Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 110 upgrades  (Read 8142 times)

chief48

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2
Re: 110 upgrades
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »

It's a wonder, folks every made any power at all, before a computerized flow bench? :)
Scott

True.. we also got by with manual Dynos in days gone by, but I'm guessing you're happy that they're computerized these days ?
More information, faster and better... right ?

My post was less about computerized benches though, and more about correcting data.
Corrected figures are the only way you can compare apples with apples.. both power and flow.
Whether you got the same flow in Winter that you got in Summer.. or how the numbers compare to the guy down the road with a different make of Flow Bench or Dyno.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »

BTW, we have had a Dynojet 150 "manual" dyno since the mid-ninites.(longer than most of these internet know-it-all-shops, have even been in business, or even owned H-D's for that matter. haha)
Carb bikes only, and can tune those carbed machines absolutely fine with that.
The latest and greatest doesn't impress me a lot of times. :D
And always keep in mind that a bolt is still a bolt, and a nut is a nut, and most tighten to the right. :)
Scott

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:33:14 AM by Hillsidecycle.com »

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

Get the heads rolling, a Wood 8, H-D 10.5 cr piston, Fullsac exhaust, 58 S/E t/body with HPI's "Y" manifold, tune it, and let it eat.
Building another one of these potent combo's right now, for a client from the Cleveland, Ohio area. :2vrolijk_21:
He already had a D&D Fatcat, which is also a good choice.
Scott

That would be mine you refer to Scott!  :2vrolijk_21:   Can't wait to take delivery on that bad boy!  Take your time to make it right, but hurry up!!   :pepper:

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 06:37:58 AM »

Dennis,
Heat cycled it once, Friday, and after total heat cycles are completed, we want to get 15-20 road miles on it today, if we can dodge the constant damn rain here.
I'll be calling you today. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »

Dennis,
Heat cycled it once, Friday, and after total heat cycles are completed, we want to get 15-20 road miles on it today, if we can dodge the constant damn rain here.
I'll be calling you today. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

So it actually starts!  Good news!  :smitten:  ;D    How does it sound?  The Fat Cat is on there I presume?     :vrolijk27:
2011 CVO Street Glide
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »

Of course it "starts". ;D
Fatcat sounds great!! :)
Scott

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

Of course it "starts". ;D
Fatcat sounds great!! :)
Scott

Got to hear it over the phone!  Won't be long now!  :2vrolijk_21:

2011 CVO Street Glide

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »

I have a Fat Cat,Woods 555 cams, Scm cam plate and adj Scm rods with a ThunderMax. :2vrolijk_21: It runs great and the Fat Cat is incredible....:2thumbsup:
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 11:44:01 PM »

I have a Fat Cat,Woods 555 cams, Scm cam plate and adj Scm rods with a ThunderMax. :2vrolijk_21: It runs great and the Fat Cat is incredible....:2thumbsup:

Wrapped perforated baffle or unwrapped?
2011 CVO Street Glide

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 12:01:02 AM »

I believe it is the wrapped perforated baffle .
The sound is deep and loud when I get on it but surprisingly tame while cruising.
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 06:37:45 AM »

Got to hear it over the phone!  Won't be long now!  :2vrolijk_21:

Rolled it around twice yesterday, in spite of any tune whatsoever, very smooth.
Not looking for the power delivery at all, but you can sure tell it has something under the hood, especially with that Fatcat in place! :2vrolijk_21:
Joe is sending one of his men over tommorrow morning, to grab it.
Scott

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »

Sounds good Scott!  I would think that the tune can't even be close with the stock map in there, true? 

maybe I can hear it run again today?  Can I huh, can I huh, please?   :P   do you have the capability of taking a pic and emailing?  Or post it here?  I would like to see it with the fat cat on. You should take vids and put em on youtube for posting here!  I use a little flip video HD camera you can get at costco for 149 bux it takes great high def vids!   :2vrolijk_21:  :pepper:
2011 CVO Street Glide

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »

OK, Joe's Cycle Repair has the bike for the tune.  He is gonna have it done Saturday, so I am gonna ride up there to get it!  I can't wait!  Joe is a really cool guy on the phone, so friendly and confident and interested in doing a great job, whatever its gonna take.  He seems just as excited as me to see what he is gonna get outta this bike. He is going above and beyond to get it to me this weekend, even a ride on Sunday with his brother to shake it out and make any tweaks if needed.  

Again, it was a stock 2011 CVO Streetglide.   I had a 2010 CVO Ultra last year and went with a pipe and a tune and got 98 hp and 113 tq.  This new one stock ran pretty good, and had good low end but gave up real quick, and I thought, if Im gonna do anything more extensive, now was the time, to get more than just a pipe and tune will give you.  

To refresh, after talking to Scott on phone a few times and examining my more nearby options, I took my bike up to Hillside from Cleveland, hopefully to unleash some of the power capable from these 110"er's.  I wanted something with some street manners that will bare its fangs when called upon, kinda like a German Shepherd Schutzhund Police dog!  Scott recommended the Stage 2 head work, the wood 8 cam, the SE 58mm throttle body and of course a good pipe.  I went with the Fatcat because everyone likes it for power, even tho I am not sure I will get used to the sound of it.  I hope I do!

After a bit more conversation, I decided to go with the HD 10.5 to one pistons which would require less head milling to get the compression up to the 10.7 I think it was that  Scott likes with the wood 8 cam, maintaining the geometry a bit better.  

Nationwide search for rare 58mm SE TB and I found two and bought em both! Thought I might make a few bucks selling the second on ebay, but did not prove to be the case, at least I was able to sell it for the 10% over retail that a Dakota HD dealer charged me and got mine for ten off from an Ohio dealer.  

Sent the TB over to HPI for their siamese manifold mod which Jimmy told me would bring some improvement but that I could probably pass on with this build due to a low bang for buck factor,  but after a bit more thought, I decided to go "hole hog" and go for it anyway. I think I now own one of the worlds most expensive TB's for with the 5.3 injectors it puts it up over a  grand!  

After seeing what all this is costing me, it occurred to me  I should have just bought a 120r and sold my like new motor to offset the costs.  From what i read, the 120 makes some really good power stock without working too hard, and can be really improved with very minor tweaks.  

Oh well, too late for that now!   I am sure it is gonna be awesome anyway, and I can't wait!  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dennis

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:10:26 AM by DennisG »
2011 CVO Street Glide

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 06:40:20 AM »

Dennis,
Heard you and Joe's brother Larry, went on a "mini-tour" of the Lake George area.(Americade was just there)
Scott

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »

Dennis,
Heard you and Joe's brother Larry, went on a "mini-tour" of the Lake George area.(Americade was just there)
Scott

Yes, Joe and Larry were very hospitable and Larry and his wife took my girlfriend and I on a guided tour!   We saw the Saratoga battlefield, Lake George, and many other beautiful sites!  The towns there were really cool and had lots of night time activity and lots of motorcycles parked along the streets.  I definitely want to check it out again up there and spend a bit more time. Lots of great twisty roads and that Larry likes to ride fast!!!

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 21 queries.