Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The strangest thing you have hit!  (Read 20672 times)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
Re: The strangest thing you have hit!
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »

Riding home from Sturgis this year I ran through a swarm of grasshoppers from the carnage on the side of my bike they were about two inches long and they exploded and splattered when they hit. I had grasshopper leavins all over me. ewwww. I had to stop and wipe my face and arms off.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »

Riding home from Sturgis this year I ran through a swarm of grasshoppers from the carnage on the side of my bike they were about two inches long and they exploded and splattered when they hit. I had grasshopper leavins all over me. ewwww. I had to stop and wipe my face and arms off.

What?  You cleaned your face and your arms...and you didn't wipe down your bike first!   ???  Man the nerve of some people...  ;D :D ;D
SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »

That's pretty funny.  I thought the same thing immediately...what about the bike?

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »

I just got the last one out of the headlight bezel when i changed the bulb two days ago. they were actually stuck in the cooling fins. That freaked me out it just looked like a haze across the road and i asked myself WTF is that then........SPLATTTTTT. My buddy had time to duck when he watched me go thru. not funny then but now :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:44 AM »

I just got the last one out of the headlight bezel when i changed the bulb two days ago. they were actually stuck in the cooling fins. That freaked me out it just looked like a haze across the road and i asked myself WTF is that then........SPLATTTTTT. My buddy had time to duck when he watched me go thru. not funny then but now :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Desert Locusts?  :'( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:13 AM »

Nebraska or Kansas.......corn on eather side of the road. dont remember where we were.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

REGGAB

« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

I think I shared this back in 2007.  On the way to RT May 2007, I ran over a small piece of pallet wood while east bound on I24 in Chattanooga by the foundry.  Started slappin' against the inside of the front fender.  Scared the beJesus out of me.  Pulled over, removed the pallet wood and staple, called Thunder Creek and made the call to try and make it there.  Had me in and out with a new front tire in two hours.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »

On our trip to the GTG get together in Canada, I was riding behind the rest saw a Hawk setting on a fence post next thing I knew he was almost in my lap, he flew right into my fairing and it's like he blew up there were feathers including his head all over the bike. For the rest of the trip my new name was ( Hawk-Killer ) I was the winner for the rest of the trip. On the way home (SanJoseDuke) and I was headed home going thru Washington, we had just left a small town when a Doe ran out right in front of Duke, he hit her head on killed the deer and keep the bike up, the best riding I've ever seen with only a bent front fender.

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »

The end of the riding season was coming upon us fast this past fall, so Al and I would take short rides after work each day. One day we were heading out of the next town over, planning on riding the country roads, when two hogs bounded out into the roadway. They seemed like they were playing and dancing about. I was in the lead and just slowed down to watch were they might go, Al passed me and blatted his mufflers. Those hogs stopped short, looked at us, then ran back onto the property. They then turned and just watched us as we proceeded on. Never hit them, thank goodness, but it sure was a great laugh!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:10:53 PM by Janine »
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2008, 08:59:12 PM »

technically this was not me that hit the object, but my buddy was riding with a group up the Pa Turnpike (northeast ext.) and he gets trapped behind a car with bicycles mounted on back. before he can get around the car low and behold a bike wheel comes off in front of him at 70 mph and is bouncing straight toward him.
He stays his course hoping that it clears him and clips his right leg, he got bruised pretty good but did not go down or take a full impact.
He was very lucky that it did not kill him, for the traffic had no where to go if he went down.
The cage driver stopped and was very apologetic but my buddy just wanted to get away and put it behind him. He limped for several weeks.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »

Have Ya ever got stuck behind a misty cattle truck?? :bigcry:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »

Have Ya ever got stuck behind a misty cattle truck?? :bigcry:
Better to pull off and wait rather than follow a honey dipper,cattle truck,dump truck w/ gravel or mulch, chickens or a trash truck.

Did I miss anything?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »

Stock trailer full of pigs is the WORST.They'll back up
 to the side of the trailer & dump out a hole.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »

Better to pull off and wait rather than follow a honey dipper,cattle truck,dump truck w/ gravel or mulch, chickens or a trash truck.

Did I miss anything?

That's Rule #2 about riding a motorcycle.

Rule #1 is don't be the bike behind the car that hits the skunk.
Rule #2 is don't be the bike behind the stock/poo/otherwise mess tank or trailer.

rifter

• 2006 FLHTI
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »

My Brother in law and I were riding up Hwy 15 from St Cloud Florida, it's a beauty of a day and we're just crusing about 50 to 55 MPH came up on some of my kin (white trash) hauling all thier belongings in the back of a 1 ton with tall side boards, on top is a kiddie wading pool you know the 4 foot diameter and a foot deep kind, well a few scraps of paper and who knows what else was flying off so we backed off and just watched the show the next damn thing to fly was that wading pool, I was in the lead watching this thing hit the groung then fly back in the air then it rolled and sat down like it was waiting for water but still sliding, I centered it, rolled right over it and it came out the back flying through the air again, my Bro in law just dodged it and was laughing his butt off as he blasted around me while I'm trying to jump start my heart at 10 MPH. That was my weirdest road kill.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 23 queries.