Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: While I have my 07 Ultra in for 2nd oil leak  (Read 1076 times)

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
While I have my 07 Ultra in for 2nd oil leak
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »

Just dropped my bike of today for it's second head gasket leak. This mechanic swears he can and does fix these. So he spent about 45 mins talking with me. Suggested I switch the front motor sproket to a smaller one. I agreed. Since the MOCO is paying all the labor, I'm considering letting him change cams. I won't know till he pulls it apart if the run out is too high for gear drive cams or not.

Wondering what some of you that have changed cams used and what you thought of the change. Maybe some dyno info too.

Thanks for the input!

Keith

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: While I have my 07 Ultra in for 2nd oil leak
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:42:56 PM »

Just dropped my bike of today for it's second head gasket leak. This mechanic swears he can and does fix these. So he spent about 45 mins talking with me. Suggested I switch the front motor sproket to a smaller one. I agreed. Since the MOCO is paying all the labor, I'm considering letting him change cams. I won't know till he pulls it apart if the run out is too high for gear drive cams or not.

Wondering what some of you that have changed cams used and what you thought of the change. Maybe some dyno info too.

Thanks for the input!

Keith

CD,

If you're in for head gasket leak, please go on over to this thread: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets and post the information. I'm trying to gather it all in one spot. Have you called into HD Customer Service to open a ticket on it? If not, please consider doing so. We're starting to see some activity related to the leaks and the more people that call in, will make the problem that much more noticeable. 

HD Customer Service: 414-343-4121 Hit '0' for the operator and then ask for Ola. Explain to the operator that you are also having the leaky head gasket problem and Ola is working on the problem. She has been the one working with me and the SM who now has my bike in for repairs.

I also encourage you have the SM call HD Tech Service tomorrow before doing the work and have him ask to speak with the lead Tech Service person. The SM at my local dealership will be speaking with him about this very same issue tomorrow morning. I think it would be helpful if the same person in Tech Service would be working with two totally independent dealerships on the same problem on the same bike at the same time.

Keep us posted, OK?

Don't forget to add your info to the thread.

Good luck.

:indian_chief:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:54:00 AM by Chief »

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »

Chief,

I have had a personal meeting with the MOCO regional service rep here in Sacramento. I have also spoke twice with HD Customer Support (where ever they are). I have an open ticket with several items that have been a problem. I have read your other thread, just haven't had time to post the relevant information yet. Keith

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »

Chief,

I have had a personal meeting with the MOCO regional service rep here in Sacramento. I have also spoke twice with HD Customer Support (where ever they are). I have an open ticket with several items that have been a problem. I have read your other thread, just haven't had time to post the relevant information yet. Keith
Keith,

I understand. Sounds like you have done everything right.

:indian_chief:

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.