Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 64913 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #1035 on: January 01, 2009, 04:00:33 PM »

Gas just jumped up from $1.65 to $1.89  Come on It's SUNDAY.  I thought the prices went up when they were trading not on Holidays and the weekends.  This is such a joke!

:nixweiss:   Rough night?

Same story here in NW Indiana.  Went to bed with gas averaging $1.65 - $1.69, woke up with it at $1.89 pretty much across the area.  Must have something to do with starting a new year, or perhaps the wholesaler's and retailer's are trying to pay for their New Year's parties. 

Jerry 
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #1036 on: January 02, 2009, 05:54:02 AM »

We haven't seen the reduction in prices over here that you guys have. Since the highs of last year the prices have only fallen by 25%. This is mainly down to our wonderful tax system on fuel which takes the equivalent of $4.10 on every gallon irrespective of the pump price.

So if I now fill my car with 16 US Gallons of gas it costs me around $86.00 at the pump and around $63.00 of that goes straight to the good old British government.

That's what makes Britain great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1037 on: January 02, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »

We haven't seen the reduction in prices over here that you guys have. Since the highs of last year the prices have only fallen by 25%. This is mainly down to our wonderful tax system on fuel which takes the equivalent of $4.10 on every gallon irrespective of the pump price.

So if I now fill my car with 16 US Gallons of gas it costs me around $86.00 at the pump and around $63.00 of that goes straight to the good old British government.

Nige

Some here in the US are considering a rising tax scenario currently, Nige.  It would temporarily limit consumption and pose a true hardship on many who depend on petroleum to get where they are going, since mass transit here is VERY limited except in large metro areas. 

I bet our govt. could effectively waste these "extra" gas tax dollars as effectively as your govt. wastes yours, but in truth I hope we do not get to find out anytime soon.

If we would drill a few thousand wells here in the good ol' USA each month (easily done except for govt. interference) , some of the pricing sting could be eliminated.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1038 on: January 11, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »

Nige
[\sarcasm on]But don't you have a wicked awesome health care system that all that money is supporting?[\sarcasm off]

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #1039 on: January 11, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »

Was up to $1.99 on Friday now down to $1.93 in MI
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #1040 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23:50 PM »

Nige
  Now I know why our fore fathers left.  Problem is, where do we go from here????

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1041 on: January 12, 2009, 06:55:47 AM »

Now I know why our fore fathers left.  Problem is, where do we go from here????
Australia?   :nixweiss:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #1042 on: January 12, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »

[\sarcasm on]But don't you have a wicked awesome health care system that all that money is supporting?[\sarcasm off]

Yes we do Sean but I don't think the money we pay in fuel taxes go toward that.

The health care system is good, of that there is no doubt.  We pay for all of it in different ways though. If you earned $100,000 over here you would only see about $60,000 in your pay packet after taxes. We pay NHI (National Health Insurance) direct from our wages and the more you earn the more you pay. On an average salary of $35,000 per year it would be about $4,600 per year. I guess you could buy a reasonable Health Insurance policy for that over there.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1043 on: January 12, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

Regular unleaded $ 1.63 gal. today!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #1044 on: January 12, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »

$1.89 today in MI
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1045 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »

It's up to a $1.99 at my favorite ARCO in Roseville. Just to clarify, i don't burn ARCO gas in my motorcycle. My vehicles get the crap gas, my motorcycle gets Premium Union or Shell and that price is at $2.38 here in Sacto area

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #1046 on: January 12, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »

$1.95 regular here in NW Indiana.  Really strange how the price went up $0.40 at the same time that crude, gasoline, and distillates inventories all increased significantly.  So much for supply and demand determining prices (which I haven't believed in a long time, btw).  I was glad to see Sunday night that 60 Minutes agreed with my earlier statements in this thread about the real cause of the price runup last year.  For those who didn't see the report, they also concluded after their investigation that the price gouging was not related to supply and demand, but in fact speculation by hedge funds, pension funds, and various others in the futures markets.  Really nice, screw up the financial markets, then move on and help trigger a recession by screwing up the energy markets.  But of course, no regulation is needed, as the "free markets" know best.  BS!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #1047 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »

$1.69 here today in SE PA  87 Octane
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #1048 on: January 13, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »

Do you see whats happening here? The gas prices are creeping up just in time for me to pull my big trailer to Daytona. (9 miles per gallon.) Yee Ha!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1049 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »

Do you see whats happening here? The gas prices are creeping up just in time for me to pull my big trailer to Daytona. (9 miles per gallon.) Yee Ha!

The price here in Oklahoma jumped about .30 a week or so ago to about $1.67.  Now it has dropped back down to about $1.55  :nixweiss:

My guess is that we will see gas prices creep back up as warm weather approaches.  The oil companies will want to cash in during the summer months.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.