Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: new push rods  (Read 5361 times)

fedupc3

new push rods
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:36:23 PM »

well here i am, after reading post's on here :orange: putting adjustible push rods in sounded easy,  :orange:and was UNTIL! :soapbox: and luckily i looked closely one of the ends weren't finished- being drilled thru- so now everything is on hold because it's a warrenty thing and they have to order the part -1-push rod - by itself they wont open a new set,  oh well, another day
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:31:47 AM by fedupc3 »
02 FLHTCI  SCREAMIN EAGLE 103CU,IN SCREAMIN EAGLE 6 SPEED,

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: new push rods
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

well here i am, after reading post's on here :orange: putting adjustible push rods in sounded easy,  :orange:and was UNTIL! :soapbox: and luckily i looked closely one of the ends weren't finished- being drilled thru- so now everything is on hold because it's a warrenty thing and they have to order the part -1-push rod - by itself the wont open a set,  oh well, another day

That's chickenchitpoo.  They're going to have a set to claim warranty credit for.  Whether it be the first one that was opened by you or one they open later.  Shouldn't make any difference.

Even if they're only ordering an individual pushrod for warranty replacement one would think they'd get warranty credit for whatever part number the claim was made for.  A set or an individual part still shouldn't impact their final outcome.  So they try to get cheap on the intermediate outlay and it costs you lots of time.  Humbug.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:40:43 AM »

The shop has another set on the shelf and hey will not warranty one??  :o Amazing. You ought to post about them in the Vendor report board so others know where not to shop. Also, what pushrods are they?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:54:30 AM »

Oh, man, that sucks! Sounds like a load of crap to me. You bought a *set*, they should give you a new *set* and then worry about their warranty claim. Talk about penny-wise and pound-foolish...

My bike has been at the dealership since Saturday for a dead battery. They put it on a trickle charger over the weekend and it wouldn't hold a charge. Said they had to put it on a deep cycle charger to get it to hold enough charge to register bad on the "machine" or they couldn't warranty it. That took till this morning (Tuesday). Now, they're out of batteries and won't have any until Wednesday or Thursday.

What a crock! :soapbox:

fedupc3

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »

it was a set of screamin eagle adjustable push rods,they said they couldn't open a new set, i'm going to call the other H,Dshops around today and see if they have the same pollicy, i may find another dealer! for the future

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »

When I have had a problem at the local Harley parts counter, they stated "they were not NAPA"..

What a croc, sorry about your problem.  Let us know how it works out.    :soapbox:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »

It really is disheartening to continue to read about customer service like this.  Who is the dealer?

Defective product ~  Only one right answer here, new or refund me.    On principle I would get my money back and find another dealer that gives customer service.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

When I have had a problem at the local Harley parts counter, they stated "they were not NAPA"..

What a croc, sorry about your problem.  Let us know how it works out.    :soapbox:

I've had my issues with parts of the local shop.  Unfortunately repetitive has been their carelessness and errors.  But the guys are the parts counter here are amazing.  Absolutely great people to work with and put out exceptional effort. 

They've done more than I requested or expected sorting out Harley's mis-ships or the occasional bad new part.  They're efforts in parts search are superior.  I'm lucky to have the local parts counter.

fedupc3

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »

well i took it back to them and it'll be in monday it's not a big deal unless it were ridin time and no ice on the roads but my next question is when i installed these it said to spin the rear tire ok well in 4th or 5th it was hell turningit almost feels as if the plugs were in,there not but should it be so hard?

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »

In 5th gear,  plugs out, and rear wheel up, the tire should turn pretty easy.

fedupc3

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »

yep it almost feels when you turn the wheel as if there is compresion, some spots go thru easy then it gets tough in others :confused5: :coolblue:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »

yep it almost feels when you turn the wheel as if there is compresion, some spots go thru easy then it gets tough in others :confused5: :coolblue:

the tough areas to go through are the valve openings, it should then almost want to roll on its own for the valve closing.

fedupc3

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »

ok, but it was stiff with no push rods in, as i was getting the front lobs down for the install i'm hopping i dont have another problem

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »

ok, but it was stiff with no push rods in, as i was getting the front lobs down for the install i'm hopping i dont have another problem

Maybe the PO had Total Seal rings in it? http://www.totalseal.com/

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

What else was done to the motor?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.