Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Accy button for right side  (Read 5846 times)

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
Accy button for right side
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:18:53 PM »

Has anyone installed an accy button in right side next to the power lock buttons?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Accy button for right side
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:25:12 PM »

Nope. I do however have the dual accy switch panel to install on the left side of my '15 SERGU. Hoping to tackle it on my day off this week. On the RG, the left side is nothing but a set of blanks.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »

I also have the dual set and a pair of LED daymaker fog lights to go on. HAvent figured out how to wire it yet.
Will

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »

I bought the kit for the left side and a single button for the right side next to the power lock buttons. According to the wire diagram it does feed out of that switch into the accy harness.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »

looked over the service supplement for 2014, to remove dash the tank need slid back. No taking off the fork lock switch like the other 2014 bikes. different lock all together. No problem to me as tank has to come off for the wiring to run under the cover...

anyone know a source for the rubber grommets to wire the lights through crash bar?
Will

Copyless

• GA

• CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »

looked over the service supplement for 2014, to remove dash the tank need slid back. No taking off the fork lock switch like the other 2014 bikes. different lock all together. No problem to me as tank has to come off for the wiring to run under the cover...

anyone know a source for the rubber grommets to wire the lights through crash bar?

Any part store, harbor freight, ace hardware will have rubber grommets. When I installed my acc. kit, I didn't remove anything, I removed the two screws holding the painted cover at the tank area, and I was able to get a swivel socket tool and remove the two screws holding in the switch. Then I just connected the new one to the harness and put it back in. I had just filled mine up, so I wasn't that enthused at the time to remove the tank, so I looked underneath at the switches and thought I could do it without removing anything, and I did.  Everything is already there and wired, it just needs to be connected to the new switches.

For wiring the harness that came with the switches, it connects to the acc. connection in the side panel at the fuse box or under the seat if it has already been moved to there. If it is still in the side panel, then move it to underneath the seat and connect the new harness to it. I didn't connect the harness on mine, because I didn't have anything that I was trying to power with it, I just wanted the blank buttons to light up and have writing on them, and so I would be ready in the future, if and when I do need the power, so I installed the switches and put the harness back in the box and set it on my shelf for when it is needed.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 01:10:24 PM »

good info.  I was wondering how I was going to keep the side cover on with the accessory power over there, didn't know I could move it to under seat, didn't think it would be long enough I guess. rather have it there too

have looked up and see what you did. surgeon skills to reach that all bent over. got to take tank off anyways to run power.  I did google and see Harbor freight got a nice little kit of grommets for $6.

now to fish the wire through the crash bars- any tricks or just patience?
Will

Mandrew13

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »

I bought the kit for the left side and a single button for the right side next to the power lock buttons. According to the wire diagram it does feed out of that switch into the accy harness.

How did you get the single button?  I don't remember seeing the option to order a single button anywhere.
Thanks.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »

good info.  I was wondering how I was going to keep the side cover on with the accessory power over there, didn't know I could move it to under seat, didn't think it would be long enough I guess. rather have it there too

have looked up and see what you did. surgeon skills to reach that all bent over. got to take tank off anyways to run power.  I did google and see Harbor freight got a nice little kit of grommets for $6.

Air compressor and string.  :2vrolijk_21:

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »

Any part store, harbor freight, ace hardware will have rubber grommets. When I installed my acc. kit, I didn't remove anything, I removed the two screws holding the painted cover at the tank area, and I was able to get a swivel socket tool and remove the two screws holding in the switch. Then I just connected the new one to the harness and put it back in. I had just filled mine up, so I wasn't that enthused at the time to remove the tank, so I looked underneath at the switches and thought I could do it without removing anything, and I did.  Everything is already there and wired, it just needs to be connected to the new switches.

For wiring the harness that came with the switches, it connects to the acc. connection in the side panel at the fuse box or under the seat if it has already been moved to there. If it is still in the side panel, then move it to underneath the seat and connect the new harness to it. I didn't connect the harness on mine, because I didn't have anything that I was trying to power with it, I just wanted the blank buttons to light up and have writing on them, and so I would be ready in the future, if and when I do need the power, so I installed the switches and put the harness back in the box and set it on my shelf for when it is needed.

I thought the accy harness attaches behind the fairing somewhere around the switches? I'll have to read the directions again. I know the owners manual states their one behind the side cover. It would be nice to have one up front too so as not have to run wires from the back to the front for like fog lights.

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »

How did you get the single button?  I don't remember seeing the option to order a single button anywhere.
Thanks.

I ordered the part number of the button from the left side kit. Haven't tried installing it yet. Should work in theory.

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 08:24:19 PM »

Just read the directions and the only accy plug is under the side cover. Would have been nice if it was under the fairing.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

Here's a thread I started the other day about adding the switch panel and the accy harness.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=100024.msg1295086#msg1295086

Copyless

• GA

• CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 01:11:21 AM »

It wasn't as hard as it may look, but it wasn't the easiest either, I just looked at it with the light and then I sat on my stool and reached up it there until I felt the tool go in the screw and removed it, then I put it back the same way, I never looked at it or saw it while I was doing it.

If it is still in the side cover, if you look at the top right area where the cover is (when removed) you will see the place to put the connector thru to go underneath the seat. I feel pretty sure that that's where it is, it has been a couple of months since I looked at mine, and I have slept since then, but I hope I can still remember back a couple of months, it is pushing it , but I hope.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »

more good info. looks like you found the right connector, fished it up to under seat, then ran it under tank.?.

also another hint or two on a piece of string and an air compressor...did you take bars off bike? I got all that radiator stuff in the lowers and hoping not to mess with it.  Maybe run the wires into there to hide them would be easier...
Will
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.