Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Deep South Eagle  (Read 15351 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Deep South Eagle
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »

My buddy Ed, Deep South Eagle went down this morning about 8:00 AM. Some of the details are still sketchy, but, sounds like he's going to be OK. He may have some busted ribs etc. He had three deer come out at him. Evidently he barely brushed one of them and another one came back and ran into him. It knocked him from the bike and threw him down in a ditch. No-one knew he was there, but he managed to call the local sheriff from his cell phone. Luckily he was wearing a helmet and his leathers. I'll post more information as if becomes available. Everyone say a prayer he's allright.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Deep South Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »

Ken

Keep us informed.
Our prayers are with him!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »

Sorry to hear of this. I'll keep him in my thoughts, prayers, and wish him a speedy recovery.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:35:23 PM »

Please keep us all posted! Send Ed and Trish my best wishes and lot's of hugs and kisses. I love those guys! My thoughts and prayers are with them.
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »

My buddy Ed, Deep South Eagle went down this morning about 8:00 AM. Some of the details are still sketchy, but, sounds like he's going to be OK. He may have some busted ribs etc. He had three deer come out at him. Evidently he barely brushed one of them and another one came back and ran into him. It knocked him from the bike and threw him down in a ditch. No-one knew he was there, but he managed to call the local sheriff from his cell phone. Luckily he was wearing a helmet and his leathers. I'll post more information as if becomes available. Everyone say a prayer he's allright.

Dammit, like we don't get enough bad news around here these days! Please send him my best. I'm glad it's not worse, but hate to here this chit Ken. I'll call you later, but Ed and Trish are in our thoughts, and our hearfelt concern. I hope he gets well soon!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »

Cheri and I are going to head to the hospital just to show Trish some backup support. Nothing we can do though. I'll keep ya ll posted. his bike was ridden home by someone, so, it's not totalled. Not that I'm so worried about the bike, but, the less it's tore up, the better shape Ed must be in.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »

Roll on shooting season - give your mate my best wishes

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 01:02:46 PM »

Ken & Cheri,

Tell Ed and Trish we send our best. Hope he's up and around in no time.

Damn deer.

Georgia Man Gored to Death by Deer

:indian_chief:

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

Prayers are with him and lets hope the guilty parties get the full rath of the law
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »

Wow HB, you're having a tough time with friends on bikes this weekend.  They say it happens in threes.  I'm not superstitious but I'd stay off mine for a couple days if I were you.  I'm glad your friend will be OK...
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

Ken,

Please pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ed, and we will prey for the same.

Travis

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »

Ken...give Ed and Trish my and Suzanne's love and hopes that he is not banged up too badly and will be back on the road again soon.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »

Ed's going to be OK, but sore for some time. He might have a broken wrist and he does have 2 or 3 broken ribs. He's going to be in a lot of pian for a while.

He said he was running 80 MPH and before he could even blink there were 4 deer. Three of them were in his lane and darted off the road leaving one on the other side of the road. He thought maybe he had a "hole" to blast through as he was doing 80 MPH or so. Not to happen though. Two of the three deer went back across to check on their buddy. He plowed right into the side of one of them and the second one rammed into the side of him knocking him off the bike. Says it was like hitting a brick wall. Next thing he knows, he's sliding down the highway, then tumbling a while, then sliding for a while. He slid off the blacktop and down a deep ditch. when he finally stopped moving he was face down with his head on a log like it was a pillow. He could still hear Stevie Ray Vaughn playing on the Cd player as he laid there for 30 minutes or so. He raised his arm as traffic went by, but realized no-one could see him in the bottom of the ditch. He managed to get his cell phone and call the place he works and they sent an ambulance. His bike had landed in some brush between two trees and was still upright, with Stevie Ray playing. The guy with the tow truck ended up riding his bike back to his house, so it's not too torn up.

All in all he's very lucky. Very little road rash as he had on all the leathers and a helmet. He's always been on my case about wearing a helmet. I imagine that will only get worse. I'll look forward to when he is back riding and on my case again.

I told him all the site members are showing concern and praying for him.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 06:02:15 PM »

Ken,
Thanks for the update. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »

Dang!!!

Big Ed Down... and no deer meat to show for it...that just sucks!!!

I will have to go by the Hospital tomorrow and check on him.
He cooked some mean ribs at Ken's this year and now has broken three
of his own...just aint right!!!

Were praying for you buddy...hope you get well soon and have a speedy
recovery...

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 12:13:52 AM »

Ed's going to be OK, but sore for some time. He might have a broken wrist and he does have 2 or 3 broken ribs. He's going to be in a lot of pian for a while.

He said he was running 80 MPH and before he could even blink there were 4 deer. Three of them were in his lane and darted off the road leaving one on the other side of the road. He thought maybe he had a "hole" to blast through as he was doing 80 MPH or so. Not to happen though. Two of the three deer went back across to check on their buddy. He plowed right into the side of one of them and the second one rammed into the side of him knocking him off the bike. Says it was like hitting a brick wall. Next thing he knows, he's sliding down the highway, then tumbling a while, then sliding for a while. He slid off the blacktop and down a deep ditch. when he finally stopped moving he was face down with his head on a log like it was a pillow. He could still hear Stevie Ray Vaughn playing on the Cd player as he laid there for 30 minutes or so. He raised his arm as traffic went by, but realized no-one could see him in the bottom of the ditch. He managed to get his cell phone and call the place he works and they sent an ambulance. His bike had landed in some brush between two trees and was still upright, with Stevie Ray playing. The guy with the tow truck ended up riding his bike back to his house, so it's not too torn up.

All in all he's very lucky. Very little road rash as he had on all the leathers and a helmet. He's always been on my case about wearing a helmet. I imagine that will only get worse. I'll look forward to when he is back riding and on my case again.

Ken,  SO glad to hear that Ed is somewhat OK...he'll heal up and be riding again before you know it.  He's right to be on your ass about the helmet thing, and you know that at some level.  Ed is one of those guys who looks like he could pinch off your head and chit down your neck (and probably could), but I liked the guy right off the bat because he's real...

I'm just glad to hear it didn't turn out worse...please give both him and Trish our love and if there is anything we can do, you got the number!!

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 06:03:35 AM »

Dang!!!

Big Ed Down... and no deer meat to show for it...that just sucks!!!

I will have to go by the Hospital tomorrow and check on him.
He cooked some mean ribs at Ken's this year and now has broken three
of his own...just aint right!!!

Were praying for you buddy...hope you get well soon and have a speedy
recovery...

Barry

Last night I asked him, Did it kill the deer? He was drugged up, but said. "I sure as hell hope so."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 07:31:43 AM »

I thought I've seen mention of them here before.  Is there a deer whistle for our bikes and do they work?  We have an  over population of ungulates in my area and it's scary at times.....

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »

So glad to hear that Ed is ok.

That is my biggest fear in riding my bike is that chance that an animal will come out in front of me. I really don't know how I would/will react to it. It's one thing to learn about that stuff in the safe riders course but it's a totally different thing when it happens in real life.

Get better soon, Ed. We are all thinking about ya.

Kathy

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

Ed, Get Better SOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broke ribs are real sore, for a real long time.  Don't get a cold at all costs, ya can't stand the pain of coughing.  Not that a broke wrist is any walk in the park either.  We sure are glad though, that you lived through the ordeal.  What an eerie feeling to be off the road, no one able to see you to even know that you could use help.  What a wonderful thing that Ed could get to his cell phone to call for help. 

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »

Damn sorry to hear about this close encounter. 
Last night I asked him, Did it kill the deer? He was drugged up, but said. "I sure as hell hope so."
  Now that's a good attitude, even if they were out of season.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hope he recovers quickly and his scooter isn't in too bad a shape.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

We tried to call and check on Ed last night but didn't get through. Evidently the night before last, he spent in ICU. They kept running him through X-Ray and cat scans. I'd imagine they're looking for brain damage just in case. He took a nasty spill. Ended up he had 6 ribs broke not four. Of course none of the ones that were broke before.

That man is A-ok. The other day in the hospital he was drugged up pretty good and his sense of humor and story-telling abilities was shining. I can always learn from him. I learned how to get an armidillo out of a hole. According to Ed:

If you see an armidillo in the middle of a field and chase him, it will outrun you, and dig a hole and bury itself before you get to it. All but it's tail. It never gets it's tail buried. AND, you can not pull it out by it's tail. It will bury it's claws in the dirt. But, if you'll grab it by the tail, and rub a stick across it's ass..It will back out.

Never ending source of information. I bet you can't find that info online!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 03:43:12 PM »

Hey gang, I just got off the phone with Big Ed. He was transferred to a room from the ICU this morning. He's one hurting puppy right now. He broke 6 ribs, 3 thru 8 on the right side, and broke his left wrist. He hit one deer at 80, and as that was occurring, another came back and ran into him, right at his ribcage. He said he laid there for about 45 minutes because he couldn't move. About 100 cars had gone past, but no one saw him in the ditch. Finally he bit the bullet and searched for his phone. His leather and helmet saved his life. This is one big strong boy, who always wears his lid. It's got me considering my past riding practices about wearing a helmet.

That aside, it was great hearing his voice. He sounded like he was hurting bad, but was still in generally good spirits. He's glad he's not dead, and so are we! Trish, his wife, is now doing OK to, knowing Ed will be fine. she was pretty shaken by this also, as she rides with him a lot. It makes us all realize how vulnerable we are. I try not to think about it, but when it hits close to home, you can't help but thinking about it. Ed is one fine rider, and I'm sure there was no way of avoiding this. I'm just happy he's still sucking air and walking, and knowing that he'll make a full recovery!

Feel better Ed! Binx and my thoughts are with you and Trish always! Should you need anything at all, we're there for you brother. Just get that big ass of yours better soon and back in the wind! We love you and hope to see you guys soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »

Hey gang, I just got off the phone with Big Ed. He was transferred to a room from the ICU this morning. He's one hurting puppy right now. He broke 6 ribs, 3 thru 8 on the right side, and broke his left wrist. He hit one deer at 80, and as that was occurring, another came back and ran into him, right at his ribcage. He said he laid there for about 45 minutes because he couldn't move. About 100 cars had gone past, but no one saw him in the ditch. Finally he bit the bullet and searched for his phone. His leather and helmet saved his life. This is one big strong boy, who always wears his lid. It's got me considering my past riding practices about wearing a helmet.

That aside, it was great hearing his voice. He sounded like he was hurting bad, but was still in generally good spirits. He's glad he's not dead, and so are we! Trish, his wife, is now doing OK to, knowing Ed will be fine. she was pretty shaken by this also, as she rides with him a lot. It makes us all realize how vulnerable we are. I try not to think about it, but when it hits close to home, you can't help but thinking about it. Ed is one fine rider, and I'm sure there was no way of avoiding this. I'm just happy he's still sucking air and walking, and knowing that he'll make a full recovery!

Feel better Ed! Binx and my thoughts are with you and Trish always! Should you need anything at all, we're there for you brother. Just get that big ass of yours better soon and back in the wind! We love you and hope to see you guys soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I couldn't have said it better myself. WE LOVE YOU ED AND TRISH! Anything you need, just call on us. Ed, get bettter soon...get those ribs better so I can hug ya hard when I see you. xoxo   :love_1:
wut?

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »

Dress to ride and live to ride another day - Glad he is on the mend  and wishing him a speedy recovery, It just goes to show you that you will never see it comming that's why they call them accidents. We meet Ed & Trish in Hot springs look like he can get that rode glide afer all.

God speed ED  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:27:31 PM by VAZHOG »

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »

just did a search for motorcycle deer whistle.  Here is one called a Hornet.  It's not air driven so it works at low speeds also.  There is also a chrome fork mount bracket from a different company that fits HDs.  Does anyone have this set up?  Any opinions?

http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/Deer_Whistle_Mounting_Clamp_p/pc4024.htm

http://www.ridesafer.com/product_p/hnt120-bc.htm

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »

just did a search for motorcycle deer whistle.  Here is one called a Hornet.  It's not air driven so it works at low speeds also.  There is also a chrome fork mount bracket from a different company that fits HDs.  Does anyone have this set up?  Any opinions?

http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/Deer_Whistle_Mounting_Clamp_p/pc4024.htm

http://www.ridesafer.com/product_p/hnt120-bc.htm

Deer Whistles are BS , Buy'em if they make you feel better but no proof exist that they work, they only make you sit lower in the seat from having less money in your wallet.

He was doing 80MPH - ON an HD the Deer Heard something (HIM) they have the same hearing as a human ( I can't hear a deer whisle either or a deer sing for that matter). That's why they were  stopped standing in the middle of the road!

When Deer Hear or see something (Head lights) they pause and at 80 you don't have to pause long to get hit.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 11:33:15 AM »

Deer Whistles are BS , Buy'em if they make you feel better but no proof exist that they work, they only make you sit lower in the seat from having less money in your wallet.

He was doing 80MPH - ON an HD the Deer Heard something (HIM) they have the same hearing as a human ( I can't hear a deer whisle either or a deer sing for that matter). That's why they were  stopped standing in the middle of the road!

When Deer Hear or see something (Head lights) they pause and at 80 you don't have to pause long to get hit.

Wayne

"Deer Whistles are BS", now that cuts right down to it. I have thought the same way myself, but then someone is  going to say "no proof that they don't work." To that I say, buy one and put it on.

It does make me nervous when the woods are close and the road is dark.
Wayne, you got any suggestions?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »

Wayne

"Deer Whistles are BS", now that cuts right down to it. I have thought the same way myself, but then someone is  going to say "no proof that they don't work." To that I say, buy one and put it on.

It does make me nervous when the woods are close and the road is dark.
Wayne, you got any suggestions?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I don't know why with your truck and trailer you should be able to smash'em  ;D

1. Slow Down
2. Check your local hunting laws (season and types)* allowed.

Here in VA  some Counties allow Hunting of deer with DOGS meaning they chase them and that will have a deer run out and over you even before you see it. (Crazied ) No Afermarket product will save you.

I could say I have Elephant whistles on my bike that's why I have not hit one - Untill someone proves they don't work why not add one to your bike just in case.

I said " Buy if you want to"

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:11:07 PM by VAZHOG »

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »

I don't know why with your truck and trailer you should be able to smash'em  ;D...
Here in VA  some Counties allow Hunting of deer with DOGS meaning they chase them and that will have a deer run out and over you even before you see it. (Crazed ) No Aftermarket product will save you.

I could say I have Elephant whistles on my bike that's why I have not hit one - Until someone proves they don't work why not add one to your bike just in case....
Wayne, you are pretty funny - ya know that Chip and Nancy actually do ride their bikes sometimes and don't just trailer them. 

Even if ya hit a deer with a truck, the end result is not going to be pretty.

Re the dogs chasing deer - the deer are crazed and come out of bushes just scrambling, literally running for their lives. It is kinda sad. 

Another problem with the dogs, is that they too come out of the bush on a trail of something and they don't have any common sense either.  I have seen a whole lotta dogs out this way that you end up trying to dodge as they run across, up and down the road on a scent. 

Any animal that is bigger than I can eat at one sitting is too big for me to want to hit with my bike.  What kinda whistle can you buy to cover all varmints bigger than that?

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

Wayne, you are pretty funny - ya know that Chip and Nancy actually do ride their bikes sometimes and don't just trailer them. 

Even if ya hit a deer with a truck, the end result is not going to be pretty.

Re the dogs chasing deer - the deer are crazed and come out of bushes just scrambling, literally running for their lives. It is kinda sad. 

Another problem with the dogs, is that they too come out of the bush on a trail of something and they don't have any common sense either.  I have seen a whole lotta dogs out this way that you end up trying to dodge as they run across, up and down the road on a scent. 

Any animal that is bigger than I can eat at one sitting is too big for me to want to hit with my bike.  What kinda whistle can you buy to cover all varmints bigger than that?

Turn your raido WAY UP, That's the way I ride -Remember,It's not that I can't hear it's so the other stuff may hear me first :)  So far so Good.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »

any update on Ed's condition? So sorry to hear about it...had a really bad spill myself in 1990-they told me I'd never be able to use my right leg again. Showed them! Best wishes to Ed and his family, you'll be in my prayers.

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

any update on Ed's condition? So sorry to hear about it...had a really bad spill myself in 1990-they told me I'd never be able to use my right leg again. Showed them! Best wishes to Ed and his family, you'll be in my prayers.

Flyndyna

As a matter of fact, yes. I just got off the phone with him. His pain meds have been reduced, and he sounds so much more alert. He'll be in the hospital at least til Monday or Tuesday. He's still a hurting puppy, but he was able to start walking a little today. Painful, but getting stronger. The wrist is still very swollen, and they can't fully assess it until the selling subsides a little. But they think it's fractured. It'll be set and casted after they can get a clear picture of the damage. Lots of bruises, lots of pain. But he's sucking air and walking. That's the main thing. He'll get better each day, til he's good as new! I sent regards and prayers from everyone here. He thanks all ya'll for your thoughts.

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »

I stopped by the hospital last night to see Ed. Saturday was a rough day. Some of the meds had him sick as a dog. They changed it and it's better now. He's gotten pneumonia now. They say that's pretty common whenever you have roken ribs because you aren't breathing so well. He's hoping to go home in a day or two.

In my humble opinion, deer whistles aren't worth squat. I've use them and hit deer with a cage. Living in an area with this many deer it's something we deal with al the time. I hit one with the truck just last year. There wasn't time to do anything. I didn't even touch my brakes.

The fall of the year deer are moving more than the summer time. Early in the morning, late in the evening and after dark are the worst times. If I catch myself out at these times, esp in the fall, I try and avoid the back roads as much as possible. I know the local roads where I see the most deer. Those are the roads I'll avoid. Not to say you won't hit one on the interstate too.

A friend of mine gave me the best advise I ever heard, and you don't have to buy anything. If you see a deer, BLOW YOUR HORN. The deer will normally head off the road asap. I've tried it, and it works. Problem is, I usually am too busy hitting the brakes and steering to avoid the beast and forget the horn.

I wish they were all dead. I'm sure the tree huggers will think less of me.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 07:51:46 AM »

I stopped by the hospital last night to see Ed. Saturday was a rough day. Some of the meds had him sick as a dog. They changed it and it's better now. He's gotten pneumonia now. They say that's pretty common whenever you have roken ribs because you aren't breathing so well. He's hoping to go home in a day or two.

In my humble opinion, deer whistles aren't worth squat. I've use them and hit deer with a cage. Living in an area with this many deer it's something we deal with al the time. I hit one with the truck just last year. There wasn't time to do anything. I didn't even touch my brakes.

The fall of the year deer are moving more than the summer time. Early in the morning, late in the evening and after dark are the worst times. If I catch myself out at these times, esp in the fall, I try and avoid the back roads as much as possible. I know the local roads where I see the most deer. Those are the roads I'll avoid. Not to say you won't hit one on the interstate too.

A friend of mine gave me the best advise I ever heard, and you don't have to buy anything. If you see a deer, BLOW YOUR HORN. The deer will normally head off the road asap. I've tried it, and it works. Problem is, I usually am too busy hitting the brakes and steering to avoid the beast and forget the horn.

I wish they were all dead. I'm sure the tree huggers will think less of me.

Ken

thanks for the accurate update on Ed.
it just takes time to get better
drugs man, make sure he gets the good ones
but not to many
I'm ready for a cookout @ the Hogbreath ranch before winter gets here.
(nothing like a self invitation)  ;)

I'm with you on the deer, and being in my business the tree huggers don't like me either
till they need a job and then they are my bestest friend

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:44 PM »

Good to hear Ed's going home, it's always better to recuperate in your own surroundings. As far as the deer-ask a tree hugger to try hugging one of their cute little furry woodland friends, especially during rutting season. Perhaps that will show them how sweet and innocent they are! I really like deer myself, I think they taste great barbecued with Old No. 7 sauce...but I certainly prefer them on a plate rather than the road.

Flyndyna 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 03:46:07 PM »

EXCELLENT NEWS!

Just got a call from Ed and he is homeward bound! He is more than thrilled after spending the last week in the hospital. He's still hurting but his lovely wife was chauffeuring him home VERY gently to his awaiting recliner to continue his recuperation. He's in great spirits and asked me to post this update and let all the well wishers know that he's on mend and appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and support!

He hasn't gotten any word on his bike, but it has already been delivered to our local HD dealership to get it all better too!

We can't wait till both you and your bike are back to 100%! I'll be keeping an eye out for double nickel!!

I like shiny stuff!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »

Thanks for the update that's great news. :2vrolijk_21: Maybe we can get him in here while he's recuperating to help him get better.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »

Great News!! now he has a reason to get a new bike - Should be easy to total it out, They make a new one everyday. ;D

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »

So happy to hear Ed is on his way home. Kisses to Ed and Trish!  :-*
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 04:05:20 PM »

Awesome news Cheri, especially after hearing the "medication" story from Ken last night! Send him our best and I'll be calling him soon! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

That's GREAT news.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »

Great News!  I don't care how sick you are, you just feel better at home being cared for by someone who loves you.

Thanks for the update.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »

Talked to Trish last night and Ed is happily settled into his Recliner and running her ragged making demands! Just kidding! He's doing great except for his need to sneeze. Apparently that is the utmost insult to broken ribs! Don't worry Binxie, I told him about pineapple and he was repeating that mantra cracking me and Trish up! (but it works!!)

Trish asked me to again thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and support. Couldn't say enough about the great support that this CVO family provided and made things just a little bit easier to bear through this tough time! SO, thanks again everyone!!
I like shiny stuff!

harleydiva

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

Please tell Ed and Trish that we are thinking about them and anxiously awaiting a barbq cookout.  Maybe he could barbq some deer.   :2vrolijk_21:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »

Hey Suzanne!!

I sure will pass that on! I dunno about the deer tho, as damn tough as Ed is and that deer got him?? It be so damn tough it wouldn't be worth eatin'!! Ed's ribs can NOT be beat for sure!

We definitely have to plan another BBQ that YOU can make this time! We had a blast and always ready for some more fun!!
I like shiny stuff!

harleydiva

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

Hey Suzanne!!

I sure will pass that on! I dunno about the deer tho, as damn tough as Ed is and that deer got him?? It be so damn tough it wouldn't be worth eatin'!! Ed's ribs can NOT be beat for sure!

We definitely have to plan another BBQ that YOU can make this time! We had a blast and always ready for some more fun!!

Sounds like a plan!   :2vrolijk_21:   :drink:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »

I also talked to Ed yesterday. He's out and about and walking some. Says it doesn't hurt to walk. Worst part is trying to lay down in bed, or get up. Those ribs will take a while to get over.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »

I also talked to Ed yesterday. He's out and about and walking some. Says it doesn't hurt to walk. Worst part is trying to lay down in bed, or get up. Those ribs will take a while to get over.

Ken...glad to hear the big guy is up and moving around!!  That is encouraging news.  He'll be a while with the ribs healing up, but being back on his feet is a good sign!  Any news on the damage to the scooter?

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »

Glad to hear this. :2vrolijk_21: Ken just don't go over to see him and make him laugh I can imagine that's not much fun either. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »

Big ED,

Sorry to hear the news of you accident, best wishes and hope the recovery is speedy now that you are back home.

SOKOOL

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »

Ken...glad to hear the big guy is up and moving around!!  That is encouraging news.  He'll be a while with the ribs healing up, but being back on his feet is a good sign!  Any news on the damage to the scooter?

Terry, I looked at it the other day while at the dealer. It's actually not too banged up. But, you know how that goes, NOT too banged up could be $10,000! The biggest thing that caught my eye was a HUGE dent right on the side of his helmet. YIKES. That could have been bad. Ive worn my helmet ever since his accident.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2007, 07:55:29 PM »

Terry, I looked at it the other day while at the dealer. It's actually not too banged up. But, you know how that goes, NOT too banged up could be $10,000! The biggest thing that caught my eye was a HUGE dent right on the side of his helmet. YIKES. That could have been bad. Ive worn my helmet ever since his accident.

Yikes is right, buddy!!  Now we've just got to get you in a DOT version...I'd like to meet and ride with you for many years to come, so protect that head!!  Probably saved Ed's life, or at least how he's able to live it...

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »

Ed called me today. He sounded in pretty good spirits. What a great attitude and outlook this man has! :2vrolijk_21:

He's going to see his bike for the first time on Mon or Tues. He's got insurance and they'll be ordering new painted parts for it. His friend picked it up after the accident and rode it back. He told Ed it rode OK. Hopefully it's only cosmetic damage. If that's the case, the bike should be fine. And so will Ed! Thank goodness for that! ;)

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2007, 08:52:22 AM »

Yikes is right, buddy!!  Now we've just got to get you in a DOT version...I'd like to meet and ride with you for many years to come, so protect that head!!  Probably saved Ed's life, or at least how he's able to live it...

I know where I an buy a DOT sticker.

I've got like 6 DOT helmets, but, I sure like this little non-DOT one.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »

Ed,

You are now the King of Ribs...broken or cooked...

Hope your feeling better and each day improves for you!

With Love for you and Trish,

Your friend,

Barry

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »

Ed,

Happy Snoopy Dancing on a deer's grave knowing your well on the mend! God bless and keep you in good health. Hope to meet y'all sometime soon. Best wishes!

Flyndyna/Mitch

harleydiva

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 09:12:51 PM »

Ed, so glad you're on the mend.   :2vrolijk_21:   Say hello to Trish...I know she is so relieved that you're ok.   :)

Hopefully TC and I can get up to Paducah before cold weather sets in.  As long as we layer our clothes and keep the bun warmer turned on, I'm good to go.   :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2008, 08:13:42 AM »

Ken...been a while since this has been visited.  How is Ed doing?

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »

He's doing really good Terry. He's able to work now. His ribs are still somewhat tender. The insurance has his bike fixed and it's for sale at the local HD shop. He's talking about a 2000-2001 SE Roadglide. but Trish says...NO bike. SO, whether or not he ends up with a bike will be interesting. I know where to keep my mouth shut, and this little issue is not the place!  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

He's doing really good Terry. He's able to work now. His ribs are still somewhat tender. The insurance has his bike fixed and it's for sale at the local HD shop. He's talking about a 2000-2001 SE Roadglide. but Trish says...NO bike. SO, whether or not he ends up with a bike will be interesting. I know where to keep my mouth shut, and this little issue is not the place!  ;D

That is excellent news, Ken!!

Trish is a sweet gal, but I don't think I'd want her mad at me, so you're a smart man.  You've just go to be sneaky about it... ;)

Tell Ed the Suzanne and I have been thinking about him, and wish him well.... :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »

I hear ya. I'd rather fight Ed than Trish anyday. She's from Columbus Ky. Those columbus chicks are tough as a pine knot.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

I hear ya. I'd rather fight Ed than Trish anyday. She's from Columbus Ky. Those columbus chicks are tough as a pine knot.
Ken,
Glad to hear Ed is doing better. :2vrolijk_21:

What I have learned through the years is if you want to get the last word in w/a female in any conversation if you'll just keep repeating "yes dear" until they stop talking you'll accomplish that goal. ;) ;D My Momma told (taught) me when I was younger that woman are always right. :nervous: :)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

Of course women are always right. Cheri taught me that. The other things I've learned about women is

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »

Of course women are always right. Cheri taught me that. The other things I've learned about women is
:vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2008, 09:29:37 AM »

Mi amigo Ken...and the chicks from South Florida? How are they? :huepfenjump3:

Cheri is watching you.....be careful in your answer

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »

Mi amigo Ken...and the chicks from South Florida? How are they? :huepfenjump3:

Cheri is watching you.....be careful in your answer

I don't know about chicks (plural) BUT, my S. Florida chick is my everything. I've dedicated my life to her happiness. She's my reason for breathing. She's smart, sexy and awesome!

How was that mi amigo?

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:22 AM »

You're good. REAL good.

And also very well trained!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »

You're good. REAL good.

And also very well trained!!

HaHaHa..

The trick is to make them think they've got you trained.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

I don't know about chicks (plural) BUT, my S. Florida chick is my everything. I've dedicated my life to her happiness. She's my reason for breathing. She's smart, sexy and awesome!

How was that mi amigo?

HaHaHa..

The trick is to make them think they've got you trained.

Dear Abby:

Does that chit really work?

Sincerely,
Dumass Country Boy

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »

Dear Abby:

Does that chit really work?

Sincerely,
Dumass Country Boy

Dear Dumass:

It must, I hear tell of folks that have two or more CVOs. None of them stock.

Abb

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »

Dumass Country boy.
You have no complaints.
You are what you are and you ain't what you aint.
So listen up Buster and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.

harleydiva

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Ken,
Glad to hear Ed is doing better. :2vrolijk_21:

What I have learned through the years is if you want to get the last word in w/a female in any conversation if you'll just keep repeating "yes dear" until they stop talking you'll accomplish that goal. ;) ;D My Momma told (taught) me when I was younger that woman are always right. :nervous: :)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d, your Momma is a fine lady.   ;)

harleydiva

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

Cheri taught you well.   :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2008, 02:44:27 PM »

Dumass Country boy.
You have no complaints.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »

:puke:
wut?

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »

Dumass Country boy.
You have no complaints.

John Prine quote...

Way to go Ken,
A good ole Kentucky boy from Muhlenburg!!!

Barry

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

Always a pleasure to read positive comments regarding this unfortunate events...Keep the FAITH!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2009, 07:57:29 PM »

Just bring this topic back up. Today I called rib cooking expert and buddy DeepSouthEagle to go for a ride with me. He wants a RG bad enough he can taste it, so he rode the SERG and I rode the SEUC. We enjoy having a beernic (sorta a picnic cept there isn't any food just beer) along side the road during our rides, but I didn't have any beer iced down, so we went to the Eagles club. This is the first time he's been on 2 wheels in about 9 months.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »

It was 70 degrees here today, so I could have been more responsible and worked on all the dead branches and limbs in the yard.

Naaaaa....

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »

Or...I could have stayed home and washed the truck. It's absolutely nasty.

Naaaaaaaaaaaa..

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »

There are advantages to having more than one bike.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:06:39 PM by HogBreath »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

Ed said he needed to be home working on trees in his yard too.

Naaaaaaaaaaa..

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »

There's just something about getting back on the road...the wind in your face...The engine purring.....The wide open spaces...And seeing a good friend in the saddle again. It really sucks to be us!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »

nice to see the ice is gone
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »

So glad you posted these pics of you and Ed back in the saddle.  Hope ya'll didn't even see a deer today.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2009, 08:40:35 PM »

So glad you posted these pics of you and Ed back in the saddle.  Hope ya'll didn't even see a deer today.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

NO DEER!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »

NO DEER!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

When you get the shiny helmet?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2009, 11:50:29 PM »

Kenny Boy, your a good man! :2vrolijk_21: Anyone tell ya they love ya today? :huepfenlol2: Love that beard your supporting....nice look, especially after a 100mph ride on your V-Rod! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2009, 06:03:46 AM »

When you get the shiny helmet?

Thanksgiving...One can never get too much chrome.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »

Kenny Boy, your a good man! :2vrolijk_21: Anyone tell ya they love ya today? :huepfenlol2: Love that beard your supporting....nice look, especially after a 100mph ride on your V-Rod! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

Only you JR. I'll PM you that I love you too, I just can't say it in front of everyone like you can.  ;D

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2009, 06:32:40 AM »

Ken,  thank you so much for posting these great pics of Ed and your new bike. I am not sure I knew about this gorgeous beast that moved into your stable.  After all you and Ed have been through in the last week or so, what a wonderful way to move those cobwebs out and put the joy of traversing your great neighborhood, under the warmth of the bright sun and the blue of those clear skies, aboard those two great steeds.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2009, 07:24:42 AM »

Ken good to see you & Ed riding again.  :2vrolijk_21:
When you get around to trimming the trees, dont forget the beard.  :D   
Before:    :worthless:
After:        :worthless:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »

There are advantages to having more than one bike.

You guys are such bad @sses!
wut?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2009, 03:46:30 PM »

Binx, I don't think their bad!!! ::) :D :D ;D ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »

You woulda thought badasses if you would have heard Ed talking about bagels last night..or the lack of!  ;D

elvislee

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2009, 10:54:05 AM »

I missed all this somehow and am very happy ol Ed is back an well  :2vrolijk_21: I gotta say though; anybody that can tickle an Armadillo's ass with a stick and back him outta a hole is just one cool dude ;D Glad your doin well Ed  :2vrolijk_21:

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »

You woulda thought badasses if you would have heard Ed talking about bagels last night..or the lack of!  ;D

Oh jeez...bagels schmagels...they're on their way!
wut?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »

Glad that Ed is back......what's up mi amigo Ken?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »

Glad that Ed is back......what's up mi amigo Ken?

Hey mi amigo!  I know

It takes a big hog to weigh a ton &

38 degrees + one hunnerd MPH = cold
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 21 queries.