Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Friend dies on Santa Cruz run, 3 injured.  (Read 12958 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Friend dies on Santa Cruz run, 3 injured.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »

Mike, I just got home from a trip to Death Valley and read this.

I know there's not a whole lot that anybody can say that will make it any easier.  Just know that I've said a prayer for you, those involved and all that this terrable tragedy have touched.

All of us know the risks we take when we ride and those of us from Nor Cal know what Hwy.17 is like (back east they have one kind of similar, Tail of the Dragon) and while we all like riding that Hwy. it has increased risks.  Mike, you did what you could.  I just pray that it never happens to you or anybody else from this site!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:28:17 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »

Mike,
Man I am so damn sorry to hear that this horrible accident involved someone I know. I head the news on the radio, and my thoughts were that first I hope it's no one I know of, and second how many lives that road has claimed over the years, especially bikers. Every time I hear one of those announcements, I get knots in my stomach and dread hearing the details.

Your bro and his wife were fortunate you were there for them, and you clearly did all you could under the circumstances. The local radio and traffic reports did not cover the real tragedy of the loss of father and husband. Just that the traffic was tied up due to a motorcycle accident involving serious injuries, and an apparent fatality. What a sad day it was.

My condolences in the loss of your friend, and I hope the rest pull though. As Andy, JC and Jim said, us locals are here for you if you need us.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 12:53:19 AM »

Mike, it seems like in this situation saying " I'm sorry " for the loss of your buddy Phil isn't enough. Your in my thoughts and You,Pennelope,Jesse and George are at the top of my prayer list. Hossdog
Jesus loves bikers too !

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 12:59:53 AM »

Mike,

I am so sorry to read about the loss of a friend. Please do NOT beat yourself up about this. Your friend would not have wanted you to. Love him, miss him, pray for him and his family, but don't blame yourself.

God Bless.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

My deepest condolences...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

Very sorry for that tragedy....it was terrible.....My prayers are with all of them....... :'(

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »

Mike,

You have my # if you need to talk. 

Here's my email to the Observer...

I think that it absolutely sucks that you would publish sensationalist photos of the body under the tarp.  How would you feel if you were that person's family? 

In addition, the article centers more around the traffic tie-up than the father of an 11 month old losing his life.  It's pathetic!

Their reply...

I'm very sorry that Mr. Loza died, and saddened by the accident. My condolences to his friends and family, and I hope the injured people recover quickly. I'm sorry that tragedies such as this are newsworthy, but I don't blame you for being angry.

2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »

Ernie, thank you for the support< and everyone , I tried to call you yesterday, but just couldnt pick up the phone. Im OK, still stunned a little, I got a call from Jim last night, there is much pain over this, I really feel for his family and all of our friends and mutual friends, Jim will validate the following I'm sure: Phil was such a great guy, well liked by everyone and just a good person, he didnt deserve to go out so young. Im still asking god right now, "why him and not me?" I talked to Jesse, I feel the pain in his voice. His family has suffered much these last couple years.

We will be setting up a fund to help the family with expence's etc., when I get the bank info on where donations can be sent, I'd like to post it here if its OK with admin.?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:45:52 AM by Cigarmike »
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »

Mike,

Count me in on the donation and it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever to post a donation thread for something like this.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

Mike- As you know i,ve been there when a friends son crashed and died on 280....Happened right in front of me... Highway 17 is unforgiving I,m back and forth a lot and always respect how fast things can happen.....Give me a call if you need to vent---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

IslandUltra

• IslandUltra
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »

I just want to express my condolences to you, your friends, their friends and families.  This was truly a terrible occurence.  I am glad you were their and unhurt to lend all the aid you could.  I can't think of any words to make you feel better but I hope you know other people with a common bond do care.

Jim

cremebrulee

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

My sympathy to all of the friends and family of a fine man.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »

Cigarmike,
I believe you just lived through the nightmare that all of us pray to God that we will never have to.  It is devastating enough to read and weep with a brother that we have not even met, :( let alone to be there and experience it from the proverbial front row.  Virtual hugs and support are being sent from everyone here on the site and you will be in my thoughts from across the pond. 

God Bless you and all who have to endure this tragedy.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »

Donations much needed and appreciated.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:41:44 PM by Cigarmike »
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »

Mike,
It might help to add your above post to the original post in this thread also. That way it'll be seen if someone just opens the thread and not view all the posts. Again sorry for this tragedy and let us know if we can do anything else for you or those involved.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.