Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Tequila Sunrise - No Ship until December '09 ???  (Read 11840 times)

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
Tequila Sunrise - No Ship until December '09 ???
« on: August 11, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »

Just spoke with my dealer - he claims he just confirmed that the Tequila Sunrise FLHXSE models WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL DECEMBER.

Can anyone corroborate this or does anyone have different information?

Lot's of Captain Morgan and Welch's on the ground and en-route, but my pumkin ain't coming till Christmas.  >:(

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Tequila Sunrise - No Ship until December '09 ???
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

Just spoke with my dealer - he claims he just confirmed that the Tequila Sunrise FLHXSE models WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL DECEMBER.

Can anyone corroborate this or does anyone have different information?

Lot's of Captain Morgan and Welch's on the ground and en-route, but my pumkin ain't coming till Christmas>:(

They did the same in '04 on the :pumpkin:'s. They were the last to be made back when the MoCo was releasing colors in phases. Don't worry though... that just means they saved the best for last again.... Not like I'm biased or anything. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 03:14:45 PM »

They did the same in '04 on the :pumpkin:'s. They were the last to be made back when the MoCo was releasing colors in phases. Don't worry though... that just means they saved the best for last again.... Not like I'm biased or anything. ;) :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Actually, they came out with the best color first this year... :huepfenlol2: (No bias whatsoever on my part in that statement.  ::)  )

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »

Actually, they came out with the best color first this year... :huepfenlol2: (No bias whatsoever on my part in that statement.  ::)  )

:ROFLOL: You been hitting some of that Capt. Morgan already today?.... I'm just sayin'. ;) :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »

I sure hope the above statement is not the case about ship date. At the Convention Center in Sturgis the CVO rep from Harley said that they started shipping Tequila bikes the week before Sturgis. My dealer thinks that mine will be here in Sept. Fingers crossed, well if not I guess I will be bikeless (once mine sells)for a bit and will start getting my sleds ready for winter.

hhsignsupply

• CVO1: 2010 Tequila Sunrise SESG
    • H&H Sign Supply
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »

I spoke with my dealer yesterday, he said my tequila would be here October 9.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:12:40 AM by hhsignsupply »

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »

I sure hope the above statement is not the case about ship date. At the Convention Center in Sturgis the CVO rep from Harley said that they started shipping Tequila bikes the week before Sturgis. My dealer thinks that mine will be here in Sept. Fingers crossed, well if not I guess I will be bikeless (once mine sells)for a bit and will start getting my sleds ready for winter.

I've also heard 'September' from other dealers in my area - maybe the dealer I went to just wanted me to buy the Welch's he has coming in - maybe he doesn't know that the pumpkin is the fastest :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:52:00 PM by YesItsLoaded »

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »

So as of today my dealer thinks my delivery date will be 9-18.  :orange:Going to keep fingers crossed and hope that is the target date. 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »

They are typically released in phases...

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

They are typically released in phases...

Like Miker said, they do them in batches.  They'll do a batch in Rum, then Blue, then Red, and may or may not repeat the same order.  Typically one color will be produced in a greater amount than the others.  If the MoCo follows their tradition, my guess would be the Rum will be produced in the largest quantity, the Red next and the blue being the most limited color.  But I could be very wrong.   :nixweiss: :nervous:
Now if they put the CVOs on the general production line, then all bets would be off because they can come out with all the colors at the same time.

2012 FLHXSE3

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »

I spoke with my dealer yesterday, he said my tequila would be here October 9.

Guys,
I just talked to my dealer today 8/24/09. (I have a Grape on order but told my dealer I would take Tequila Sunrise.) My dealer just got an email from HD, he told me that he has a Tequila Sunrise comming OCT 5
(approx) - I said I would take it. He also said the Grape would be here NOV/DEC.
 :pumpkin: I guess the pumpkin is the fastest!  :pumpkin:

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »

That's great news!

Seems the consensus of all the dealers I've talked to in the past week who have a Tequila on order have said the same thing - ship date from the factory on or around October 9.

Does anyone know how HD decides the order it ships its bikes? I'm assuming that all the dealers put in orders at or around the same time for the new models ... but does HD ship based on location of the dealer; dealer volume or randomly?

BTW: fxstbharley2008 - Where's your dealer located?

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »

Ray Price Harley Davidson
Raleigh, N.C.

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »

Ray Price Harley Davidson
Raleigh, N.C.

Thanks (maybe HD will load up a truck with Tequila's from PA going South) :nixweiss:

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »

Tkes only about a week max from shipment to delivery - Yesitsloaded - you could be loaded real soon!

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »

October 6th for my new one. And just a point, not one picture I have seen does this color justice! It was a very nice sunny day at the showing in S.D. All I can say is " WOW " this color has Way more flake in the sun than the other two. My brother has a Yellow pearl 05 Road Glide, which really shines in the sun and he could not believe the metal flake in the sun. I am replacing my 06 Road Glide in black pearl.

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »

Great! Where are you located and who/where is your dealer?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

I'd like to see natural lighting real life photos of the Tequila Sunrise.  Anybody? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

Talked to my dealer, Richmond HD, Glen Allen, VA, yesterday, he's got a Tequila Sunrise scheduled for delivery in September and a Spiced Rum in November.  Neither have had a deposit put on them.  He decided to forego the Concord SESG on the first round and got an extra Spiced Rum as he said they have problems selling blue bikes for some reason.  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »

Talked to my dealer, Richmond HD, Glen Allen, VA, yesterday, he's got a Tequila Sunrise scheduled for delivery in September and a Spiced Rum in November.  Neither have had a deposit put on them.  He decided to forego the Concord SESG on the first round and got an extra Spiced Rum as he said they have problems selling blue bikes for some reason.  :nixweiss:

That's interesting.  The Spiced Rum are the SESGs that are sitting in  the dealerships while the Candy Concord are being snapped up right away, out here. :nixweiss:  Still anxious to see that Tequilla Sunrise..........is it a red or an orange?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:38:35 PM »

That's interesting.  The Spiced Rum are the SESGs that are sitting in  the dealerships while the Candy Concord are being snapped up right away, out here. :nixweiss:  Still anxious to see that Tequilla Sunrise..........is it a red or an orange?

The color is both orange and red with a whole bunch of a greenish (official paint speak) metallic. Here is a pic from Sturgis

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »

Another

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:30:56 AM »

wow great pictures... I can see why they did not paint the inner fairing that color.... a little to much.. I like how the pin stripping disappears....   I can not wait to see the candy concord though... have money down on that color....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

I thought it was too, but I was talking to their Sales Manager and he's the one that orders the bikes and the colors.  From what I can tell, he's right too.  The blue bikes seem to sit on the floor a lot longer there than the other colors. Both in CVOs and non-CVOs.  Reds and Black are their most popular colors.  That's why he's not concerned about getting the Tequila Sunrise and another Spiced Rum.  He knows they will sell before they hit the floor.   Don't know, maybe it's just the Richmond, VA area.   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

The color is both orange and red with a whole bunch of a greenish (official paint speak) metallic. Here is a pic from Sturgis

Ooof.  That is a very bright color..!!!   :o  Way too bright, as a primary color, for me.  8)

2012 FLHXSE3

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 01:27:13 AM »

So according to my dealer my bike was to be shipped today 9-18  :bananarock: :multi:

Oh thats right I forgot I still need to sell my 07 Serk :rifle:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:29:03 AM by Snowrdr »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 06:55:57 AM »

So according to my dealer my bike was to be shipped today 9-18  :bananarock: :multi:

Oh thats right I forgot I still need to sell my 07 Serk :rifle:

Looks like you'll just "have to" keep it!

My better half drew the line when I approached for the finances to get my SESG - "one of the bike has to go". If I could get another one past her I'd have your SERK in a heartbeat - DAMN sharp bike. Oh well, I think she is being more than reasonable in supporting my addiction. I really didn't mind getting rid of this one, I was gonna wind up in the ground or in jail had I kept it. We dubbed it the sickness of the quickness ... absolutely scary fast.

TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »

Interesting on the blues being gobbled up. I was in Stauton, Va a couple of weeks agoand the had a blue one on the floor. I needed to see the color in person, the web site doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get a sales guy to pay attention to me, no matter how many times I sat on the bike. The rental guy said the bike had been on the floor for two weeks!  :pineapple:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

Interesting on the blues being gobbled up. I was in Stauton, Va a couple of weeks agoand the had a blue one on the floor. I needed to see the color in person, the web site doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get a sales guy to pay attention to me, no matter how many times I sat on the bike. The rental guy said the bike had been on the floor for two weeks!  :pineapple:

sounds like the dealer over in Davenport... you can do nothing to get the attention of the sales people... they are to busy doing something at their desk.... but one of the real salesmen I talked to one day says they have a bunch of unsold bike in thier warehouse from years past....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

It's not just Staunton...there's a blue sitting on the floor at Orange, VA too.   My dealer, Richmond Harley, won't even order a blue SESG.  The sales manager says that blue bikes are their slowest movers and so for the cost of a SESG, he's getting another Spiced Rum instead of a blue, and that's spoken for.  He's got a Teq Sunrise coming in next month, and that's still available.  He didn't even order a blue SEUC this year....he's got a red/charcoal and orange/burnt amber sitting on the floor...but can't keep a SESG...in fact he can't keep Street Glides on the floor...they must be really popular in the Richmond area...he does have a 2006 SG on consignment, but it's been sitting there for awhile because it's, guess what, blue....amazing.
 :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »

They must've sold it, it's not on their inventory now. If I remember, that's (Orange) the Concord that they added ~$5K in parts.
They have a 10 SEUC, blue with $3K in additional parts.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

It's 9:30 am (EST).
I just got a call form my dealer. RPHD Raleigh, N.C.
My SESG - Tequlia Sunrise in!
:cucumber: :cherry: :pineapple: :pepper:
Going at lunch to see it.
Hope to pick up tonight!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

My SESG - Tequlia Sunrise in!
Hope to pick up tonight!

Great news and take you camera-may need your sunglasses too.   :cherry:

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

take alot of pictures so we all can share your day :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »

Congratulations you lucky SOB :2vrolijk_21:

Please take lots of pictures!! That is all some of us have to drool over. :bananarock:

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »

Congrats pics please

harleymike77

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »

My SESG - Tequila Sunrise in!
Hope to pick up tonight!

YES YES.........Like everyone has said - - - PICS PLEASE!  I talked to my Dealer today, and they are receiving their FIRST SESG on Oct.22 - Tequila Sunrise.......... :pepper:  Can't wait to see yours fxstbharley2008 - and CONGRATS man!  :2vrolijk_21:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »

CONGRATS on the new bike :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »

YES YES.........Like everyone has said - - - PICS PLEASE!  I talked to my Dealer today, and they are receiving their FIRST SESG on Oct.22 - Tequila Sunrise.......... :pepper:  Can't wait to see yours fxstbharley2008 - and CONGRATS man!  :2vrolijk_21:

Hey mike---still lookin at March for you?

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
Tequila Sunrise - Mine is Home!
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:33 PM »

Guys
Thanks for all the Congrads!
This color is just unbelivable!
My SESG came 6 days early I was told OCT. 5- It got here either late last nite or early today.
My dealer did not know it was comming!
I am having trouble loading picts.
I think they are too large.
How do you make them smaller?
I will post picts as soon as I find out hot to make them smaller..

04se103

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »

fxstbharley2008 I use Microsoft Paint to make pictures smaller take a look at this it will help you also.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2540.msg31150#msg31150

h8rain

• You can't buy fast, I've tried...
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »

:bananarock: Must be contagious!  I just got back from Horny Toad in Temple.  Took the Tequila Sunrise out of the crate.  The pics don't do justice to the color, its definitely red tone in the sun with awesome metal flake for sure. :worthless:

Yes, it is worthless but my bike is getting built.  Going with V&H slip-ons with new headers if they exist, hi-flo A/C, race tuner, passing lamps & some 360 degree pegs, oil temp gauge, hidden antenna, with hog tune speakers.   :pepper:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 01:33:15 AM »

:bananarock: Must be contagious!  I just got back from Horny Toad in Temple.  Took the Tequila Sunrise out of the crate.  The pics don't do justice to the color, its definitely red tone in the sun with awesome metal flake for sure. :worthless:

Yes, it is worthless but my bike is getting built.  Going with V&H slip-ons with new headers if they exist, hi-flo A/C, race tuner, passing lamps & some 360 degree pegs, oil temp gauge, hidden antenna, with hog tune speakers.   :pepper:

Congrats on the new Sunrise, Beware on the oil temp guage though, It is not a match. Not even close at night as the lighting is backlit instead of the numerals being lit. Info on it here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32093.0

harleymike77

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »

Hey mike---still lookin at March for you?
Hey Mike....... Yup - still looking like March  :(........ My Dealer has a Tequila Sunrise coming in Oct. 22.  He offered it to me.  I need to see it first.  Funny thing is, Monday I bought a Zumo 660 with the HD fairing mount, and yesterday I ordered the Kury LED license plate holder.  Kind of scary to be buying parts before I have the bike  :o

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »

Hey Mike....... Yup - still looking like March  :(........ My Dealer has a Tequila Sunrise coming in Oct. 22.  He offered it to me.  I need to see it first.  Funny thing is, Monday I bought a Zumo 660 with the HD fairing mount, and yesterday I ordered the Kury LED license plate holder.  Kind of scary to be buying parts before I have the bike  :o

From the pics I have seen that looks like an awesome color. Get down there and look at it at least.

harleymike77

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »

From the pics I have seen that looks like an awesome color. Get down there and look at it at least.
They open that day at 0900.  I'll be there at 0859..... :lolk:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Tequila Sunrise - Mine is Home!
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2009, 10:00:32 AM »

Guys
Thanks for all the Congrads!
This color is just unbelivable!
My SESG came 6 days early I was told OCT. 5- It got here either late last nite or early today.
My dealer did not know it was comming!
I am having trouble loading picts.
I think they are too large.
How do you make them smaller?
I will post picts as soon as I find out hot to make them smaller..

You probably received a cd with your camera.  Download that software to your computer, if you haven't already.  In that software there will be a place to "resize".  Ideally, you want to make them 800x600.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 21 queries.