Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?  (Read 9139 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Re: ALERT! ALERT! Have you seen this motorcycle?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »

Hi Ripp - I suppose your right, but that's life.   Detroit sounds like Liverpool or Bradford but after saying that there's a great heartbeat in these cities.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »

I grew up in the city of Detroit and saw a lot of devastation.

Detroit, oh yeah, I know it. I spent a year there one month.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »

My oldest is 3rd year Med at U Michigan in Ann Arbor and her mother about has a coronary every time she mentions going into Detroit. All due respect to any site members living there, but it makes my top 5 of worst cities in the USA list.

B B

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

Michigan is a beautiful state, but Detroit is the arm pit. The part I grew up in was rough back then, but now I wouldn't go to that neighborhood without an assault vehicle.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

I have spent the last 30 years working for an OEM supplier to the automotive industry....  Detroit and the surrounding area is a sad and sometimes scary place... :(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »

I like the idea of a tracking device. That way you not only find the bike fast, but maybe catch the guy that stole it.
I got my new FLHX yesterday about 3:00 and although the high here was 40 I managed to get about 70 miles on it. What a great ride. I put my clearview windshield on it this morning and am anxious to try it out today. It's about 3 or 4 inches taller than stock and about the same color ( I ordered the dark grey) so it doesn't change the looks to much, but I'm hoping that the recurve in it well help direct the wind over my head.
   Smiler, I think devastated is the wrong word here. Really pissed off and angry would fit me better. I grew up in the city of Detroit and saw a lot of devastation. I don't know if you know much about Detroit, but it was a tough blue collar city back when I was growing up. I was working on summer vacation during high school 4 blocks from where the riots broke out in the late sixties. Brother, that was devastation. I'm sure you have cities like that in the UK. Glad them days are over. The funny thing is my wife (from Kansas) didn't like Detroit so we moved here to get away from that kind of life and have 6 acres out in the country here. I never had my place broken into until we moved here. Kind of ironic isn't it?

tuff is an understatement......I lived in Detroit from 1960 till 1969 and those few years of my life were some of the worst.  Detroit is not an armpit it is the
Assh^%&e of America......and I only live 40 min from Chester and 45 min from Camden and they are bad, but are child's play next to Detroit. Flint is also so Nice......I lived less than 10 miles from the center of Detroit in a Blue Collar Neighborhood. The riots of 1968 will never leave my memory. Not many times have you seen an army in an American city fully armed with tanks and personell carriers like the Summer of 1968. I recently took the family to visit where I grew up......and it was worse than I remember (that was hard to believe)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »

......and I only live 40 min from Chester...

I went to Widener University back in the late 80's. I've always wondered how bad it has gotten?

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

I was in Detroit in from November through December in 1985. It was so cold the power windows on my rental car froze. There was ice forming on the inside of the hotel room (Ponchatrain) overlooking the lake. The only people I saw out on the sub zero streets were addicts and hookers. All I did was work during the day, and go to Greek Town and drink at night. If I lived there I'd be an alcoholic and weigh 300 pounds. Even the strippers were ugly, I had to go to Canada to see decent looking gals. I was only there for month, but it felt like a year. I would describe it as Compton with snow and ice.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:54 AM »

I had a friend that worked for one of the car manufacturers, there was a stretch on his way home that he got a flat one night and barely got out of it before his wheel disintegrated.

There was no way he said, that he was stopping to fix that tire in that stretch.

It was definitely bad, real bad.  I imageine the economy with the Big Three failing isn't helping any either.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

That is one of the big problems.......the Rust Belt is dependent on the Auto industry and with 20 years of decline it has left Michigan and Ohio in really bad positions.

Ohio seems to be in a better spot than Michigan, but it is downright depressing to see what has happened to

the manufacturing base there.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2008, 10:44:09 AM »

Ripp,  I am sorry for your bike loss and for hijacking the thread (did not mean to) Detroit is such an easy target.

I hope the new ride fills the hole that the old one left..........

Good riding My friend!
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »

Truly sorry for your loss!  Look around you! Had to be someone that knew about it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.