   Weighing my options.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »

Fancy talk for"it is still gonna cost me"... ::)

Whatever I decide to do it going to cost me in both money and time.  Factor in quality, and the other two are compounded............exponentially.  That's whyI want to make an informed decision. 

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »

HML i see we are going to have to talk privately.....so i can talk you out of your money properly!!!  :huepfenlol2: seriously if i can help or give some guidance let me know.

I'll be in touch.

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »

My last bike, I was impressing myself with how quickly the windscreen came off, and how bad a$$ my ride looked without the windscreen.  Then I went to put it back on....  
Windscreen+18 inch drop onto front fender=1 REALLY mad new bike owner.  Three chips on the front fender, but no dents....

Now THAT would suck!

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »

If there is no sharp crease you might get it out with the heat and ice method. I'd be careful with a heat gun, I'd get the wife's hair dryer on high and get the area pretty warm them use the dry ice. I've seen this done on hail damage before, but it was a nice smooth dent, not sharp creases.

The dent has a crease..........I'm thinking the paint will break...........not good.

REGGAB

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »

A crease is doom...

Yessir..........will likely need to be painted............or replaced.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »

Well if you have to repaint your fender you might think about making some weld on brackets, gets rid of the rivets and you can drop the fender down on the tire and hey the fender level.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.