Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak  (Read 16133 times)

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Wanna ride

Re: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »

I'm about to buy a chopped pak for my FLHX, but what's different about this one than the previously offered one?

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »

I'm about to buy a chopped pak for my FLHX, but what's different about this one than the previously offered one?

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order.  I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order.  I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.
I they wont trade it out I may want to but the used tourpak from you
TJ

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »

HD has finally listed a Chopped Tour Pack to match the Street Glides.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441838635&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286957&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286957&bmUID=1264742211180&bmLocale=en_US

post a pic if you go with a chopped tour pak, I would be interested to see what it looks like on the bike     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »

I'll post a pick of one I have
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »

post a pic if you go with a chopped tour pak, I would be interested to see what it looks like on the bike     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Although it isn't a SESG the '05 SEEG came stock with a chopped TP and as we all know the Street Glide was born from the '04 & '05 SE Electra Glides...

This should give you a pretty good idea what a 2010 SESG will look like with a chopped TP
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »

I they wont trade it out I may want to but the used tourpak from you

it's not exactly "used" as I haven't actually gotten it yet.  Only ordered it a week ago yesterday.  Probably hasn't even been painted yet.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order. I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.

You don't have to go with the passenger back rest with the arms on it.  Since it doesn't come with one, you can order whatever passenger back rest that you want for the King Tour pack.  Have you been through the thread on my mods?

Click on this link and look at the first pic.......    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.510
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get :nixweiss:  I only use mine for longer trips, so I'm using it as a giant suit case, the first thing I do when I get to the hotel is take the darn thing off.  The only other use in my opinion is when my wife wants to go for a ride, and then she wants the most support she can get.  Just my opinion.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get :nixweiss:  I only use mine for longer trips, so I'm using it as a giant suit case, the first thing I do when I get to the hotel is take the darn thing off.  The only other use in my opinion is when my wife wants to go for a ride, and then she wants the most support she can get.  Just my opinion.
You're not by yourself I agree. :2vrolijk_21: When I was looking to buy mine (back in '04) I was surprised that they (MoCo) was charging more for a chopped then the king. Like you I only have mine on when travelling and if I'm going to be at the same location multiple days I take it off while there.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »

it's not exactly "used" as I haven't actually gotten it yet.  Only ordered it a week ago yesterday.  Probably hasn't even been painted yet.
there should be no problem for them to trade it out for you then.
TJ

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »

Unfortunately I have a job were I have to wear a suit everyday.  I use the tourpak 90% of the time to cary my suit coat and to store my half helmet.  I agree that the King Tour Pak is a better choice for a road trip, but I could always put a suitcase on a rack on top of the Chopped tour pack.  With 3 young kids (9, 6 and 3) at home we don't exactly have time to travel across the country on the bike anyway. And when the day comes that I can travel more, I will just get a second (King) tour pack for that purpose and put the Chopped one on a Solo tour pack rack for everyday use.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »

there should be no problem for them to trade it out for you then.

Just got back from the Dealer (HD Erie) and the girl behind the parts counter called the factory while I waited.  It may be too far along to be stopped, but they are going to call the painter and see.  Since it is a "Paint to Order" part, if they have already started painting it I am stuck with it.  Oh well, my wife really likes the armrests anyway...says she feels more secure.. ::)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »

My thinking is that of Badger Mike's........and I've never put a helmet in a tour pack.  I've hung the helmet on the bars every since the helmet law came into being (about fifteen years). 

But there are other options for the King tour pack.  I'll warn you right now.......once you have a king tour pack, you'll not go back.  It's kind of like riding a bagger for the first time.....once you're at the top of the heap, everything else is back down. :nixweiss:

You gotta find a sitter and at least take the wife on a Friday night, Sat. night get away.  Once you do, you'll both start making it happen more often. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.