Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 500 CCA battery  (Read 3290 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 500 CCA battery
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 09:14:32 PM »

That (giving it to parts guy) or returning it to a local battery vendor (I returned a couple to a local vendor and he actually gave me some $$ for returning/recycling them).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

No parts guy with Amazon, but do have an Interstate battery distributor close by.  Probably give them a try.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 10:46:48 PM »

No parts guy with Amazon, but do have an Interstate battery distributor close by.  Probably give them a try.

The local O'Reilly Auto Parts stores give a $10 store card for return of any automotive battery.  Last fall got $5 for a couple of lawn and garden and bike batteries. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »

Oh yeah, the 3 year olds that come out then live in the riding lawn mower for a couple years (if I'm lucky) and in a couple of other gadgets around the yard.

That's a good idea.  Yuasa was the battery in my Japanese bikes, excellent service but too many years ago to make a reasonable comparison. Will give this one a try in a few years if I can remember where the hell the link to it is by then.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »

Got mine today.  Not real happy with the half-assed packaging job someone did where they just threw a few pieces of paper in to to try to keep a 20+ pound battery from rattling around :( so hopefully, no damage was done. :o

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »

Got mine today.  Not real happy with the half-assed packaging job someone did where they just threw a few pieces of paper in to to try to keep a 20+ pound battery from rattling around :( so hopefully, no damage was done. :o

Mine arrived yesterday.  I must have got lucky and got a different after school employee.  Mine was pretty normally box-in-a-box packaged.  Don't have it in the bike yet though.

J.D.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »

Wow, every 3 years?

My last AGM battery from the MoCo went 8 years.  By that I mean at the end of 7 years it passed a load test with flying colors and at 8 was still working fine, but I thought I'd be proactive and change it anyway.  That's about when I do the car batteries also.

Has anyone tried one of these ultra lightweight lithium ion batteries from Deltran?  Looks cool in principle but the photos of them melting down scare me.

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

I am getting 8 years out of a Battery, always on a battery tender to keep it topped up.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »

Wow, every 3 years?

Yeah, but only on the bike.  After that I move the couple of bike batteries "downhill" to the riding lawnmower and use the 2nd one (two bikes) to swap around from the garden sprayer and a couple other gadgets that need portable 12 volt batteries.  Things that won't leave me stranded if they crap out in the yard.

I likely get five or six years use out of them.  I just don't use them in the bikes after three.  Everyone has their own threshold of annoyance.  For me that threshold gets reached real fast if I've got to push or two a bike for something as simple as an AGM battery that wakes up one morning and decide it doesn't want to stay awake all day long.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.