Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Zippers 113" and my next option  (Read 7171 times)

screamin eagle

Re: Zippers 113" and my next option
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 10:43:36 AM »

I would like to say that I had Zippers install the 113 muscle kit with the thunder max with auto tune. It has a thunderheader installed on it and it dynoed at 126 HP and 132 TQ. They did the build and built the Map for it on the dyno. At the time they did not have a map for it. I have roughly 6000 mile on the motor and it runs very strong. I would say that it would have to be the tuning. My bike is a 2006 SE fatboy.
I have picked the current dealer because of their experience with high performance builds, tuning ability, and most of all CUSTOMER SERVICE! They (Gutteridge Harley, Danville, IL) came highly recomended to me from a good friend, and I would definately recommend them to others. However, I would not say 112/120 was what I was expecting out of this build, and even if they get that number or just a little better again, I will ride it till winter and then upgrade over the winter.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »

I have the Zippers 117" kit, and while it runs strong (125/125), it is not as strong as they said it would be.  If I had it to do over, I would go another direction with the build.  It has the Thundermax with a canned map...it has not been dyno tuned, although the timing was retarded somewhat at lower rpm's to stop the pinging.  I often wonder if I could get more out of the build with a good tune on a SERT. :nixweiss:
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 12:30:30 PM »

Well I have not been around for a while (family life) and have been very busy. Also I guess I just needed a break form the same old BS and sometimes useless chatter. I do miss my good friends that I have met on here and can't wait to get back in the saddle with my "V" Girl and do some ridding with my friends.

As most of you know I have the 113 muscle kit (the first one) Zippers built. Zippers used my bike for about 9 months testing and then doing the build. I have the original map with no timing changes as of yet. It is 126 square and runs really well. For some of you I wonder what kind of power you are looking for? I have ridden some very fast bikes and mine is by far not the quickest I have ridden. But I can tell you it is all I want in a touring bike. I have a Dyna with a much smaller motor and it will spank by SEEG all day long. I still prefer to ride my Eagle.

Just us 6 I replied to your PM a few minutes ago. I am running a D&D fat Kat with the performance baffle. It does run good but I would prefer a Thunder Header. OH well. Your exhaust might be part of the problem as might be the AT option on the Thunder Max. I can tell you a large hypo motor likes a 2 into 1 exhaust. Smaller tubes for quicker TQ curve and larger tubes for more HP on the top end. Zippers wanted me to run a Borzillia, but I already picked up the Fat Kat so that is why it is on there.  Let me know if I can help you in any way. BTW for the record I AM NOT a big fan of the Auto Tune option as of yet. I guess that is why I still don't have it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 03:24:53 PM »

Dawg,
Thanks for the reply. I am taking the Thundermax off for now, I am just trying to figure out where the problem lies, and think maybe taking the Thundermax off might allow for a decent tune on the SERT to kind of take the tuning variable out of it a bit, and help figure where the problem is. I really dont think that it is just the tuning, the bike seems to run well, just not the power I was expecting. I was looking for more in the 130/130 range. Once I get the bike dyno tuned with the SERT maybe I will know more. Zippers had a Boarzilla with them in Sturgis and I was going to buy it and put it on, but they did not seem to think the pipes were the problem. Could you check and see next time you talk to Zippers if they can look up the Muscle 113 that they sold to Walters Brothers Harley in Peoria IL.(I am the only one Walters Bros has done) and see what size throttle body they sent with it? Zippers asked me at Sturgis if it was a 50 or 54? I told them it was what ever came with the kit, and they said they would call the office and verify and call me back, they must have forgotten. They also were going to contact a dyno operator and see if we could get it on a dyno at Sturgis to try to figure out my problem, but I never heard back on that either. I appreciate all your help, I saw in another thread where you had felt bad that you had recomended Zippers, and now some people were having issues. I know how you feel, but at the same time, it was not you doing the work, and you just passed along your good experiences. I am thankfull for this forum and for the knowledge that I gain from it from people like you! I am hopefull that I can get this worked out and I believe that at least part of my problem is on this end with nobody here knowing much about the thundermax. If I still don't get the power and find that it is a issue with heads, cams etc., then I will contact Zippers and give them the opportunity to make it right. For now, I am not ready to point fingers at Zippers or anyone else untill I figure out what the problem is. I do, however, believe that Zippers is and has developed some serious problems with their customer service, and that if they wish to remain a leader in this business, they better address them really quickly. It takes a long time to build a good reputation, but not very long to earn a bad one!  :-\
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

I was looking for more in the 130/130 range. Once I get the bike dyno tuned with the SERT maybe I will know more. Zippers had a Boarzilla with them in Sturgis and I was going to buy it and put it on, but they did not seem to think the pipes were the problem. Could you check and see next time you talk to Zippers if they can look up the Muscle 113 that they sold to Walters Brothers Harley in Peoria IL.(I am the only one Walters Bros has done) and see what size throttle body they sent with it? Zippers asked me at Sturgis if it was a 50 or 54? I told them it was what ever came with the kit, and they said they would call the office and verify and call me back, they must have forgotten. They also were going to contact a dyno operator and see if we could get it on a dyno at Sturgis to try to figure out my problem, but I never heard back on that either. I appreciate all your help, I saw in another thread where you had felt bad that you had recomended Zippers, and now some people were having issues. I know how you feel, but at the same time, it was not you doing the work, and you just passed along your good experiences. I am thankfull for this forum and for the knowledge that I gain from it from people like you! I am hopefull that I can get this worked out and I believe that at least part of my problem is on this end with nobody here knowing much about the thundermax. If I still don't get the power and find that it is a issue with heads, cams etc., then I will contact Zippers and give them the opportunity to make it right. For now, I am not ready to point fingers at Zippers or anyone else untill I figure out what the problem is. I do, however, believe that Zippers is and has developed some serious problems with their customer service, and that if they wish to remain a leader in this business, they better address them really quickly. It takes a long time to build a good reputation, but not very long to earn a bad one!  :-\

Are you not being a little optimistic of getting 130/130 with a 113" Engine, just asking?

You bring up the point of throttle body size, besides that I would look at the injectors also.

On my Jims 120 build with stock HD TB and injectors and a stock SERT Map I was getting 120/120. With a change to the Kuraykyn 57mm TB and 6.63 injectors, proper MAP for the SERT and tuning, it dunyd at 131 HP and 134 lb. ft. Torque.

geezerglide

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

Zipper's recommended the Boarzilla to me as well, but the FatCat with race baffle produced the best HP/TQ in the rpm range I ride in.  The Boarzilla is too much pipe even for a 120.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 08:36:56 PM »

Are you not being a little optimistic of getting 130/130 with a 113" Engine, just asking?

You bring up the point of throttle body size, besides that I would look at the injectors also.

On my Jims 120 build with stock HD TB and injectors and a stock SERT Map I was getting 120/120. With a change to the Kuraykyn 57mm TB and 6.63 injectors, proper MAP for the SERT and tuning, it dunyd at 131 HP and 134 lb. ft. Torque.

geezerglide

i agree with the optimistic statement. 130 out of a 113 can be easily had------------but for how long and whats it gonna cost you?

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:14 PM »

130/130 maybe a bit optimistic especially on the hp, but there are guys on this board making close to that with the same build. At this point though I am way lower than that and would be happy with even in the 120 range. Dawg got 126/126 and Screamin Eagle got 126/132, so I don't think that I was way out of line.
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 02:25:15 AM »

Well got the retune done with the SERT and they managed to pull 113 HP and 121 TQ out of it. They said the graph pretty much flattened out at 5000 RPM and that it looked like the heads were not flowing enough above 5000. I think this winter it will be back to the drawing board with a 124" T-Man package and build.

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

Did I hear you right?  113/121 isn't enough?  How many thousands will it cost to go 124?  I think that we get psyched out by the dyno numbers that we see our friends getting here on the internet.  When I go to the local bike night, I see maybe 1 out of 100 Harleys that could outrun your bike.  Your build is nothing to sneeze at!
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »

Well got the retune done with the SERT and they managed to pull 113 HP and 121 TQ out of it. They said the graph pretty much flattened out at 5000 RPM and that it looked like the heads were not flowing enough above 5000. I think this winter it will be back to the drawing board with a 124" T-Man package and build.

Just us 6,

Any chance of getting any runs with your bike on the same dyno's that those guys you're comparing your numbers to.   Now that your bike is tuned, you maybe less far off than you think the dyno's they used happen to be let us call it a generous dyno.

In otherwords if the dyno they used shows typically higher numbers than let's say another dyno that is spot on you could be right in line with yours and their dyno numbers.   One member here on the site had his bike dyno'd one place got 125/124 went to another dyno with in 2 1/2 hours and saw 111/110.   Just food for thought.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 07:17:06 AM »

Wow, I didn't know there was that much difference in dyno's. I am not upset with the numbers I got. Its just a hobby, I like power. We will see if this satisfy's my power urges or if I go bigger??  :-\ :-\

screamin eagle

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »

If I had to do over again I would just purchase a 126 twin cam (Orca) motor from RS Racing and be done with it. They provide the auto tune ignition with the motor for what I paid for a 113 Muscle kit. The 126 has roughly 150 HP.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:07 PM »

If I had to do over again I would just purchase a 126 twin cam (Orca) motor from RS Racing and be done with it. They provide the auto tune ignition with the motor for what I paid for a 113 Muscle kit. The 126 has roughly 150 HP.

150 on which day, which dyno, which operator? get the drift? been talking to g square about their 126-----160-170 hp. cost? around 16000 dollars. who do you believe?well certainly G2 knows what they speak.  i could tell you 150 hp for $8000 but who do you believe? bobby woods says most people would freak out if they rode a bike with a true 100tq/100hp. marketing hype is killing the integrity of real engine builds!!!!!

05flhri

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »

Hey all i am new to the sight. I have a Zippers muscle 95" motor w/ a tmax and i'm getting 110/112 and 35 mpg in town and 42 on the hiway. The only problem i've had w/ my motor was that the dealer left the cam bolt loose and it locked the motor up. Thinking about a 120" kit and i will probably do a Zippers kit. Pete @ zippers has been great so far.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.