Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08' CVO Springer Handlebars  (Read 4812 times)

Mary217

• CVO1: '08 Springer Inferno Orange
08' CVO Springer Handlebars
« on: August 07, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »

Hey friends....I am changing my handlebars on my 08' Springer because I am only 5'4" and my arms are not long enough to give me a real comfortable ride over a long haul.  I LOVE my forward controls but it's a stretch for my arms with the stock bars.  Has anyone seen the Wild1 Chubby Dresser Bars (510) combined with the Chubby Risers (531)?  I bought the Bars already but before I have them installed I am wondering if the risers would help a bit, while not taking away from the awesome look of this bike.  Anyone out there have any experience with this? Pics would be appreciated. 
Thanks...
Mary 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 08' CVO Springer Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »

Just did a search on this board for "handlebars" and this is just a few of the threads that came back...

pics of Rinehart pipes and handlebars

pull back risers for fxstsse3 can you help?

pictures of my 09 Springer with 16 inch apes

There were several other threads that are speaking of "handlebars". These may not be the exact bars/risers you're speaking of but they may help in giving you some idea of what your set up will look like. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Mary

I have those bars without the risers on my 2008 Springer. I can't say if the risers would work for you since I am way bigger. However,the one thing everyone says when they see or sit on my bike is how wide the bars are. I'm 6' 2" but have very wide shoulders and a 6' 7" wingspan and they still seem wide to me. I have a Tallboy seat that pushes me back and up 2.5-3" and I still find the bars come back a little too far unless I have the T bag on which I can lean against. I can't imagine the width of the 510 bars for someone your size. By the way,I installed them without new extended cables/hoses. Had to do a little rerouting with the clutch hose. It would be better with the extended hose,but I didn't have time to wait on a custom order.

As you can in the pic,the 510 bars are a easy reach for me,even with the 3" set back seat.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:28:10 PM »

I put Chubby (507) on my roadking and have loved then. I am 5'8 and they feel great for me. If you like the handle bars on your 08 Springer you might use a 3 to 4 inch riser to give you that extra length. My 07 Springer fits me perfect. The extra riser length might be all that you need. Please send pictures when you make your decision. I would like to see the out come.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »

I put a set of bars from an '06 Wideglide on my '07 Springer..
they are 1 1/4" and look almost like the mini apes that are on the Softail Custom.
Along with using extended cables, I also had to use a hydraulic clutch reservior from the '09 Springer, because
the '06 wideglide bars don't taper like the stock FXSTSSE springer bars do. :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.