Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Saddle bag speakers  (Read 22814 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Saddle bag speakers
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 09:36:12 PM »

Maybe they come with auto bilge pumps already installed.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »

Looks to me like they are not flat and are tilted up at the rear

Any water should fly out one you get moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

JMJOHN

• JMJOHN
  • Vendor
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »

the Rock-in-tops brand out of TX uses the J&M 7.25" ROKKER series speakers in their lids ,,,,, they really kick butt ,,, see at http://www.rockntops.com/products.php ,,,
JMJOHN ,,, John@Jmcorp.com ,,,,

J&M Corporation CVO Member Discount

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »

I would not like to see water in my saddlebags, therefore I don't see lid speakers on my ride in the future.
Hawg

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »

I would not like to see water in my saddlebags, therefore I don't see lid speakers on my ride in the future.

Hawg, like any other marina sealer application, the speakers are waterproof and sealed off from the back side. No water will leak into your bags unless the speaker is ripped or the speaker housing seal leaks.

My question was how to get rid of the water in the recess in the saddlebag lid.

My feeling is they will have to physically drained to rid the water, like when washing the bike or after rain when the bike is parked.

Cars have many areas where the have drain tubes built in, like around front and rear windows in the cars from the '60s etc. I'm sure some today have them too.

I'm still on the fence about lid speakers on my '09 SERG. I want to add lowers at some point, but getting much bass from added lower speakers might be a bit more difficult than bag lid speakers that can house larger speakers. I could also use the lowers' storage too.

Just thinking of all the money I could spend on lowers lid speakers.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »

I agree with you Dan  :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

The bagger audio lids have a water proof barrier that goes in before the marine grade speakers. I read the installation instruction before ordering. The water proof barrier looks like a piece of the outwears material like I used on my dirt bike and quad air cleaners to keep them dry. Similar to the rain cover for your air cleaner.
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »

The speakers are slanted down towards the front of the bag and the speaker grill wraps around the lid of the bag.  There are two ways to get water out, turn up a bass thumpin song and let the speakers "push" the water out, or the operator's guide way, open the bag up and with the lids upside down, gently shake the lid up and down to get the water out.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »

From HD's installation instructions for the saddlebag speaker kit, p/n 76000202:

IN USE
A small amount of water may at times collect in the speaker
cavities while parked outdoors. The saddlebag speakers are
weatherproof, and the heat from speaker operation would soon
evaporate the water, but there could be a temporary effect on
sound quality. To promptly empty the speaker cavities, lift the
saddlebag lids.

Carl

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 09:33:28 AM »

I have a set of the speaker lids made by cycle sound and they sound great but they are also really good funnels I mean they take on water like no other don't buy them if you like your stuff dry . I have sent them back twice now and finally have got them to take them back but the cost of all my paint they will do nothing about so dont buy from this company.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:17 AM »

I have a set of the speaker lids made by cycle sound and they sound great but they are also really good funnels I mean they take on water like no other don't buy them if you like your stuff dry . I have sent them back twice now and finally have got them to take them back but the cost of all my paint they will do nothing about so dont buy from this company.

There's a pair of HD OEM (they say they don't leak) for sale in the selling thread right now.  The paints scratched up pretty good but doesn't look like it went into the plastic.....since you'd have to paint them anyway.  Make him an offer....all he can do is say "no thanks". :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »

Even with the barrier in place? Did you seal everything including screws per the instructions?If so this is some bad news for me since mine are out getting a premo CVO paint job done on them! WTF! You are the first person I have heard this from with the cycle sounds lids? Man I will have over $1K in these and if they leak I am not going to be a happy camper!!!!  :nixweiss:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »

There's a pair of HD OEM (they say they don't leak) for sale in the selling thread right now.  The paints scratched up pretty good but doesn't look like it went into the plastic.....since you'd have to paint them anyway.  Make him an offer....all he can do is say "no thanks". :nixweiss:

Hmmmm....  I believe they are the J&M lids; not HD's OEM lids.

Carl

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »

and the grills come with the speakers not the lids, so you can't really just buy the lids and put aftermarket spearkers in them.

You can buy the lids, grilles, and speaker baskets separately.  TIF2 is doing a major audio project on his SESG2 and using the HD saddlebag lids, grilles, and baskets with JL speakers.  I'm doing a less ambitious project using the HD lids and grilles w/ 6x8 Rockford Fosgate speakers.  I'm not using the speaker baskets because they are too shallow for the depth of the RF speakers and magnet size.

Carl

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »

You can buy the lids, grilles, and speaker baskets separately.  TIF2 is doing a major audio project on his SESG2 and using the HD saddlebag lids, grilles, and baskets with JL speakers.  I'm doing a less ambitious project using the HD lids and grilles w/ 6x8 Rockford Fosgate speakers.  I'm not using the speaker baskets because they are too shallow for the depth of the RF speakers and magnet size.

Carl
Does those spkrs. have some form of 'protective covering' on the backside to protect them from objects in the saddlebag, or would that not be a concern?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.