Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Glare Product  (Read 8815 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
New Glare Product
« on: February 01, 2007, 03:02:26 PM »

Just got off the phone with Perry from GLARE products, as I needed some wheel cleaner and a couple of other things I'm out of.  They have a NEW quick detailer!!!  The product is not on the website, but the name is GLARE SAHARA, as it takes no water...spray it on the bike, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, wipe it off and it will NOT scratch the surface.  It does not take the place of their other products, but is a quick to apply, quick to get off product.  Good for ALL surfaces, including wheels, leather, and even tires.  I ordered some, so will report when I try it out.  Contains Glasplexin, of course...

It ain't cheap, either...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bagger

Re: New Glare Product
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:43:43 PM »

Just got off the phone with Perry from GLARE products, as I needed some wheel cleaner and a couple of other things I'm out of.  They have a NEW quick detailer!!!  The product is not on the website, but the name is GLARE SAHARA, as it takes no water...spray it on the bike, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, wipe it off and it will NOT scratch the surface.  It does not take the place of their other products, but is a quick to apply, quick to get off product.  Good for ALL surfaces, including wheels, leather, and even tires.  I ordered some, so will report when I try it out.  Contains Glasplexin, of course...

It ain't cheap, either...

Terry,  You may recall I bought some of that GLARE Rapid Action Spray (contains Glasplexin ::)).  Perry told me that it's function is that of a quick detailer.  I went over my scoot with it after I Glared it.  I guess it works OK.  Thumper looks AWESOME!  Perry said that the scoot does need to be "sprayed off" after riding and before using it tho'.  Is he telling you that SAHARA can be used without "spraying off" your bike?  So...........how much does it cost?

I think everything they make contains some form of "plexin."  The vinyl/leather cleaner contains Supplexin. :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »

Terry,  You may recall I bought some of that GLARE Rapid Action Spray (contains Glasplexin ::)).  Perry told me that it's function is that of a quick detailer.  I went over my scoot with it after I Glared it.  I guess it works OK.  Thumper looks AWESOME!  Perry said that the scoot does need to be "sprayed off" after riding and before using it tho'.  Is he telling you that SAHARA can be used without "spraying off" your bike?  So...........how much does it cost?

I think everything they make contains some form of "plexin."  The vinyl/leather cleaner contains Supplexin. :2vrolijk_21:

Henry....I was about to order the Rapid Action stuff when I asked if there were any new products.  Perry told me they have been reluctant to go into the "waterless cleaner" thing, as they felt like nothing really worked all that well, but they developed this product over the past 2 or 3 years...According to him, you can use it when the bike is dirty...spray it on and let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then use a clean microfiber to wipe it off...NO scratches.  It contains Plexin as well.  I ordered a bottle, so I'll be the guinea pig on this one.  It better work, as a bottle cost 30 bucks!!!  But, if it works as well as their other stuff, it'll be worth it on the road.  I'll do a test when I get it and the bike gets somewhat dirty...the rear of the bags are always dirty after a ride, so that will be a good test.

TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »

Henry....I was about to order the Rapid Action stuff when I asked if there were any new products.  Perry told me they have been reluctant to go into the "waterless cleaner" thing, as they felt like nothing really worked all that well, but they developed this product over the past 2 or 3 years...According to him, you can use it when the bike is dirty...spray it on and let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then use a clean microfiber to wipe it off...NO scratches.  It contains Plexin as well.  I ordered a bottle, so I'll be the guinea pig on this one.  It better work, as a bottle cost 30 bucks!!!  But, if it works as well as their other stuff, it'll be worth it on the road.  I'll do a test when I get it and the bike gets somewhat dirty...the rear of the bags are always dirty after a ride, so that will be a good test.

Terry, have you been able to ride and try out the SAHARA......"contains Glassplexin?"  I think Thumper is gonna get some Rapid Action Spray lovin' tomorrow.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »

Terry, have you been able to ride and try out the SAHARA......"contains Glassplexin?"  I think Thumper is gonna get some Rapid Action Spray lovin' tomorrow.

Henry...got the product.  Reading the back of the bottle, it was developed for those people who are riding or living in areas where water is a scarcity.  Like most "waterless" cleaners, you spray it on the bike, let it sit for a minute to float the particles, then wipe off with a microfiber towel, and follow with another light spray and wipe, as the first pass is to get the dirt off.  It has a mix of their wash product, pro polish, and some other things.  My intent was to use some today, as I have some riding grunge on the back of the bike, but I've got some kind of stomach thing going on...I could have contributed to the Puke thread last night ;D

TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 12:13:19 PM »

Henry...got the product.  Reading the back of the bottle, it was developed for those people who are riding or living in areas where water is a scarcity.  Like most "waterless" cleaners, you spray it on the bike, let it sit for a minute to float the particles, then wipe off with a microfiber towel, and follow with another light spray and wipe, as the first pass is to get the dirt off.  It has a mix of their wash product, pro polish, and some other things.  My intent was to use some today, as I have some riding grunge on the back of the bike, but I've got some kind of stomach thing going on...I could have contributed to the Puke thread last night ;D

Terry, Brother I hope you better.  I has that ill last month, but it was from taking antibiotics and having to eat yogurt and acidophilus to keep my good bacteria count up.  I don't do well with dairy.  Yuck.  That SAHARA sounds like good stuff.  I'm trying to make my way to the garage, but I'm working on a presentation.........and it is dragging on.  This weather keeps up, and I might go get in a few miles later this afternoon.  It is beautiful up here, and not too too cold.  I think I could handle it.  Get well soon.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »

Terry, Brother I hope you better.  I has that ill last month, but it was from taking antibiotics and having to eat yogurt and acidophilus to keep my good bacteria count up.  I don't do well with dairy.  Yuck.  That SAHARA sounds like good stuff.  I'm trying to make my way to the garage, but I'm working on a presentation.........and it is dragging on.  This weather keeps up, and I might go get in a few miles later this afternoon.  It is beautiful up here, and not too too cold.  I think I could handle it.  Get well soon.

Feeling better today, Henry.  Must have got it all out of my system, and sweated it out last night while sleeping.  It's a beautiful day here as well, so I got a feeling that we're going to take a little scoot out to Dreams in a little while.  Maybe a beer will settle my stomach... :drink: ;)  If I have time, I'll try out some of the Sahara when we get back.

Put my LED taillight array in this week, with load equalizer...you'd have to be blind not to see the back of my bike now!!  That thing is BRIGHT!!  The three LED's that shine up on the tag have a slight blue tint to them...cooler than chit... 8)

TTS Mastertune

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

Feeling better today, Henry.  Must have got it all out of my system, and sweated it out last night while sleeping.  It's a beautiful day here as well, so I got a feeling that we're going to take a little scoot out to Dreams in a little while.  Maybe a beer will settle my stomach... :drink: ;)  If I have time, I'll try out some of the Sahara when we get back.

Put my LED taillight array in this week, with load equalizer...you'd have to be blind not to see the back of my bike now!!  That thing is BRIGHT!!  The three LED's that shine up on the tag have a slight blue tint to them...cooler than chit... 8)

I wanna see  :worthless:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

I wanna see  :worthless:

AJ...I'll see if I can snap a couple of pics this evening and get them posted.  One other person here has installed this in his tailight...it's got 40 somthing red LED's on a plate, and three on the top back side that shine up through the clear portion of the lens and onto the tag.  It's just a wee bit of a bitch to get the chrome reflector out of the lens to install the new piece.  It's glued in with some kind of epoxy type stuff, so you have to heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer, get a small instrument type screwdriver, and dig the stuff out until the part pops out.  Then you stick the new LED array on the part, reinsert the chrome reflector piece.  I sealed it back in with some black silicone sealer I had on hand.  The load equalizer plugs in under the seat to the existing harness going to the back of the bike...it's a plug and play.  Necessary because the LED's draw hardly any current, and if not installed, your blinkers won't flash at the corrrect rate.  I'll post something under the SEUC thread tonight....I have amber led plug and play turn signals coming as well, for the rear.

TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »

I wanna see too, Terry!  C'mon man.......please posts some pix!!!!!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »

Got a chance to try out the new GLARE Sahara product today.  The stuff really does work!!  Spray it on (a very little goes a really long way), then wipe with a micro cloth to get the dirt off and spread the produce over the surface...let this dry to a haze, then buff off with a clean micro.  Then you just spray a bit more on, and work it in with a circular motion much as you do the initial application of the Pro.  Really shines!!! 

The chit is expensive though, but from what little it took to do the fairing, fenders, and bags, it will go a long way.

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 06:17:25 PM »

Got a chance to try out the new GLARE Sahara product today.  The stuff really does work!!  Spray it on (a very little goes a really long way), then wipe with a micro cloth to get the dirt off and spread the produce over the surface...let this dry to a haze, then buff off with a clean micro.  Then you just spray a bit more on, and work it in with a circular motion much as you do the initial application of the Pro.  Really shines!!! 

The chit is expensive though, but from what little it took to do the fairing, fenders, and bags, it will go a long way.

So Terry, what kind of produce do you spread on your bike? I myself try to keep all produce, and dairy products, to a minimum.

Rhino

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »

Could you please post the details on this unit? Who's got it , ordered from, model, etc. 

Thanks
Rhino

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »

Could you please post the details on this unit? Who's got it , ordered from, model, etc. 

Thanks
Rhino
I believe the info you are looking for is in this thread - LED Tailight.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 12:29:49 AM »

So Terry, what kind of produce do you spread on your bike? I myself try to keep all produce, and dairy products, to a minimum.

Today, I decided to spread some tomatoes on the front fairing...

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.