Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.  (Read 12862 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

Okay, here's the thing. The last time we had a POTUS who was a man of courage, integrity and faith was Jimmy Carter and we all know what a crappy POTUS he was. Probably the most decent moral man ever to hold the office, but a crappy POTUS. I fear the same with McCain

BUT

Obama is a creation of the DNC, elected to the Senate at the right juncture in history so as to not have voted for anything of any substance to establish any pattern or record to decide on. He is greener than a new dollar bill and I fear that even more

B B

Spiderman,
  I Love you 'Bro, but WTF are you talkin' about?  JImmy Carter?  That chit has long been out of the horse.  A sad state of affairs, to say the least.  Billy Carter was more famous than Jimmy, right?  We need to talk.  Call me.  OTIS told me you were a Gentleman, and a Scholar.  That's good enough for me.  Any Friend of OTIS, is a Friend of mine.  :2vrolijk_21: There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »

Billy Carter was more famous than Jimmy, right? 

And who would be with a product like this one?

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2008, 11:22:11 PM »

And who could forget...

where it was consumed...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »

Where Jimmy grew up...

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

Okay, here's the thing. The last time we had a POTUS who was a man of courage, integrity and faith was Jimmy Carter and we all know what a crappy POTUS he was. Probably the most decent moral man ever to hold the office, but a crappy POTUS. I fear the same with McCain

BUT

Obama is a creation of the DNC, elected to the Senate at the right juncture in history so as to not have voted for anything of any substance to establish any pattern or record to decide on. He is greener than a new dollar bill and I fear that even more

B B

I am not sure about the most moral man part but incompetant surely comes to mind and to compare him to McCain is a disservice to McCain....

and I voted for the peanut farmer and I am certainly not the biggest McCain Fan
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »

Carter was a good man, just not up to the job he took on. He wasn't ready for the dishonest crooks he'd have to deal with, and didn't stand up the foreign enemies. For many years after he left office he went around the nation helping build Habitat For Humanity houses, even some of his old staff worked with him. Out pastor at our church worked with Him in NY on a house.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »

OK, for all those who weren't happy with the McCain/Billary/Obama choices, according to my morning newspaper Mr. Ralph Nader has heard your anguished cries and has agreed once more to step into the breech for the good of the country.  Hot Damn!

Jerry

PS  I think I'm going to puke, and then move to Canada.  Oh wait, I can't stand cold weather.  Maybe I'll move to some nice Central American dictatorship instead; at least I wouldn't have to listen to all this political crap every four years.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »

PS  I think I'm going to puke, and then move to Canada.  Oh wait, I can't stand cold weather.  Maybe I'll move to some nice Central American dictatorship instead; at least I wouldn't have to listen to all this political crap every four years.
You just summed it up, Jerry, as dismal as the politics are here, they're worlds better than anyplace else.  So, we can bitch on, but be thankful at the same time.  ??? har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »

Holy Crap...   what a dismal set of choices.   How do we fix this?
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »

Pat Paulson died a while ago.  Maybe we could clone him?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »

Pat Paulson died a while ago.  Maybe we could clone him?   :nixweiss:

How bout Robin Williams ?

B B

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2008, 10:15:02 PM »

OK, for all those who weren't happy with the McCain/Billary/Obama choices, according to my morning newspaper Mr. Ralph Nader has heard your anguished cries and has agreed once more to step into the breech for the good of the country.  Hot Damn!

Jerry

Hugo Chavez is looking for a few good men and Gas is cheap and who knows you might even meet Patrick Kennedy
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »

...or Ralph Nader !! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: Oops :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:20:11 PM by grandpadoc »

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »

Carter was a good man, just not up to the job he took on. He wasn't ready for the dishonest crooks he'd have to deal with, and didn't stand up the foreign enemies. For many years after he left office he went around the nation helping build Habitat For Humanity houses, even some of his old staff worked with him. Out pastor at our church worked with Him in NY on a house.

Like I said in the top 5 worst president of modern times......I like to give credit for intentions but he has even tainted his self proclaimed moral supremacy

with his dealings with the Arab banks and the scandals that followed him......got a lot of suspicious loans from foreigners to bale out the the family peanut

farm as I remember and then turned on Israel, lots of claims of antisemitism and he has surely lost it if you have heard him speak lately.

My biggest disappointment ever in politics.  Maybe he will be remembered as the really bad president that cared for poor people and helped them them

build houses.  (oh bye the way  Jimmy Carter did not start habitat for Humanity, just helped the cause)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.