Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Aftermarket Slip ons 4" dia. for 09 SE Roady?  (Read 7877 times)

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
Aftermarket Slip ons 4" dia. for 09 SE Roady?
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »

Well have 200 miles on the bike, the mustang seat I can wait on, however, the OEM muffers are just too  quiet.  Does anyone know if a good aftermarket set in a 4" dia. slip ons (that look like the stock)  that are available yet? :nixweiss:
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Aftermarket Slip ons 4" dia. for 09 SE Roady?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

D&D says thiers fit...

536-11T Super Boss 07-09 4" Straight Cut, Black, w/ Quiet Baffle   $624 s/o 29 1/2"
536-12T Super Boss 07-09 4" Straight Cut, Chrome, w/ Quiet Baffle  $524 s/o 29 1/2"
   No other Baffles     
536-11L Super Boss 07-09 4" Slant Cut, Black, w/ Quiet Baffle  $624 s/o 29 1/2"
536-12L Super Boss 07-09 4" Slant Cut, Chrome, w/ Quiet Baffle  $524 s/o 29 1/2"

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »

I'll ck them out, much thanks :)
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »

Don't forget a air filter and super sert..

http://www.kandn.com/images/l/HD-1508.jpg

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »

Bassani makes a 4" diameter reverse cone slip on that is a great performance muffler

B B

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »

Klock werks is working on one too.  He's supposed to send me a pair to demo.  They'll be a reverse slash cut 4" diameter with great sound.

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:43 AM »

I live over in Flowery Branch north of Atlanta, I would very much like to see and hear them when you receive,  we could meet half way,....   Jack

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

Well have 200 miles on the bike, the mustang seat I can wait on, however, the OEM muffers are just too  quiet.  Does anyone know if a good aftermarket set in a 4" dia. slip ons (that look like the stock)  that are available yet? :nixweiss:

how about a new core set for yours? They will look stock and sound like a Harley should.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27454.0
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »

Hey Fullsac, you stepped on my thread for my SEUC4 but that is great if you can give me advice on what to do for my stock bike.  I want to keep the 2 into 1 into 2.  So what options do I have?  I hear there is a Cat conv. in the header pipes just prior to the separation(???)   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
I am ready to spend money but do not know what to do :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:10:13 PM »

Don't forget a air filter and super sert..

http://www.kandn.com/images/l/HD-1508.jpg

I'm telling you guy's...... you ain't gonna need all that with this bike.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

Hey Fullsac, you stepped on my thread for my SEUC4 but that is great if you can give me advice on what to do for my stock bike.  I want to keep the 2 into 1 into 2.  So what options do I have?  I hear there is a Cat conv. in the header pipes just prior to the separation(???)   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
I am ready to spend money but do not know what to do :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Add what ever slip ons you want, I don't think its going to change it. Computer is too smart. Start with that after you have enough miles to know if it changes anything for the worse. As you said cats are before the mufflers. I'm going with these when I get 5000 miles on my ultra.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/monsterovals08.html

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »

Add what ever slip ons you want, I don't think its going to change it. Computer is too smart. Start with that after you have enough miles to know if it changes anything for the worse. As you said cats are before the mufflers. I'm going with these when I get 5000 miles on my ultra.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/monsterovals08.html

Rob, I love those Monster Ovals but I was told today they are not yet available for the 09's :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »

Rob, I love those Monster Ovals but I was told today they are not yet available for the 09's :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

According to the site should be sometime by the end of the month. By the time I get mine to 5000 it will be good and broke in and they should be available before then.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:39 PM »

According to the site should be sometime by the end of the month. By the time I get mine to 5000 it will be good and broke in and they should be available before then.

Rob, sorry but I can't stand the quiet for 5000 miles and I bet you the best steak dinner in all of Fla that you won't be able to wait either ;)  How about it buddy?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

I can never be quiet...D&D slip on 4" and sert on delivery day for me!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »

I can never be quiet...D&D slip on 4" and sert on delivery day for me!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: ;) :drink:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 12:59:43 AM »

I had a set of 09 mufflers in my hand. Identical external dimentions to all 95-08 mufflers. If you like the look of your stock mufflers, replacing the cores is an inexpensive option that will give you performance and a smooth rumble while maintaining the looks and quality of the OEM muffler. The jury is still out on the how much power if any the cat is robbing. Dyno test will tell the real story soon enough. Thats all I know about the 09s so far. Sorry for stepping on your thread. I thought Jettjocky started this one. Quess I need to lay down the bong.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

MikeD

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 06:23:57 AM »

I had a set of 09 mufflers in my hand. Identical external dimentions to all 95-08 mufflers. If you like the look of your stock mufflers, replacing the cores is an inexpensive option that will give you performance and a smooth rumble while maintaining the looks and quality of the OEM muffler. The jury is still out on the how much power if any the cat is robbing. Dyno test will tell the real story soon enough. Thats all I know about the 09s so far. Sorry for stepping on your thread. I thought Jettjocky started this one. Quess I need to lay down the bong.

SG

Your more than welcome anywhere on this site!   Thanks for joining on and providing the information on the stock pipes and what you can do for us.   Welcome aboard!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »

SG

Yeah Steve!  Where were you before I ordered my 4" D&D muffy's!  Only kidding, welcome and I look forward to some education on exhaust flow, always up to learmn a little something.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 07:58:20 AM »

SG

SG, not a problem....I was only kidding on the "stepping" comment.  I am happy you posted because I need the advice and education.  Replacing the cores sounds appealing to me.  Thanks and keep contributing PLEASE! :2vrolijk_21:
Warren

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

Rob, sorry but I can't stand the quiet for 5000 miles and I bet you the best steak dinner in all of Fla that you won't be able to wait either ;)  How about it buddy?

Your on!! Everyone here is a witness! I can handle 2 months of quiet....especially when I only have 5 1/2 weeks left! :orange:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:10:30 PM by Robmay »

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »

I had Steve change out my cores and sounds much much better.  For a very inexpensive upgrade from stock well worth the money.  Haven't had a chance to run it much but It at least rumbles now louder than my John Deere Lawnmower.   My neighbors who know nothing about Harleys at least no I have one again.  I've had this one for a few weeks and most couldn't even hear me coming in so they figured just sold the old one and quit riding :huepfenjump3:

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »

I had sent Vance and Hines an email inquiring about pipes and this was his response. I am in agreement way too quiet with the stock, but it is nice to hear the stereo plainly at 90mph. So it looks like the monsters are available right now. I just dont understand what makes them so expensive they are almost twice as much as most of the others, I had the basics on my 04 road king and my 06 SE Ultra and they sounded different on each bike but I loved the deep growl when you go ton it. Give this guy a call if you want more info
Chanman

The Only set of Slip-ons we currently offer that will fit the Å’09 is the
following:

Part# 16741              DRESSER 95-09 TAPERED SLASH-CUT SLIP-ONS
RET   $370.00

&

Part# 16755              FLH/FLT DRESSER 95-09 MONSTER OVALS W/CHRM ENDCAPS
RET   $759.00

The rest of our Å’09 Slip-ons will be ready approx.  by December.

Our 2008 FuelPak will fit the Å’09 models, however, the maps are currently
being developed and will be ready  in the upcoming weeks.

--

Ryan Lewis

Sales/ Tech. Support
Vance & Hines Racing
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(800) 592-2529 ext. 136
Fax: 562-802-0110

hogpilot

• CVO1: '09 SERG Electric Orange
    • CVO2: '02 FLHTCUI
    • CVO3: '06 FXSTB
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »

The V&H Monster Ovals for '09 are available at EBAY seller AmericanClassicMotors, PART# 16755. $624.95 + free shipping for Buy it Now.  Sam
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:57:49 PM by hogpilot »

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »

I saw a pair of the Monster Ovals yesterday. They will not work on a 09 SERG, unless they make a special offset version for that bike. The bracket location centers the muffler under the bag, not in the center of the carved opening. They are awesome looking for sure. I'd pay the extra for them if they fit in the center of that opening...

Brad

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »

The V&H Monster Ovals for '09 are available at EBAY seller AmericanClassicMotors, PART# 16755. $624.95 + free shipping for Buy it Now.  Sam

I sent him a question just to make sure. If they indeed do fit an 09, I am buying a pair. Thanks for the link. Best price I could get anywhere else was $638.00 cash.

Rob

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

Your on!! Everyone here is a witness! I can handle 2 months of quiet....especially when I only have 5 1/2 weeks left! :orange:

Darn,,,,I did not know you would do anything for a free meal  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
I have 1300 miles on mine in two weeks and I must admit the silence is nice sometimes until you get in traffic.
I LOVE the looks of the monster ovals but I may wait and see them on yours first.  I almost bought the Bub 7's today on ebay for half the price of the Monsters.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »

Darn,,,,I did not know you would do anything for a free meal  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
I have 1300 miles on mine in two weeks and I must admit the silence is nice sometimes until you get in traffic.
I LOVE the looks of the monster ovals but I may wait and see them on yours first.  I almost bought the Bub 7's today on ebay for half the price of the Monsters.

Its gonna be close!!

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

Its gonna be close!!

I think we will need an arbitrator and someone to keep the dinner money in escrow!  ;D ;DAre you two willing to come to PCB for dinner and :drink:??

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »

Where the hell is PCB? :P

hogpilot

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 05:21:20 AM »

I sent him a question just to make sure. If they indeed do fit an 09, I am buying a pair. Thanks for the link. Best price I could get anywhere else was $638.00 cash.

Rob
Rob,
I'm anxious to hear what was said about the fitment of the Monster Ovals on the '09 SERG.  I agree, looks like it will be close.

MikeD

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 06:41:33 AM »

The Vance and Hines site say they will fit.  However, the mounting bracket on that pipe is centered and it will be centered on the bag and not in the space you see on the rear of you bike.  For instance, the oval area, will be hugging the bag, leaving a large open area toward the center, or rear fender.  Ascetically, it doesn't look right, you want to modify you bike, but still make it look like a 30K bike!  I love the look of the monsters, but just on the 09 SERGS.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »

Rob,
I'm anxious to hear what was said about the fitment of the Monster Ovals on the '09 SERG.  I agree, looks like it will be close.

Hog, I know this is a RG post but mine are going on an Ultra. Sorry.  :(

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »

Ovals in a round hole??   :confused5:

hogpilot

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:19 AM »

Hog, I know this is a RG post but mine are going on an Ultra. Sorry.  :(
I called Vances & Hines yesterday about the Monster Ovals.  Told me the mounting bracket is offset from center and pipes are specifically labeled left and right. Says they should fit fine on the '09 SERG. The guy I talked to was familiar with rear end design.  Also watched a video on You-Tube with a set on a '09 stock Street Glide, about eight minutes long.  You-Tube, search for Monster Oval.  Sam

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »

I called Vances & Hines yesterday about the Monster Ovals.  Told me the mounting bracket is offset from center and pipes are specifically labeled left and right. Says they should fit fine on the '09 SERG. The guy I talked to was familiar with rear end design.  Also watched a video on You-Tube with a set on a '09 stock Street Glide, about eight minutes long.  You-Tube, search for Monster Oval.  Sam

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »

The Monster Ovals on my '06 SE Ultra are not centered on the bag.  But that doesn't mean they will fit on a '09 SERG.  Not sure how the Oval design would look in the round cut out of the SERG.  The Monsters are approximately 5 1/2 inches wide.

Here's a picture on them on my bike and you can see they are offset.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 03:19:36 PM »

Another look.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »

Dakota,

How do you like the sound? Is it deep? Was wondering what the difference would be between that stock Street Glide in the video and the 110 with more compression? Yours is a 103 right?

Rob

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »

The Monsters have a nice low rumble.  I really like the sound at idle and around town.  But on the highway the low droan tends to get to me after a couple hours.  I've had a lot of mufflers on my bike over the past 2+ years and these are probably the best sounding, but still too loud for me on the long hauls.  I'm actually trying to sell my bike right now.  If I don't get it sold I'm going to try the Fullsac baffles in my stock CVO mufflers.  I found that everything is louder on my 103" and I'm sure it's the same for the 110's.  I'm also running the V&H true duals.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »

I do love the looks of these ovals, now if only they made them for the new 09 SERG's 5 1/2 Round Perfect  :2vrolijk_21:

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 05:52:11 AM »

I ordered a set of Cobra Billet Tip 4" slip-ons this week. To me, they look the closest to the stock mufflers.

http://www.cobrausa-hd.com/product.php?id=11&bmid=32

I don't know if they fit the '09, but I will find out. The place I bought them from has a good return policy, and I got them for $380 with shipping.

Brad

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »

Brad,

Keep us posted with a report when you get them if you don't mind.

Rob

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 03:31:21 AM »

The pipes should be here today, and if I know me at all (and I do), they'll be on the bike within a couple hours (hehe).

I'll take some pics and post on Friday. Stay tuned.

Brad

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »

Got mine on. Heres the link where I posted the pics.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21462.135;topicseen

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

Got mine on. Heres the link where I posted the pics.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21462.135;topicseen

They (monster ovals) look 10 times better on Rob's 09 than on the older bikes.

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

OK, they are here and on the bike - the Cobra slip ons.

Here is a picture from the side:

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2008, 03:47:40 PM »

and from the top:

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »

and from the back:

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »

here is the soundclip....

off I go for a test drive...

Brad

hogpilot

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »

Brad
Thanks Brad,
Sound and look great!  How about on the road?  Do the Cobra's have the same dimple to avoid the axle nut as the stock slip-ons or is it no factor?  Sam

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 10:05:35 PM »

Brad

Sounds NICE!

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »

I don't really see much of a difference in performance, but I only drove it 15 miles. More detail to come.

As far as the dimple for the axle nut, yes, it is there in the right place. They seem much lighter than the stock mufflers, too.

Brad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 21 queries.